Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

showpony1 wrote: »
    the picture was crystal clear but there was kind of a framerate/lagging issue

I believe this is because the games are filmed in 50 frames per second and perhaps are watching in 1080 at 60Hz or 2160 at 60Hz which leads to motion judder. I was watching on an Nvidia Shield at 1080p60 and it was horrible. I switched the Shield to 1080p50 and it was perfect.

The issue with TV apps is that they may not have a facility for switching frame rate.

A lot of people don't notice this judder but if you do it ruins the viewing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

they wont do it for me without a payment card from a uk bank.
    4 chats later!

I can view on my pc and phone but not on firestick!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Man you got to LOVE boards, got mine changed over chat , they waited online till I updated my address to UK !

Prime is somewhat of a decent addition now.

Ridiculous its restricted for Ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

irishchris wrote: »
    Yep both the city game and the Liverpool game we both in 4k. Arsenal game tomorrow too. Looks superb. The United game in 1080p with hdr looked good too

Spotted the United game wasn't in 4k. know the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

dubmick wrote: »
    Spotted the United game wasn't in 4k. know the reason?

One a day would be my guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Got it working on my PS4 there too, just had to de-register my old account and sign in with my dummy UK account. Far less laggy than my first gen firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

I got my prime switched to uk,told them I was in uk etc and the told me my device is streaming from Ireland.do I need a vpn ?

below is what the live chat said

Shana: You see we are able to update your country of residence for you, but the device you are streaming from picks up it is in Ireland, so I am not sure how long this will work for you if it does work for you. 19:39:21
    Shana: Because you have an ROE Prime Video Subscription you are limited. In order for this to work, you will need to sign up for Prime on the UK website BUT if you are currently based in Ireland, the Device you stream from has a IP that will pick up it is in Ireland. 19:40:38

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

This is what I got. Do I need a VPN?

Tatiana Gabriela | Customer Service
    What happens is the following: The market place of your account is United Kingdom, your region settings is United Kingdom; however, the system is gonna recognize the place were you at right now because of the signal location and there's actually no way for us to manipulate the system so that it can identify something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Success. :)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

simons104 wrote: »
    This is what I got. Do I need a VPN?

Tatiana Gabriela | Customer Service
    What happens is the following: The market place of your account is United Kingdom, your region settings is United Kingdom; however, the system is gonna recognize the place were you at right now because of the signal location and there's actually no way for us to manipulate the system so that it can identify something different.

meaning ? the will switch it off uk prime ?.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    meaning ? the will switch it off uk prime ?.

They said they switched my region to the UK but because I'm in Ireland the system will recognise that

simons104 wrote: »
    They said they switched my region to the UK but because I'm in Ireland the system will recognise that

yes said the same to me,so are the other lads on here using a vpn ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

No vpn here and I’m in cork watching away

kooga wrote: »
    No vpn here and I’m in cork watching away

im watching away here to,but the know my device is streming from Ireland.so I think in the not to distant future the will turn off the uk location on my prime account.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

I reported their geo blocking of the PL games to the advertising standards authority of Ireland. If the PL is geo blocked then they should geo block the ads as well.

Doubt it will achieve anything but shabby practice by amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

blobbie wrote: »
    I reported their geo blocking of the PL games to the advertising standards authority of Ireland. If the PL is geo blocked then they should geo block the ads as well.

Doubt it will achieve anything but shabby practice by amazon

They don't have the rights to the PL in Ireland, Premier Sports do. If they didn't geo block then they would be in legal trouble with Premier Sports. They also haven't been advertising PL matches in any media outlet in Ireland. Solution is to either set up a dummy UK account with a free prime trial and watch matches for free, or subscribe to Premier Sports.

Just started working for me. Must take some time to update once the region has been changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

This wont work if ur using a VPN they ask to turn it off

Just going back to Subscription for Football, im watching it on Prime Video but they haven sent or asked me about a 30 day trial or i was eveb been charged for this ?

im using the free 12 mths offer as a eir customer there offering 12 mths free amazon prime for new and current customers.so just contacted amazon uk to get my prime on the uk set up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The feed was three minutes behind live last night for the merseyside derby. Well on the prime tv app on my panasonic it was anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The first person on the Amazon chat wouldn't change it for me; he kept saying that it wasn't technically possible. But the second person I was chatting to changed it immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I got the fire stick 4k along with the half price prime for 3 months during the black friday sale.
    Prime videos would not work on the fire stick,but were working fine on my lg tv with the Amazon prime app installed.Was using the same log in details on both devices..

Got onto chat and the first guy I connected with changed the location of the fire stick to the UK.
    I had my address pal details inserted into the Amazon website prior to contacting them.

Rebooted the fire stick and everything was available.

NB: I had the location of the LG tv set to UK with a London postcode from install as I only use the Freesat channels on it.
    Don't know if this was the reason it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

Had their support call me. Told them I traveled between UK and Irl. Had UK address set as default in my UK Amazon account before calling them. Took the guy a couple of mins and all sorted. Have it working on 2 firesticks, Sony TV and phone...Can't wait for Stephens Day. Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grinder23

Is everyone who is successful in getting it changed using some virtual bank card or anything I've been trying all night and keep him getting struck down because my billing address on the card is ROI up to that point they have no problem changing it but at the end say they can't unless I have a UK billing address

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

The first person on the Amazon chat wouldn't change it for me; he kept saying that it wasn't technically possible. But the second person I was chatting to changed it immediately!
    Exactly the same for me. First Amazoner was no, can't be done all the way, and sent me an email to say why. Second Amazoner, only too glad to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

grinder23 wrote: »
    Is everyone who is successful in getting it changed using some virtual bank card or anything I've been trying all night and keep him getting struck down because my billing address on the card is ROI up to that point they have no problem changing it but at the end say they can't unless I have a UK billing address
    I changed nothing , have my Irish card only on Amazon and all irish addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

They don't have the rights to the PL in Ireland, Premier Sports do. If they didn't geo block then they would be in legal trouble with Premier Sports. They also haven't been advertising PL matches in any media outlet in Ireland. Solution is to either set up a dummy UK account with a free prime trial and watch matches for free, or subscribe to Premier Sports.

They advertise it on their website without stating that it is geo restricted. When I login I still see it advertised but am unable to access as geo restricted.

They should not be advertising a service they know they cannot provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

grinder23 wrote: »

Exactly the same for me. I set up a new account and went through the same chats and no go for that reason.
    Am progressing it on original account now and had tech support call me who remoted onto my firestick. Spent 20 mins trying to get it to work and has raised a ticket for the issue. I have to call them later Today to follow up as it was nearly midnight at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

No Premier League on my Amazon Prime app on my TV last night. I went on chat and told them I was in The UK and about one minute later I was watching the Arsenal v Brighton match and after the result I decided to uninstall it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Am progressing it on original account now and had tech support call me who remoted onto my firestick..

They can remote onto the firestick? How does that work?

Advertisement