Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

If the premier league banner is there you have it. The banner doesn’t exist on Irish set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

For those having problems...

Step 1: Go into your account > your addresses, and add the Parcel Motel address as your default shipping address (even if you don't have one).

John Smith
    1A McKinney Road,
    Newtownabbey,
    Co. Antrim
    BT364PE

Step 2: Then go into your account > Payment options, and set your address to the same as above.

Step 3: Go to www.amazon.co.uk/mycd, click on preferences, click on Country/Region Settings, and change that to UK.

Step 4: Log out and in to be sure, and you should be set up.

I don't know if Steps 1 & 2 are required. That's the way mine is set up.
    Step 3 is where the magic happens, and this is what I think reps change when you ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Soarer wrote: »

Step 1: Go into your account > your addresses, and add the Parcel Motel address as your default shipping address (even if you don't have one).

John Smith
    1A McKinney Road,
    Newtownabbey,
    Co. Antrim
    BT364PE

Step 2: Then go into your account > Payment options, and set your address to the same as above.

Step 3: Go to www.amazon.co.uk/mycd, click on preferences, click on Country/Region Settings, and change that to UK.

Step 3 is where the magic happens, and this is what I think reps change when you ask them.

Good post I did the same steps this morning and it worked !

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Thanks so much, Amazon free with Eir and switched to UK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭celt262

SNNUS wrote: »
    Thanks so much, Amazon free with Eir and switched to UK :)

Did all that cant see any difference, is there a way to check?

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »

I think Vikings is on UK and not Ireland. So maybe check that.
    Also, the premier league banner is only on the UK one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

celt262 wrote: »

Look for the matches. They’re listed now but obviously not live yet

You should be able to watch the match promo preview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭micks_address

Look for the matches. They’re listed now but obviously not live yet

You should be able to watch the match promo preview

Ah think I sussed why I can't see them I get my prime video free via eir and when I checked the payment details says eir something etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

Ah think I sussed why I can't see them I get my prime video free via eir and when I checked the payment details says eir something etc..

Someone on here who got it through eir, contacted online chat and got the prime video set to the UK. Set your addresses and card up and contact them via chat. Tell them you live in NI but for some reason your account is set to ROI.

Try step 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

bromley52 wrote: »
    Someone on here who got it through eir, contacted online chat and got the prime video set to the UK. Set your addresses and card up and contact them via chat. Tell them you live in NI but for some reason your account is set to ROI.

I did,got 12 mths free prime as a eir customer and contacted amazon chat and got uk prime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

They kindly changed my region to UK and I can watch the 'How to Watch the Premier League on Prime Video' on https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Video

but not on primevideo.com or on my tv/phone app.

anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭GLCC

Hi All,

I have updated my address to a UK one but do you also need a UK payment option to get it to work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

GLCC wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have updated my address to a UK one but do you also need a UK payment option to get it to work ?

No need, just contact amazon chat and they'll switch you over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think Vikings is on UK and not Ireland. So maybe check that.
    Also, the premier league banner is only on the UK one I think.

I actually can see Vikings but I cannot see the Premier League at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I actually can see Vikings but I cannot see the Premier League at all.

Ok if you can search Seinfeld and watch it you are on the UK Amazon, if not it's the Ireland one.

SNNUS wrote: »
    Ok if you can search Seinfeld and watch it you are on the UK Amazon, if not it's the Ireland one.

I cant see Seinfeld.

I must be getting the worst rep luck. No one will get it over for me.

How do I get a UK Revoult card in Ireland? I mean I have a Revoult card already set up with 10 euro but not a UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

I cant see Seinfeld.

I must be getting the worst rep luck. No one will get it over for me.

How do I get a UK Revoult card in Ireland? I mean I have a Revoult card already set up with 10 euro but not a UK one.
    Your Revolut card is issued by a UK bank , that one is fine , or just create a virtual one on the app and use that .
    I told them that I moved from ROI to UK and gave them my Parcel Motel address and that was all fine . They switched me over .

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Your Revolut card is issued by a UK bank , that one is fine , or just create a virtual one on the app and use that .
    I told them that I moved from ROI to UK and gave them my Parcel Motel address and that was all fine . They switched me over .

I did the same. I have a Revolut card and Curve card. I selected my Curve card as my default card and selected an old address I used to live at in the UK as my main address and told them I was back living there and they switched me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Just sign up to Amazon with a throwaway email account, (yandex or mail.com) use your revolut as a payment card and use parcel motel ni as billing address. Set your location to United Kingdom (in the top left it should say 'deliver to United Kingdom' instead of ROI) and then sign up for months free prime trial. Cancel prime trial straight away so it doesn't auto renew.

Job done, no talking to Amazon reps about having to change location or any of that guff!

• Advertisement

Got it working. Revoult card did the trick.

Got it working. Revoult card did the trick.

So I can see senfield on app on my phone but not my tv

So I can see senfield on app on my phone but not my tv

Actually I couldn't see Seinfeld on the app on my phone.. I talked to customer service and they first said there was no option to change my region from Ireland to UK..then they talked to someone else and said they changed it but it take two hours to take effect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Actually I couldn't see Seinfeld on the app on my phone.. I talked to customer service and they first said there was no option to change my region from Ireland to UK..then they talked to someone else and said they changed it but it take two hours to take effect

So wait the two hours and see then...

JeffKenna wrote: »
    So wait the two hours and see then...

Still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Still no joy

Have you a VPN or DNS settings on the router( for iPlayer access etc)

That is what was causing my problems...the customer care team set the region but wasn't until I removed my DNS addresses that I could see access for games

LowOdour wrote: »
    Have you a VPN or DNS settings on the router( for iPlayer access etc)

That is what was causing my problems...the customer care team set the region but wasn't until I removed my DNS addresses that I could see access for games

Using Google DNS

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

So had another go with chat this morning and I got it changed. They put me in contact with someone from the video department who done it straight away. No questions asked. I have premier sports but won't be at home so happy days. This is an area I'm not familiar with but if I had a smart TV or firedtick could you play this on your TV. I assume a good internet required.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

So had another go with chat this morning and I got it changed. They put me in contact with someone from the video department who done it straight away. No questions asked. I have premier sports but won't be at home so happy days. This is an area I'm not familiar with but if I had a smart TV or firedtick could you play this on your TV. I assume a good internet required.

U can log in on any device that has the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

John Smith
    1A McKinney Road,
    Newtownabbey,
    Co. Antrim
    BT364PE

Made all these changes. I can now see the banner in my prime account when I access it through google on my IPAD, however when I try to play some programmes it still says content not available in your region.
    On the app on my IPad even after signing in/out I cannot see the epl banner- see still to be amazon prime Ireland.
    Are these the issues that should be resolved in 2 hours?

Advertisement