Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

blade1 wrote: »
    Here ya go dubstarr!
    Happy belated Mother's Day to you!

Screenshot-20200323-170902.jpg

Didn't get to see my own mother as she is in a home and had an awful day yesterday.
    She was vomiting all day.
    Was on the phone to her a couple of times and all she did was cry down the phone.
    Not good.
    My Th(ok, more than th to me) is that she's in great form today and when I told her I'll see her as soon as I can she said "do,it'd be nice to see you".
    I replied it'd be nice to see you too.
    She then goes (ala Bruce Forsyth) "Nice to see you,to see you nice" and start laughing.

Some relief to hear her back on form.

Edit: And I'm in the wrong thread once again :mad: :pac:

Thanks for the choc,it will go down a treat:D
    I know Mothers Day is so hard especially when you cant visit.
    My own mother died 20 years ago,so i would normally go to the grave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

The hairiness is beginning. I looked like captain caveman when I woke this morning. I think I can hear it growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

The veritable EXPLOSION of thirty something Covid 19 experts being interviewed on Radio who start every sentence with "SO".

Where did this risible affectation come from and what can we do to stop it. ?

It seems to affect 30 something medical professionals with a whiff of a Trinners education ...via South County Dublin Private Schools.

Where did it spring from....why do people do it.....could there be a vaccine ?

Really boils my p1ss.....so it does....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

The little plastic ring left on the neck of a plastic bottle of milk when you break the seal, They haunt me. I forget to put them in the bin because I am putting milk into my coffee then they fall on the floor and take on a life of their own. I have found them all over the house where they should not be. I went to Lanzarote last year and when I opened my bag to unpack, There was a milk ring perfectly placed on top of my clothes looking at me.....Ahh Lads ffs !:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

People who press the buzzer to cross the road when they don't need to. Seen so many people who don't bother to look before pressing it and just saunter on by, while you've to wait for the green man long after they've gone. It's selfish behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

People who press the buzzer to cross the road when they don't need to. Seen so many people who don't bother to look before pressing it and just saunter on by, while you've to wait for the green man long after they've gone. It's selfish behaviour.
    Teenagers do that a lot,little bastards. I was going to the 6th floor of Beaumont Hospital and 2 little cnuts got out at the first floor and before they got out they pressed floors 2,3 4.5 and ran out laughing. I needed another shave before I got to 6 !! Little ****s !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA'd it took me from 9pm last night until now to get up to date, so I can post this (stupid work).

TA'd that my mates missus has suddenly decided to watch the MCU films but is watching them in order of series. As in watched the 3 Iron Man films, then all the Avengers films (including Infinity War and End Game), and are now watching Thor... That's akin to taking a bite out of the 4 bars of a Kit-Kat. Just psychotic behaviour. And she's genuine OCD about most other things!

Might be slightly more than TA'd tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Trump doesn't like the numbers, wants America "back in business".... doesn't care who dies doing it.

Wtf ? wrote: »
    The little plastic ring left on the neck of a plastic bottle of milk when you break the seal, They haunt me. I forget to put them in the bin because I am putting milk into my coffee then they fall on the floor and take on a life of their own. I have found them all over the house where they should not be. I went to Lanzarote last year and when I opened my bag to unpack, There was a milk ring perfectly placed on top of my clothes looking at me.....Ahh Lads ffs !:confused:

***a little favour ?***;)
    please please please snip these little plastic rings before you bin them. They are lethal to birds, wildlife and fish if they get out into the environment (blown out of bins, picked up by birds from dumps, ending up in drains and washed out to sea and beaches). I have seen many pictures of dead birds especially, strangled by these rings. Snip snip snip. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

What the F is wrong with Hotmail.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd it took me from 9pm last night until now to get up to date, so I can post this (stupid work).

TA'd that my mates missus has suddenly decided to watch the MCU films but is watching them in order of series. As in watched the 3 Iron Man films, then all the Avengers films (including Infinity War and End Game), and are now watching Thor... That's akin to taking a bite out of the 4 bars of a Kit-Kat. Just psychotic behaviour. And she's genuine OCD about most other things!

that is outrageous. some of the films will make no sense whatsover. Plus there will be post-credit scenes that will spoil films they haven't watched yet but should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I know this is beyond TA but just read about Ryanair not flying for April and May. My parents are in lockdown in Spain and it looks like they will now miss the birth of their first grandchild due at the end of May. I know it is unreasonable, but I am so annoyed with them for not coming home when they had the chance. Now they are essentially sitting ducks while the situation gets a hundred times worse around them :mad::(

They could have come home when we decided to shut down all schools etc. here. At that point it would have been a measured risk though I would argue still in their favour. If they contracted it on the way, at least our healthcare system is not saturated and they would be treated. In Spain, who knows what will happen. The elderly are being abandoned in nursing homes. Plus they will have no family around to help them. What did they think was going to happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Irish media celebrities giving advice on the corona like they're experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

***a little favour ?***;)
    please please please snip these little plastic rings before you bin them. They are lethal to birds, wildlife and fish if they get out into the environment (blown out of bins, picked up by birds from dumps, ending up in drains and washed out to sea and beaches). I have seen many pictures of dead birds especially, strangled by these rings. Snip snip snip. Thanks :)

And flatten tin cans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What the F is wrong with Hotmail.....

Is it something to do with the Y2K virus ?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The person who, some years ago, thought it was a good idea to fit a toilet seat using silicone sealant instead of the actual fittings.
    It came loose so I decided to just replace the seat.
    Fcuk me but silicone sealant is difficult to get off porcelain!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Recently noticing how many people can't seem to be able to spell the word sense, I mean there's autocorrect on majority of devices!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Recently noticing how many people can't seem to be able to spell the word sense, I mean there's autocorrect on majority of devices!

Scents ? Cents ??....Ok I give up !

Antares35 wrote: »
    I know this is beyond TA but just read about Ryanair not flying for April and May. My parents are in lockdown in Spain and it looks like they will now miss the birth of their first grandchild due at the end of May. I know it is unreasonable, but I am so annoyed with them for not coming home when they had the chance. Now they are essentially sitting ducks while the situation gets a hundred times worse around them :mad::(

They could have come home when we decided to shut down all schools etc. here. At that point it would have been a measured risk though I would argue still in their favour. If they contracted it on the way, at least our healthcare system is not saturated and they would be treated. In Spain, who knows what will happen. The elderly are being abandoned in nursing homes. Plus they will have no family around to help them. What did they think was going to happen :(

You poor thing. It's tough being without family with a new baby and that's at the best of times. I moved recently to a place where I don't know anyone apart from my parents in law (who are wonderful, but over 65 and so in the vulnerable group), and my husband works in a hospital. I've a little guy here just under two weeks old, and from one day to the next I see my PIL (through the window, so they can see the baby), and my family via video calls, for which I'm grateful, they're a long, long way away from me. My husband is missing out on getting to know our newborn. And this is going to be my life for a long time yet.

The thing to focus on is that no one is sick, the bills are being paid, and you and the baby are safe. It's hard not to be resentful, it's certainly not how I thought we were going to start life as a family either, but there's still a lot to be grateful for. I hope your parents keep themselves safe while this thing rages around them, and best of luck with the baba. Take good care of your mental health when he/she arrives too, it's a vulnerable enough time without all the added anxiety and stress of the situation today.

TA at picking a really bad time to start a family! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

having to listen to people clearly eating while also talking on the phone. basic etiquette people, please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Candie wrote: »
    You poor thing. It's tough being without family with a new baby and that's at the best of times. I moved recently to a place where I don't know anyone apart from my parents in law (who are wonderful, but over 65 and so in the vulnerable group), and my husband works in a hospital. I've a little guy here just under two weeks old, and from one day to the next I see my PIL (through the window, so they can see the baby), and my family via video calls, for which I'm grateful, they're a long, long way away from me. My husband is missing out on getting to know our newborn. And this is going to be my life for a long time yet.

The thing to focus on is that no one is sick, the bills are being paid, and you and the baby are safe. It's hard not to be resentful, it's certainly not how I thought we were going to start life as a family either, but there's still a lot to be grateful for. I hope your parents keep themselves safe while this thing rages around them, and best of luck with the baba. Take good care of your mental health when he/she arrives too, it's a vulnerable enough time without all the added anxiety and stress of the situation today.

TA at picking a really bad time to start a family! :)

That sounds very tough :( I know, what a world to be bringing our babies into :D Even my mother said that jokingly when it all kicked off "trust you to have a child in the middle of a pandemic!" :pac:

I know we are lucky in lots of ways - OH and I can both work from home and our jobs are safe, so we have a little cocoon going on. I know that so many people are not so lucky, and I can't imagine having someone on the front line or having an income reduced to 200 pw trying to pay mortgages etc.

I hope that someday soon we can all go back to normal (or get used to a "new normal") and trivial fights and squabbles will seem unnecessary. The trivial annoyances shall prevail though! :D

Related TA the travel system arrived today. Usually "the DPD man" only brings pet food and treats, and the little face on my dog broke my heart when she realised there were no treats, only baby stuff. OH had to give her a ride up and down the hallway in the buggy to make up for it! :D:D TA spoilt diva dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

More of a major TA really.
    Yesterday evening Ihad to drive my daughter for a Covid test in a HSE test
    Centre. We did as requested in advance. I, obviously in the drivers seat, she in the rear of the car in the opposite side from me. Both of us masked and gloved.
    A car pulls up beside us ( plenty of parking spaces, so under the circumstances,
    Leaving a car width between us could only be a good thing. Two adults in the car with two small kids, maybe 3 and 5. No masks, no gloves.
    Upon arrival/check in you get supplied with a mask, which they did not put on straight away. When they were called, the Ma donned her mask which was kinda slung under her chin and she handed the mask to the child which was only
    Put in at the insistence of the guy on the door.
    When they came out, the immediately took off the masks, and got in the car with
    The other two unprotected people and drove off....
    It’s possible both the mother AND the child were to be tested....but why the
    Fcuk do you Bring the other two people along for the ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Randomly looking at the reviews for an army surplus shop on facebook and saw that one woman gave them one star because they had no child's waterproof trousers. Now I know an army surplus shop doesn't just sell army surplus, but can you really be surprised when an ARMY surplus shop doesn't have CHILD's waterproofs? Next she'll be giving out that there's no toy section. ****ing melt.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Related TA the travel system arrived today. Usually "the DPD man" only brings pet food and treats, and the little face on my dog broke my heart when she realised there were no treats, only baby stuff. OH had to give her a ride up and down the hallway in the buggy to make up for it! :D:D TA spoilt diva dog...

TA at misleading baby stuff!

Before the sky fell, I bought a stroller from a company called "Baby Jogger". It was described as an all terrain stroller for active lifestyles and I bought the top of the ranger Baby Jogger stroller, which was called, iirc, Baby Jogger GT. I was quite excited about this, picturing myself getting back into jogging asap because I have forked out for a BABY JOGGER stroller, so I can jog. With my baby.

The delivery van came and out it was dragged and just as I was about to shut the door on the driver, I noticed something written on the side. "Not Suitable For Jogging". Luckily I got it back on the van before he left!

TA at buggies called Baby Jogger, that are not suitable for jogging with your baby. :(

TA'd that I have NOOOOOOO idea what any of this ^ even means. My lack of pop culture is appalling! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Certainly trivial but over on the food thread a poster was looking for ideas for dinners.

I typed out a recipe for them.
    So did someone else.

Was there a thanks or an acknowledgement?
    Not a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Scents ? Cents ??....Ok I give up !

Sence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I have a thing where my throat gets irritated whenever I eat so I'm always coughing after meals. My husband 100% had me convinced that I had Covid-19 this morning after my breakfast cos I'm so fcuking wound up about everything. Been really emotional the last few days too and I've only just properly started the stay at home thing! This is gonna be a long 3 weeks (if it even ends after that!)

Certainly trivial but over on the food thread a poster was looking for ideas for dinners.

I typed out a recipe for them.
    So did someone else.

Was there a thanks or an acknowledgement?
    Not a bit.

and I was no entirely sure where to post this, it's messing with my simple mind, ...your ta turned into my th which then confused the ta outta me :D

also am sorry this happened to you, but people will benefit from your ideas regardless, so it's much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

When this crap blows over I am not washing my hands for a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement