Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Deja Boo wrote: »
    and I was no entirely sure where to post this, it's messing with my simple mind, ...your ta turned into my th which then confused the ta outta me :D

also am sorry this happened to you, but people will benefit from your ideas regardless, so it's much appreciated!

You've made everything alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Myself and the other half are now getting a little easily annoyed at each other over stupid things. We've been self isolating for about 5 days - haven't left the house. We're both nitpicking and nagging over meaningless shíte.

I think we're getting sick of seeing each other's face everyday lol

This virus is gonna break people if it hasn't already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

While I consider myself very lucky to be able to work from home, TA that my dog doesn't understand the concept. She is used to the idea that when I am here, I am more or less hers and indulge her with walks, attention etc. I'm trying to work and she is literally giving out to me. She has taken her blanket and bear and placed both under my desk and is now sitting giving me cow eyes - "I can't believe you're just staring at that screen and not taking me out" - I will never get her to 4pm. A walk before then is inevitable if I want any peace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    While I consider myself very lucky to be able to work from home, TA that my dog doesn't understand the concept. She is used to the idea that when I am here, I am more or less hers and indulge her with walks, attention etc. I'm trying to work and she is literally giving out to me. She has taken her blanket and bear and placed both under my desk and is now sitting giving me cow eyes - "I can't believe you're just staring at that screen and not taking me out" - I will never get her to 4pm. A walk before then is inevitable if I want any peace :D

In all fairness, that's a nice TA to have

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hyperexcitable boysib took in a parcel this am, assuming it was his.
    It isn't, and guess who has to arrange the courier to pick it up and figure out where it should be.

TA, how somehow all the personal responsibility is mine.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

In all fairness, that's a nice TA to have

I know, she's the little light of my life. I suppose the TA is more the guilt as her big brown eyes bore into me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bored people' tidying up', by hiding things I have left out, making me believe that I had forgotten to leave them out.

One of mine applied for a position in the HSE recruitment campaign, he is thrilled as its just the time scale he needs and has the kind of experience that would get him the job. The agency who are the first point of contact have emailed daily since he applied to say how busy they are and how many ppl have applied(all good), but each email makes him feel less and less like he will get any of the jobs. Surely one email is enough?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Trying to sort out last minutes bits and bobs for baby's arrival in a few weeks. Obviously most of this now has to be done online. Tackling the dreaded hospital bag this morning and decide to have a look at Boots online. All maternity pads are out of stock. FFS ladies, is there nothing you won't stockpile? Last thing I need to worry about now is a shortage of something like this! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

My wife leaves her wet towls on the bed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ultrflat wrote: »
    My wife leaves her wet towls on the bed :mad:

Turn it into a TH....you get to see your wife in the nip

• Advertisement

TA at "wash your hands" tagged on to everything now. Its seems to be on most posts I follow on FB. I'm into photography and was looking at some posts this morning. "A beautiful sunrise over blah blah..... wash your hands"!!!! I never listen to Joe Duffy but I'm off work self isolating at the moment and switched a few days ago to see what he was saying. EVERY single ad break was preceded by "we're going to an ad break, WASH YOUR HANDS"!

I think we have the message by now. (Ditto "stay safe")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I went for a quick walk with my daughter yesterday...stood in to let a lady pass... sunglasses... head scarf covering head and face...and she started motioning that my daughter and I should stand further apart...
    I have to admit....im losing my temper a lot more these days....So I shouted
    "we're father and daughter..we live in the same house, eat at the same table, sit on the same couch, shít in the same toilet...and in fact you're the danger to us as you're only 3 feet way, now fck.off"

So in the last 3 weeks ... I've had a stand off in the middle of a road with a traveller on his horse....I've slapped a traveller trying the covid challenge on me and I've threatened a woman in a home made hajib....

Now have tried to go back to Boots online and told I am in a virtual queue. Literally cannot access the website without queuing. Is this the online equivalent of the numpties who went panic shopping in store two weeks ago? :mad:

At this stage I am thinking to hell with the risk of exposure and the increased cost, I feel like just buying everything in my local pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

At this stage I am thinking to hell with the risk of exposure and the increased cost, I feel like just buying everything in my local pharmacy.

Pharmacies that I've seen are very good at implementing social distancing.
    Just keep your distance from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Now have tried to go back to Boots online and told I am in a virtual queue. Literally cannot access the website without queuing. Is this the online equivalent of the numpties who went panic shopping in store two weeks ago? :mad:

Have you joined the boots parenting club... You should if you haven't, you get lots of extra points on children's stuff.

I'm surprised at the virtual queue tbh, apart from hand sanitisers, that they've been out of stock for weeks on, I can't see anything else to generate a rush.

Try again during the night or early morning.

Have you joined the boots parenting club... You should if you haven't, you get lots of extra points on children's stuff.

I'm surprised at the virtual queue tbh, apart from hand sanitisers, that they've been out of stock for weeks on, I can't see anything else to generate a rush.

Try again during the night or early morning.

Yes it's amazing - double points basically :):)

I think there are probably just so many people accessing the site in general. Might set an alarm for 4am and do some shopping then. TA this pandemic is making us all do crazy things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Being refereed to in the social scene as "separated".

Your no longer with that person. Why the hell do they have to be given another name. Fvckin boils my piss.

Why can't people be single?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Home...not slowly but at an unmericiful fast pace I'm putting on weight..for ****s sake....piss off weight.

Because OH and I are working from home, we can "meet for lunch". Today we took the dog for a walk. It was so nice to get some fresh air. There wasn't anybody around and he held my hand like we used to when we started dating :)

Sorry wrong thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Myself and the other half are now getting a little easily annoyed at each other over stupid things. We've been self isolating for about 5 days - haven't left the house. We're both nitpicking and nagging over meaningless shíte.

I think we're getting sick of seeing each other's face everyday lol

This virus is gonna break people if it hasn't already

[IMG][/img]ijPrf3c.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Getting a packet of “cream crackers” that are broken right down the middle. Every. Single. One.

You think some are fine until you try butter them and then “snap!”. Incredibly irritating.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

gifted wrote: »
    Home...not slowly but at an unmericiful fast pace I'm putting on weight..for ****s sake....piss off weight.

Lock down and ice cream are not a good combination... ...Or too good a combination...

Randomly TA'd that the most common criticism of one of my favourite bands is that they're 'too mainstream'. What - too many people like them? Oh, no!...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

When the wife says she wants to go on a trial run.

FFS, it's trail...

P.S. She really means xc. She thinks anything off a tarmac or concrete path is a trial, er trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Be right back

People that go out and about in their pjs. Sheer laziness.

Spilling bleach on my new hoody, right down the front too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have an ongoing saga with a local company since February.
    Trying to find out the status of an order and if/when I can collect it.

This is why Amazon and the likes are always expanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This coughing challenge . I swear to God if any little **** does this to me I will kick him where it hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    This coughing challenge . I swear to God if any little **** does this to me I will kick him where it hurts

CMT did exactly that to me earlier.
    We were having a play fight-wrestle over the remote control and she kneed me in the you-know-whats. :eek:
    She said it was an accident but I have my suspicions. She did bring me tea and choccie biccies to say sorry however.

I have a cunning plan, I'll pretend I'm still hurting and obtain the remote through emotional blackmail.

Tonight, we will watch what I want for a change. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I swear half the cars on the road think Social Distancing is applying to them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Procrastination and wasting the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Procrastination and wasting the evening.

enjoy it, if possible... who knows how many more chances we shall get, to do just that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement