Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

glucifer wrote: »
    Anyone going to enter for M&G/Snakepit tomorrow?
    https://www.metallica.com/contests

I'll enter it for the laugh but very hard to win it I'd say. Think its takes place during the last support act so u have too miss Ghost if u win it

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'll enter it for the laugh but very hard to win it I'd say. Think its takes place during the last support act so u have too miss Ghost if u win it

Ahh that's a pain if thats the case I was under the impression that your told by the 4th of June if you won it or not and im not sure if its just a matter of collecting the passes on the day or they send them to you. From what ive heard is that you just collect them early and you can watch all the bands im also a bit confused is it just a matter of an enhanced view or do you get all the other merch and stuff that they put into it cause the tickets you win are worth €5,000. I dont think the general person would even know about the contest and i seriously doubt given by all the talk of poor ticket sales that people forked out €2,500 per person for that experience so id say there will be loads of winners cause theyll have to fill it up. I got the shortest straw cause it had all the added on stuff plus the golden circle saves me having to queue to buy it on the day. You also get to meet them if you win it and i reckon a handful of people paid €2,500 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah but they will be playing in Slane.

The spiritual home of rock in Ireland.

Lizzy were a huge influence on them

Only right to pay tribute by doing whiskey

I wish they'd do another Lizzy song besides Whiskey, or just do a Thin Lizzy medley during Rob/Kirk's jam bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Ahh that's a pain if thats the case I was under the impression that your told by the 4th of June if you won it or not and im not sure if its just a matter of collecting the passes on the day or they send them to you. From what ive heard is that you just collect them early and you can watch all the bands im also a bit confused is it just a matter of an enhanced view or do you get all the other merch and stuff that they put into it cause the tickets you win are worth €5,000. I dont think the general person would even know about the contest and i seriously doubt given by all the talk of poor ticket sales that people forked out €2,500 per person for that experience so id say there will be loads of winners cause theyll have to fill it up. I got the shortest straw cause it had all the added on stuff plus the golden circle saves me having to queue to buy it on the day. You also get to meet them if you win it and i reckon a handful of people paid €2,500 for that

If you win you just either get the snake pit passes or the meet and greet, you do not get all the add ons that people have paid for.
    Not all the snake pit will be competition winners/paid for people, there will be a few record company people and their guests

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And given the choice of winning either snake pit or meet and greet i'd take the snake pit every day of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah as cool as it would be too meet the band (well some of the band) it would be meh too me and It would be so awkward and God kwns what ye could talk about. The band are so used to this ****e they can act there way through it

Yeah as cool as it would be too meet the band (well some of the band) it would be meh too me and It would be so awkward and God kwns what ye could talk about. The band are so used to this ****e they can act there way through it

Yeah but how often in life would you get to say you met just for example 2/4 or 3/4th of Metallica?

Like imagine you won and you got to meet James Hetfield even if for a 10th of second.

I know it's a hypothetical as James doesn't do the M&G's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wish they'd do another Lizzy song besides Whiskey, or just do a Thin Lizzy medley during Rob/Kirk's jam bit.

As long as it's not 'The Boys are back in town".

I agree, the jam is the best place for it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

yeah, I'm with you there. I'm in my 40's and past my days of wanting to meet stars.

As long as it's not 'The Boys are back in town".

I agree, the jam is the best place for it though

Off the top of my head, I'd rather they did Having A Good Time off Chinatown, or something off of Thunder And Lightning, The Rocker from Vagabonds. Roisín Dubh from Black Rose.

But we're gonna be stuck with Whiskey unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

If you win M&G you get snakepit too

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭peter4918

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, I'd rather they did Having A Good Time off Chinatown, or something off of Thunder And Lightning, The Rocker from Vagabonds. Roisín Dubh from Black Rose.

But we're gonna be stuck with Whiskey unfortunately

I dunno, are posters missing the point here? They are not just picking a random Thin Lizzy song and playing it for the sake of if. As we know they have recorded Whiskey in the Jar and put it out on an album, so while they are playing in Ireland they will play it. Good tune and It’s only 5 minutes long to be fair, it’ll hardly make or break the evening!

peter4918 wrote: »
    I dunno, are posters missing the point here? They are not just picking a random Thin Lizzy song and playing it for the sake of if. As we know they have recorded Whiskey in the Jar and put it out on an album, so while they are playing in Ireland they will play it. Good tune and It’s only 5 minutes long to be fair, it’ll hardly make or break the evening!

And yet the songs I mentioned are far better than Whiskey. There's more to Thin Lizzy than the aforementioned song, if only people would you know dig further than their hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think most people don't mind whiskey it's just Metallica play exclusively 18 songs per gig (not including the kirk and Rob doodle) and of those 18 10-11 songs are locked in leaving 8-7 a fair amount are rotated too. Ask most people would they prefer whiskey over any of their original songs and if be surprised if anyone would say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Was looking forward to hearing whiskey in the jar until I read this thread. Looks like it will be a buzz killer. Don't think anyone whatsoever will enjoy it when it's enivetably played. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i suppose whiskey is worth it due to the atmosphere it creates

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They're gonna play whiskey! Fcuk it, I'm not going now!

Was looking forward to hearing whiskey in the jar until I read this thread. Looks like it will be a buzz killer. Don't think anyone whatsoever will enjoy it when it's enivetably played. Shame.

nah ...metallica would have approx 7 to 10000 fans, the rest will be shouting for whiskey and will do a riverdance when it's played

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can’t wait for the intro to whiskey blaring out over slane !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

scudzilla wrote: »
    If you win you just either get the snake pit passes or the meet and greet, you do not get all the add ons that people have paid for.
    Not all the snake pit will be competition winners/paid for people, there will be a few record company people and their guests

How do you actually enter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

D.Q wrote: »
    How do you actually enter?

Metclub(online fan club)

entry from 6 tonight for a week with results next tuesday

This will be the best slane ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Metclub(online fan club)

If ticket sales are as poor to be believed, we may have a chance :P

Getting very excited for this now :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Can’t wait for the intro to whiskey blaring out over slane !!

Will almost be as good as the intro to spice up your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Will almost be as good as the intro to spice up your life?

Spice up your whiskey!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djb92

glucifer wrote: »
    Anyone going to enter for M&G/Snakepit tomorrow?
    https://www.metallica.com/contests

How do you enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

djb92 wrote: »
    How do you enter?

Metclub(online fan club)

enter through your met club account

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Zwillinge wrote: »
    If ticket sales are as poor to be believed, we may have a chance :P

Getting very excited for this now :):)

I seriously doubt people paid €2,500 to be honest so there may be a good chance you also have to keep in mind that for every person that wins a second may be going automatically so itll fill up quick its some ridiculous price to be in there though. Ticket sales cant be as bad as there saying surely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I have a feeling whiskey will be second after hardwired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are there any other people with disabilities on this thread going to the gig?

Have you received any information from MCD in relation to car park access on the day?

Edit: just got an email from MCD...they'll be in touch later this week.

Advertisement