Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

walking back from the shops just now on the footpath. there is a grass verge to the left. There was somebody walking towards me walking on the side of the path closest to the grass. I walked onto the grass thinking they would move further away from the grass verge. Not a bit of it. I had to walk practically on the road to keep 6 feet away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The amount of shops that are leaving empty anti bac jell containers or anti back surface spray at their decom site!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

With all this hand washing, my hands are getting dried out .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

walking back from the shops just now on the footpath. there is a grass verge to the left. There was somebody walking towards me walking on the side of the path closest to the grass. I walked onto the grass thinking they would move further away from the grass verge. Not a bit of it. I had to walk practically on the road to keep 6 feet away from him.

This is doing my head in, but it did my head in before all this started.

When I'm out I've a pram and a preschooler, it's alot easier for one person to give us space than for me to get out of the way for one person. Yet on every walk it's us pretty much forced onto the road to give the distance. I try to be aware and pull in where there's big gaps and wait for the person to pass... Not that they put any effort in to walk abit faster..... Also I'm noticing the amount of people who cross the road at an angle to end up just in front of us and then walk past us, is rather puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

This is doing my head in, but it did my head in before all this started.

When I'm out I've a pram and a preschooler, it's alot easier for one person to give us space than for me to get out of the way for one person. Yet on every walk it's us pretty much forced onto the road to give the distance. I try to be aware and pull in where there's big gaps and wait for the person to pass... Not that they put any effort in to walk abit faster..... Also I'm noticing the amount of people who cross the road at an angle to end up just in front of us and then walk past us, is rather puzzling.

I have resorted to saying "I'm moving that way" and gesturing to the right or left when I see someone approaching. You get quizzical looks but generally people adhere to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The fact that there's less cars on the road makes some poo poo heads put the foot down, they think they are on their own private racetrack.
    The kids are off school, poo poo heads. SLOW DOWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The fact that there's less cars on the road makes some poo poo heads put the foot down, they think they are on their own private racetrack.
    The kids are off school, poo poo heads. SLOW DOWN!

Ah c'mon now. They should at least be referred to as c*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Switch on RTE to see the news...
    And the fuppin' angelus is on!!
    Would they not get rid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Switch on RTE to see the news...
    And the fuppin' angelus is on!!
    Would they not get rid!!

Do that and there will be roaring about poor old confused frightened vulnerable people not getting their fix of bells. Until that generation passes we are living in real life Fr Ted land.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've two both Facebook related.

First one a meme telling us to wash our hands after bringing in the bins... As the binmen touch lots of bins and could be transferring the virus... OK valid point, but would washing your hands after touching the bins not be normal procedure anyway??

Second one which I really hope is a pi$$take was a girl applying makeup over her face mask so it looked like she wasn't wearing a mask, kinda from a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I deal with huge amounts of copy for a living and this is possibly my biggest bugbear: there is a difference between "less" and "fewer". I really wish people would learn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I have resorted to saying "I'm moving that way" and gesturing to the right or left when I see someone approaching. You get quizzical looks but generally people adhere to it.

Hilarious. I love this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gossips are dangerous people atm. They have spent their whole lives leaning in close to people and delivering their salacious titbits sotto voce.
    I'm not going outside without a chair and a whip until this thing is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

How will that 2km rule be enforced? Are they going to rely on reports from individuals?

Antares35 wrote: »
    How will that 2km rule be enforced? Are they going to rely on reports from individuals?

Its very much self-policing but they will also act on reports of noncompliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Just back from the shop. I'm strictly minding the social distancing.
    Dirty looking humans getting way too close to me.
    Is it acceptable to pick someone up and launch them 2m away from me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No spontaneous easter egg buying now, cause of the lockdown.

I cant find walks online that are within 2k of where Im staying, even tho its a city.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So we can go for walks with our children but must retain a 2m distance from them?
    What about them living on top of us the rest of the day at home?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Its very much self-policing but they will also act on reports of noncompliance.

i.e. no policing.

Are guards going to be running around like Keystone Kops after joggers, cyclists and people walking a dog? What's the penalty, a stern talking to?

So we can go for walks with our children but must retain a 2m distance from them?
    What about them living on top of us the rest of the day at home?

No, the people you live with can be less than 2m from you but no one else.
    i.e. no policing.

