Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's the one job I hate doing tbh , cleaning windows .

I swear they would drive me insane if i let them, smears and smudges etc. Hence night polish ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

When I saw this picture I thought of a certain Seph :D

Morning all :) It’s raining but the boss wants his walk, the things I do for him :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cmon go to bed Grem....

I hope your gone to bed Grem :)

I am but sleep is patchy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

I am but sleep is patchy..

Damp? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

How's your arm today?

Fresian more like....

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How's your arm today?

It like someone gave me a single knuckle punch yesterday, it's grand though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the M1 motorway with my OH in our new car, on a drive for the afternoon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,956 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Safe driving in the new car Jupiterkid, enjoy :)

Just after dinner , am stuffed, but I've just remembered I have apple tart and icecream, think I may wait a bit though :pac:

Enjoy the new wheels Jupiter :)

I was in the shops. Two Guards were standing outside the front doors, sentry like. A fella went to walk in the 'wrong' and door and was quickly and brusquely told 'hey that's the wrong door go in the right one'.

And I just thought :( That's what life has become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside

Mentally preparing myself for another busy week, hopefully, it'll go ok.

This week has been a strange one, I've been coming and going a lot between my apartment and my folk's house (and a trip to cork).

Apple tart sounds lovely Mam ;) I’ll slide the plate over ;)

Diamonds you know my door is always open to you whichever way you enter ;)

Jupiter, safe and happy travels, what did you get? I'm a curious little bint sometimes!

Trundling here after a crappy sleep.

Oh yes JK what car did your OH get :) and Happy Motoring!!!

Am I the only person here who has never sat behind the wheel of a car in his life & doesn't give a jot about cars?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm far from a petrol head but I'd be lost without my car, nothing like hopping in and tootling off somewhere on a whim.

The weather is seriously getting to me now, leaves and bits of twigs all over the garden and the grass needs to be cut, but the whole area is like a swamp. Summer me arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm far from a petrol head but I'd be lost without my car, nothing like hopping in and tootling off somewhere on a whim.

The weather is seriously getting to me now, leaves and bits of twigs all over the garden and the grass needs to be cut, but the whole area is like a swamp. Summer me arse!

You wanna talk about the weather and the garden????:mad: I actually hate cutting grass. I only do it to keep people happy. Don't like the grief I get. My daisies are up and it's starting to look a bit long. I had gaps in the weather to cut it this weekend, but I said, fook it. No interest. Walked it yesterday and with all the wind lately, there's twigs all over the place. You know the drill. They all have to be picked up before you cut it. Like you, it's a bog after all the feckin rain anyway. If the weather continues like this the grass can go to F....:D

• Advertisement

Am I the only person here who has never sat behind the wheel of a car in his life & doesn't give a jot about cars?

Nope! Although, I did do lessons many moons ago, before i knew I had dyspraxia. The last thing i said to the instructor was "I'm never getting behind the wheel of a car again!". I wish I could drive,though. Me and Grumpy would have so much more freedom if I could drive. I'd bring him somewhere different in Kerry everyday and every sunny day we'd be at a beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Nope! Although, I did do lessons many moons ago, before i knew I had dyspraxia. The last thing i said to the instructor was "I'm never getting behind the wheel of a car again!". I wish I could drive,though. Me and Grumpy would have so much more freedom if I could drive. I'd bring him somewhere different in Kerry everyday and every sunny day we'd be at a beach.

My 74 year old mother never learned to drive or swim. She considers both as her biggest regrets for a variety of reasons. Even driving close to water scares her. My heart goes out to Mrs G who hasn't driven since her stroke in 2017. She really wants to but the way back is long and expensive. Being able to drive and having a car has so many many advantages. But you can survive without it in fairness.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My 74 year old mother never learned to drive or swim. She considers both as her biggest regrets for a variety of reasons. Even driving close to water scares her. My heart goes out to Mrs G who hasn't driven since her stroke in 2017. She really wants to but the way back is long and expensive. Being able to drive and having a car has so many many advantages. But you can survive without it in fairness.

Oh, you can! But life is much easier in places with public transport than it is here. I'm really limited for employment (when the time comes). When I lived near Dublin, I didnt know myself! People moan about Dublin Bus, etc, but I had more freedom than I ever had. Any spare day I was on the bus, train, tram or all three. Sometimes I was just exploring.

Driving is unworkable for me, would love to drive again but licence is lapsed, don't need to for work and the expense completely rules it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Doggie Yoga.

553893.jpeg

^^ Ah wow how happy looking is Mutt??

• Advertisement

Driving. I started to learn when I was 17 but didn't take to it so was about 23 when I gave it another go. I was a very very nervous driver and truly felt like I'd never get it. To this day there are things I do badly. Like I can never park on the kerb outside our house without also going on to the grass, parking straight between two white line is a challenge and I'm rubbish at reversing in to a spot. The nerves are completely gone though which is probably a bad thing.

It's never too late though. If I learnt anyone can :)

Tell you something though i'd feckin hate traffic, already stomp at imaginary pedals on the bus :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭thomil

Nope, proud (Leap)card carrying member of the no-car club here as well :D

Tried getting a license back in Germany in 2006, but it didn't work out. Frustration tolerance was too low. Stuck to public transport, walking, or cycling ever since.

Tableside, just finished a mug of hot chocolate to go with the "lovely" weather outside. Can someone please extend the weekend by five days?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

No public transport anywhere near me so had no choice in learning to drive if I ever wanted to go anywhere but I love driving and always have :) I was a complete girl racer :D

Now preparing myself for the week ahead :)

Mutt looks so happy and content :)

Oh i loved driving, was on the road a lot up until i left home

• Advertisement

Couchside, browsing carzone. :D

Same Auto/Grem: I LOVE LOVE LOVE driving, always did. Was driving my father's automatic in my early teens (semi-sanctioned), my mother's manual by my late teens (definitely unsanctioned) and got my own car at 21, waaaaaay before I could afford it. Have had at lot of cars I couldn't afford since just cos I loved them... Bit of a heavy foot back in the day, caught a few tickets here and there and got a few stern talkings to from various concerned friends, members of law enforcement :o
    For me cars have always represented freedom and independence and hanging with friends and listening to music and in the US the ability to just go anywhere and see anything (cheap gas culture...).

Now I have trusty oldie, old but with pedigree as they say :pac: But with more freedom to move again might be finally worth considering an upgrade at some point this year.

Anyway, I feel a rewatching of Bullitt or Ronin coming up fast :)

Might go find some rallycross videos to remind me of my 'style' of driving from fado :pac:

Bullitt is some film :) I love Fast and Furious films as the cars in them are drool some :)

Morning all :) sunny morning here and the boss is walked and fed and now he rests his eyes while I go to work :D well for some :D

One way to get a photo of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :) sunny morning here and the boss is walked and fed and now he rests his eyes while I go to work :D well for some :D

Finally, we get a mug shot :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Doggie Yoga....

Is Mutt doing a Downward Dog position there ?

Officially unemployed.. yay me!

Commiserations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Is that a welcome or unwelcome development?

• Advertisement

Is that a welcome or unwelcome development?

Not unexpected shall we say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yikes, I hope something comes up soon! I'll leave you voodoo doll aside for a while.

Couchside, meh.

Monday monday...
    Nearly over , lovely evening , makes a change from the rain .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭thomil

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Tableside, just finished dinner. Today was "interesting", to say the least...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Deskside with apple pastries

Slides plate across to Grem ;)

Evening all :) Boss is very tired after his chicken dinner :)

Sorry to hear your news Shaka

Autosport wrote: »
    Slides plate across to Grem ;)

Evening all :) Boss is very tired after his chicken dinner :)

Sorry to hear your news Shaka

He morphed into a cat ? :eek:
    He didn't like all the walks Auto :p

Shaka , if you're content with what happened, then so be it , onwards and upwards !
    (Well, when you're fully mobile again!)

He morphed into a cat ? :eek:
    He didn't like all the walks Auto :p

Shaka , if you're content with what happened, then so be it , onwards and upwards !
    (Well, when you're fully mobile again!)

Are you able to post a picture of the cactus? :)

Are you able to post a picture of the cactus? :)

I will tomorrow when the flowers are open PM !

• Advertisement

I will tomorrow when the flowers are open PM !

I don't think I've ever seen the flowers on a cactus before so that'll be nice :)
    I've seen an aloe vera in flower alright.

Advertisement