Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

It's cheap. and provides a lot of other good services in addition to football.

I'd agree with this. I accidentally signed up and only noticed when I saw a charge on my bank statement. Since then I've bought a bunch of stuff with no postage fees. Prime Video is pretty decent for World cinema, much better than Netflix in that regard.
    Disclaimers, if you choose to pay in Euro, they have their own exchange rate, which is worse than the official rate, so always choose to pay in UK Pounds. They must make millions every day for nothing. Also, the cúnts don't pay taxes.
    But, it's been decent for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Contact support on chat. I had the same at I also have a student account. Tell them you live in the UK but are not seeing the premier League football

Where on Amazon can I find chat link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

codie wrote: »
    Where on Amazon can I find chat link?

Google it

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Have the Premier League highlights disappeared from Prime? I can't appear to find them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

RonanC wrote:
    Have the Premier League highlights disappeared from Prime? I can't appear to find them anymore.

Seems to be hidden. I found the Liverpool-Leicester game in my watch list and it's still viewable. Try going that route.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

I've made necessary change to your account and I see that you are currently located in Ireland and you will be able to watch the premier league, If you fulfill the below requirements:

1. An active UK Billing Address updated in your account.

2. An active UK Payment card updated in your account.

If you update the UK Billing address and UK Payment cards in your account then, you will be able to stream the premier league.

This is the email that I got back from amazon. I have none of the above nos 1 or 2 conditions so how are you all getting this in Ireland?

AnneRyan wrote: »
    I've made necessary change to your account and I see that you are currently located in Ireland and you will be able to watch the premier league, If you fulfill the below requirements:

1. An active UK Billing Address updated in your account.

2. An active UK Payment card updated in your account.

If you update the UK Billing address and UK Payment cards in your account then, you will be able to stream the premier league.

This is the email that I got back from amazon. I have none of the above nos 1 or 2 conditions so how are you all getting this in Ireland?

It's been posted lots of times. Set your default address to parcel motel with a UK postcode and change your main payment method to a Revolut sterling card then contact their online chat and ask them to change you to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

You shouldn't even have to contact them.
    Change your address to UK.
    Change your payment method to UK.
    Go to amazon.co.uk/mycd, into preferences, and change region to UK.

That should do it.

Soarer wrote: »
    You shouldn't even have to contact them.
    Change your address to UK.
    Change your payment method to UK.
    Go to amazon.co.uk/mycd, into preferences, and change region to UK.

That should do it.

You shouldn't, but most on here have had to. Mine was set to UK, I have a UK student prime account but I still had to contact them to get it working. There's another toggle that support have access to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Amazon's rights for this season are now over as far as I'm aware so not sure why anyone still enquires about the football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Worth keeping the UK Prime video just for Seinfeld!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

here we go again - with the premier league coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

kooga wrote: »
    here we go again - with the premier league coming back

Amazon were fantastic at Christmas. i really enjoyed their coverage. Any details on what fixtures they will be airing?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,339 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Amazon were fantastic at Christmas. i really enjoyed their coverage. Any details on what fixtures they will be airing?

From what they purchased they only had the 2 games packages in December. Not sure if the new plan for every single game to be broadcast will include them or not to have some games, hopefully it does.

The sooner Ireland is out of the UK bundled deals the better so we can have the full choice of games including 3pm Saturday like they do everywhere outside the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Not sure if the new plan for every single game to be broadcast will include them or not to have some games, hopefully it does

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1266057851774140419?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

From what they purchased they only had the 2 games packages in December. Not sure if the new plan for every single game to be broadcast will include them or not to have some games, hopefully it does.
    Sky are showing 64 (including 25 on Pick)
    BT Sport are showing 20
    BBC are showing 4
    which should mean Amazon will have the remaining 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Sky are showing 64 (including 25 on Pick)
    BT Sport are showing 20
    BBC are showing 4
    which should mean Amazon will have the remaining 4

Pick is Free so even if you don't have a Sky Sports Sub , you will be able to watch the 25 matches for Free if you have a Sky dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I find it interesting the lack of info on what Amazon will be showing. Slight possibility they’ll have more games because they are a steaming service, like maybe also show a selection of SKY, BT & BBCs games?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Arealred

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pick is Free so even if you don't have a Sky Sports Sub , you will be able to watch the 25 matches for Free if you have a Sky dish.

Does anyone know if this applies to Now TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

With Prime can you get a mates login and watch it on your own device? I had it but cancelled as I wasnt getting much use out of it but would be handy for those few PL games

Also anyone know when they're announcing who has what game? Will be interesting to see what the BBC get landed with, probably some mid table dead rubber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

Both Sport passes are half price on Now Tv for the restart

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview

The Amazon games will be shown here on Premier Sports like earlier in the season.
    I imagine Premier will also have the BBC games here.

Re. Pick games, that channel is not on Now Tv but is on freesat so will not be geoblocked if you have a dish.

Sorry guys the matches will be on the terrestrial version of pick not on satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The sooner Ireland is out of the UK bundled deals the better so we can have the full choice of games including 3pm Saturday like they do everywhere outside the UK.

European provoders are limited to one 3pm game per week.

lertsnim wrote: »
    European provoders are limited to one 3pm game per week.

When you have an iptv sub with access to nbcsn and bein you forget all about European limits and restrictions ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sorry guys the matches will be on the terrestrial version of pick not on satellite

so with a uk sky card would i be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Muahahaha wrote: »
    With Prime can you get a mates login and watch it on your own device? I had it but cancelled as I wasnt getting much use out of it but would be handy for those few PL games

Also anyone know when they're announcing who has what game? Will be interesting to see what the BBC get landed with, probably some mid table dead rubber

It's about €7 for a month Jesus Christ

Seve OB wrote: »
    so with a uk sky card would i be ok?

No - to stop satellite overspill to Ireland it’s only going to be available to viewers in the uk to viewers with an aerial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

No - to stop satellite overspill to Ireland it’s only going to be available to viewers in the uk to viewers with an aerial

Ah SKY you bastards, why like? The effort of doing that, throw us a bone for Gods sake!

Just to note these 25 games will obviously be available to Sky Sports subscribers so I probably answered my own question :D
    ...to get more subscriptions in Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

According to the telegraph, the 4 games which Amazon are showing will all be free, you won’t need an active prime account. Also it now looks like Sky are indeed showing them on pick on satellite also

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/03/premier-league-fixtures-free-tv-watch-free-to-air-games-sky/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Nunu wrote: »
    Ah SKY you bastards, why like? The effort of doing that, throw us a bone for Gods sake!

Just to note these 25 games will obviously be available to Sky Sports subscribers so I probably answered my own question :D
    ...to get more subscriptions in Ireland.

The reason for many of the games going out for free is to stop crowds gathering at the stadiums, there's talk that a lot of Liverpool and relegation teams will be broadcast for free as a result

Advertisement