Are guards going to be running around like Keystone Kops after joggers, cyclists and people walking a dog? What's the penalty, a stern talking to?

They don't have the resources hence the self policing. We have to hope the vast majority of the country has some cop on essentially. You can still exercise and walk the dog as long as you stay away from people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

About the 2k rule, we live in a little town, 9k from the town where we do our shopping. Lidl,Dunnes,Aldi, etc. Are we now forced to buy from our overpriced local shop? As much as we try to support them;milk, bread,papers etc, most of their goods are almost double the price.

And please, before anyone says social distancing, we've obeyed every single rule up to now, I even disinfect the front gate, letterbox and door handles for the postman (person).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

About the 2k rule, we live in a little town, 9k from the town where we do our shopping. Lidl,Dunnes,Aldi, etc. Are we now forced to buy from our overpriced local shop? As much as we try to support them;milk, bread,papers etc, most of their goods are almost double the price.

And please, before anyone says social distancing, we've obeyed every single rule up to now, I even disinfect the front gate, letterbox and door handles for the postman (person).

Use common sense. Of course in your circumstances you can drive to supermarkets. If you're out for exercise stay with 2km of home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Live at the Apollo is on RTÉ 2 now. Noel Fielding’s unfunniness is annoying me. He was never funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Live at the Apollo is on RTÉ 2 now. Noel Fielding’s unfunniness is annoying me. He was never funny.

Poor mans Russell Brand....being quirky/weird isnt something to build a comedy career on, doesnt last long till it wears thin...like that fella in the IT Crowd Ayode (is that his name), .....Fielding was one of the reasons of the decline of the Nevermind the Buzzcocks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bredabe wrote: »
    No spontaneous easter egg buying now, cause of the lockdown.

I cant find walks online that are within 2k of where Im staying, even tho its a city.

Leave your house.
    Walk for 25 minutes.
    Turn around.
    Walk home.

How can there not be walks?

"Panic mode" activated again by imbeciles. Realised that Weetibix was gone when preparing breakfast, walked over to nearby Lidl (within 2km for the pedants) to purchase two boxes & newspaper for good measure. This just after opening at 8.05, innocently thinking I might get ahead of posse. Instead I interrupted the stampede of the wildebeest on the Serengeti. Everyone twitchy and harried with urgency. Went to counter with three items, #9 in queue behind stacked large trolleys. "Do you I mind if go ahead with these few items?" "I do mind, sorrrreeeee..." You might lose one minute on your quest to immortality miss. To top off the slapstick, the checkout operator wasn't even sporting gloves. In any event it will probably take 2/3 days for this latest wave of idiocy to subside, staying rooted at home to avert further pathetic carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Seriously? It's well established that you can shop outside the 2km rule!!!!!!!!

Have you read anything about it or just jumped to this conclusion!!!!!

"Panic mode" activated again by imbeciles. Realised that Weetibix was gone when preparing breakfast, walked over to nearby Lidl (within 2km for the pedants) to purchase two boxes & newspaper for good measure. This just after opening at 8.05, innocently thinking I might get ahead of posse. Instead I interrupted the stampede of the wildebeest on the Serengeti. Everyone twitchy and harried with urgency. Went to counter with three items, #9 in queue behind stacked large trolleys. "Do you I mind if go ahead with these few items?" "I do mind, sorrrreeeee..." You might lose one minute on your quest to immortality miss. To top off the slapstick, the checkout operator wasn't even sporting gloves. In any event it will probably take 2/3 days for this latest wave of idiocy to subside, staying rooted at home to avert further pathetic carry on.

Pedants? clueless post, can go to a shop further than 2kms.

Seriously? It's well established that you can shop outside the 2km rule!!!!!!!!

Have you read anything about it or just jumped to this conclusion!!!!!

Agreed............so many people haven't either listened properly to Leo last night, or havent read the new rules! Already so much misinformation and misunderstanding.......God so many people jump straight to the wrong conclusions. Some of the stuff on other threads at the moment is unreal! Better not get your advice on Boards, just look up HSE.ie, Irish Indo/Irish Times or RTE.

In fact this is not even a LOCKDOWN! We can still exercise within 2km and we can still shop further than 2km. Lots of places still open.

• Advertisement

This thread has TA'd me big time, with posters who haven't a clue about the actual restrictions posting ****e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement