Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Pique wrote: »
    Wtf are you people doing?

I opened the prime video page on Wednesday evening at halftime for the Liverpool game and couldn't see the PL games. I opened a chat asking to be allowed. A rep answered and within 5 mins had me sorted. I've since ordered from amazon to my Irish address no problems and the prime PL is still showing.

Irish bank card registered, no revolut. No cocking about with addresses. No vpn active.

These stories about "this is how you get PL on prime in Ireland" are bollocks.

Bit of a rant eh!!
    Get a nice cup of coffee into you, 2 sugars and a biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Darby_321

Does anybody know why my amazon 4k fire stick isnt playing in 4K. I didnt realise some of the matches were being shown in 4k as i didnt notice mine on 4k. Have since went into some tv shows and movies on prime video that should be playing in 4k but when i play them i am getting HD down in the bottom left and i believe it should be showing UHD. I am getting around 200mbps so speed is not the issue.

Anyone have any problems like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Wtf are you people doing?

I opened the prime video page on Wednesday evening at halftime for the Liverpool game and couldn't see the PL games. I opened a chat asking to be allowed. A rep answered and within 5 mins had me sorted. I've since ordered from amazon to my Irish address no problems and the prime PL is still showing.

Irish bank card registered, no revolut. No cocking about with addresses. No vpn active.

These stories about "this is how you get PL on prime in Ireland" are bollocks.

Buddy, you clearly have no experience in working in Customer service then! Depending on who you speak to in Amazon, the answer is different.

I have changed over roughly 7 devices in my workplace for my colleagues and on all 7 occasions Amazon dealt with it differently. In some instances, I ended that chat and went again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Does anybody know why my amazon 4k fire stick isnt playing in 4K. I didnt realise some of the matches were being shown in 4k as i didnt notice mine on 4k. Have since went into some tv shows and movies on prime video that should be playing in 4k but when i play them i am getting HD down in the bottom left and i believe it should be showing UHD. I am getting around 200mbps so speed is not the issue.

Anyone have any problems like this?

Give it a minute and it will change. I start an UHD programme and it starts in a low resolution and eventually figures itself out and then when I fast forward something it takes a few seconds to catch up with the resolution.

My UHD shows start as HD, then go to 1080p and then to UHD where possible. Another TV of mine, non 4K but with a 4K firestick shows it as 1080p HDR instead of UHD but again takes a few seconds to kick into the highest available.

Otherwise check the auto resolution settings in the Firestick settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

flexcon wrote:
    Buddy, you clearly have no experience in working in Customer service then! Depending on who you speak to in Amazon, the answer is different.

That's exactly my point. There is no silver bullet so the posts on "This is what you need to do" are pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

That's exactly my point. There is no silver bullet so the posts on "This is what you need to do" are pointless.

I'd settle for inefficient rather than pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Darby_321

Berty wrote: »
    Give it a minute and it will change. I start an UHD programme and it starts in a low resolution and eventually figures itself out and then when I fast forward something it takes a few seconds to catch up with the resolution.

My UHD shows start as HD, then go to 1080p and then to UHD where possible. Another TV of mine, non 4K but with a 4K firestick shows it as 1080p HDR instead of UHD but again takes a few seconds to kick into the highest available.

Otherwise check the auto resolution settings in the Firestick settings.

Ok yes i do see it going from HD to 1080p HDR alright. i must just leave it so for a bit and see will it switch to UHD.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Dec4 wrote: »
    Got Prime Video working but when I reset my address to RoI and added back my Irish CC details I lost UK Prime Video!
    Ah well, Amazon CS again...

Why would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Soarer wrote: »
    Why would you do that?

Some people but stuff from Amazon. Like an online shop and get those things delivered to their house

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

It will be a nuisance if you have to contact Amazon CS every time you switch back account details to RoI

Well then, don't switch back. Why would you even need to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

kenyard wrote: »
    Some people but stuff from Amazon. Like an online shop and get those things delivered to their house

You can add additional cards and addresses, you don't just have to have one of each...

kenyard wrote: »

You can do both.

I have 5 addresses registered.
    Parcel Motel (registered address)
    AddressPal
    Sister in Edinburgh
    My work address
    My home address.

Can choose which address I want to use at any stage.

Maybe you should try it, instead of trying to be a smartarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

blastman wrote: »
    Well then, don't switch back. Why would you even need to?

Well, you just might want to purchase something with your Irish registered CC for example...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I switched my Prime Video region to the UK one handily enough. I changed my address to an old address I used to live at in the UK and have my curve card selected as my main card. Amazon CS chaged my region to the UK straight away.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    you dont need to switch anything back, i have had uk Prime for 2 years and buy from amazon no problem, you can have multiple addresses and payment details on file

I have multiple details on my Amazon account...4x UK addresses and 1x Irish address and 3x Payment options incl a UK addressed Revolut virtual card. Perhaps it was because I changed the default payment from UK to Irish card?
    I made the point just so that others are aware...

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Aware of what ? You don’t need to contact customer care to switch back and forth when you buy something lol

Aware that if you switch back your payment to an Irish CC you may lose your UK Prime Video, as I did. Clear enough...?

Aware that if you switch back your payment to an Irish CC you may lose your UK Prime Video, as I did. Clear enough...?

Again, why would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hello,

I am trying to sort this issue. I have AddressPal address but on my Revolut account there is no Billing address, it says Home Address only.

Any idea where could I find this Billing address on Revolut app please?
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    My billing address on my Revolut card is ROI in the app and it works fine, the billing address tied to your card in the 1 click settings on Amazon itself is the one you need to check.

I posted this in one of the other amazon BA threads:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Ok yes i do see it going from HD to 1080p HDR alright. i must just leave it so for a bit and see will it switch to UHD.

Thanks for your help.

Just to also note that shows are seperated with HD and 4k versions. So, you may search for Viking for example and start playing, but the version you are watching only shows 1080p max. But you actually need to search for Vikings UHD, or 4K or something, can't remember exactly. It's really dumb, I don't know why its done that way. Also for the football some games just weren't shown in UHD. In the last batch just the Liverpool game and the City game were 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

At the 4th attempt i finally got a rep to change my Prime Video region to the UK one. To me it looks like nothing has changed, how do i know if Prime Video is actually set to UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

jake1970 wrote: »
    At the 4th attempt i finally got a rep to change my Prime Video region to the UK one. To me it looks like nothing has changed, how do i know if Prime Video is actually set to UK?

On the prime TV home page, Click on thr Premier League banner. If youre set up , the matches that will be available to you will show up and you will be able to add them to your watch list.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

scotchy wrote: »
    On the prime TV home page, Click on thr Premier League banner. If youre set up , the matches that will be available to you will show up and you will be able to add them to your watch list.

The matches are not available to me, it looks like i will have to try again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Open a UK Amazon account.
    Link a UK card (Revolut will work)
    Go onto Amazon chat and ask them to make sire your PRIME VIDEO region is set to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

jake1970 wrote: »

You’ll see the previous round of matches from 1st week of December under recently ended

If you have the previous matches, you’re good

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys, are you watching this on a firestick ? Plus are you using a VPN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

whiz wrote: »

No VPN. Once they switch your account to UK then it doesn't matter what device you watch it on. Have watched it on my One Plus phone and also on my LG TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

whiz wrote: »

Im using a firestick, No VPN.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Jofspring wrote: »
    No VPN. Once they switch your account to UK then it doesn't matter what device you watch it on. Have watched it on my One Plus phone and also on my LG TV.

Thanks

Where in the Prime Video app, can you see if you got access to football games ?

Any responses appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Just phone up. All done and dusted
    Cheers

Advertisement