Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No Premier League on my Amazon Prime app on my TV last night. I went on chat and told them I was in The UK and about one minute later I was watching the Arsenal v Brighton match and after the result I decided to uninstall it.

Does the screen change to show the games on the landing page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

grinder23 wrote: »
    Is everyone who is successful in getting it changed using some virtual bank card or anything I've been trying all night and keep him getting struck down because my billing address on the card is ROI up to that point they have no problem changing it but at the end say they can't unless I have a UK billing address

I used a Revolut card and they never questioned it . Not sure if they would have access to the billing address on the card.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My billing address on my Revolut card is ROI in the app and it works fine, the billing address tied to your card in the 1 click settings on Amazon itself is the one you need to check.

I posted this in one of the other amazon BA threads:
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    All you need:
    • your account region set to UK
    • your home & 1-click address set to your parcel motel one
    • your 1-click credit card set to Revolut with billing address as parcel motel.

You will also need to get on to amazon to switch the region to UK at their end too.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Does the screen change to show the games on the landing page?

It changes the interface and all upcoming games and shows are visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I changed my main address to AddressPal address but not my credit card.
    Got on there online chat, said I couldn't access Prime Video content( never mentioned football) Was asked where was I resident. I said UK. Where was I right now. I said UK. He changed settings on both my fire sticks and told me to reboot. Watching the match 60 seconds later. I thanked the nice man and he told me enjoy the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

torrevieja wrote: »
    This wont work if ur using a VPN they ask to turn it off

Just going back to Subscription for Football, im watching it on Prime Video but they haven sent or asked me about a 30 day trial or i was eveb been charged for this ?

This did it for me - I use a VPN which sets my location to UK for BBC iplayer.
    Disabled it and now the footy works on prime!"
    Cheers
    :rolleyes:

My billing address on my Revolut card is ROI in the app and it works fine, the billing address tied to your card in the 1 click settings on Amazon itself is the one you need to check.

My 1 click setting were never enabled ( still ain't ) and they switched it over without issue. I just needed to put in a UK address and that was enough.

Maybe it depends on who you get in Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

blobbie wrote: »
    They advertise it on their website without stating that it is geo restricted. When I login I still see it advertised but am unable to access as geo restricted.

They should not be advertising a service they know they cannot provide.

Yes, but the website is Amazon.co.uk. They don't have an Irish site and aren't falsely advertising it being available to Irish customers. Of course they are going to advertise it on Amazon.uk site as majority of customers are UK based and able to access the service with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

That worked! Thank you! Amended all the details as suggested and Amazon changed my region via the customer services chat.

That worked! Thank you! Amended all the details as suggested and Amazon changed my region via the customer services chat.

Make sure to give Sai 5 stars :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

For anyone that has it working without a VPN, does your Prime Video location still show up as Ireland?
    The support guy said he migrated my account to UK but Prime Video still says Ireland... is there a way to verify whether the football will work or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

For anyone that has it working without a VPN, does your Prime Video location still show up as Ireland?
    The support guy said he migrated my account to UK but Prime Video still says Ireland... is there a way to verify whether the football will work or not?

the changed mine to uk last nite and told me I was streaming from Ireland.but I could still watch the footy :) I say there not bothered cause the more subscribers the have the better for them and the could give sky a bang for there buck when the new premier lge tv deal comes up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

hey lads a quick question,as a eir customer I took out there offer of 12 mths free amazon prime last night and then got amazon to change region to uk.my question is am I still covered by eir for the 12 mths free amazon prime ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bassy wrote: »
    hey lads a quick question,as a eir customer I took out there offer of 12 mths free amazon prime last night and then got amazon to change region to uk.my question is am I still covered by eir for the 12 mths free amazon prime ?.

i doubt eir are checking. considering its an account change on amazon end.

bassy wrote: »

I'm through eir , makes no difference . Account is still showing as paid via eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stupid question but where do you find the Amazon chat function?

I'm changed address to PM hopefully that will be enough when I call

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

noodler wrote: »

I used the Customer Service/Contact Us section on the Amazon App.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

noodler wrote: »

I couldnt find it either, Google Amazon chat:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Yes, but the website is Amazon.co.uk. They don't have an Irish site and aren't falsely advertising it being available to Irish customers. Of course they are going to advertise it on Amazon.uk site as majority of customers are UK based and able to access the service with no issue.

Site name / location is irrelevant. They are advertising a service in Ireland that they know they cannot provide. If they can geo block the service then they should geo block the advertising of same service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

Site name / location is irrelevant. They are advertising a service in Ireland that they know they cannot provide. If they can geo block the service then they should geo block the advertising of same service.

Where have you seen them advertise watching Premier League games in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just had a chat there, 5 mins acc changed and was watching the Liverpool v Everton replay.. brilliant. Checked on TV app and phone app so chuffed with that

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

Also got sorted. Asked me my location and delivery address. Asked me to switch my payment method to UK card, I'm on revolut so I just said yeah I have. He stayed on line while I de registered. All working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They didn't advertise it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Have tried Amazon Chat a few times, but all CS reps insist that I have a registered UK payment card and UK billing address.
    Any easy way to do this (I don't have a Revolut account).
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Dec4 wrote: »
    Have tried Amazon Chat a few times, but all CS reps insist that I have a registered UK payment card and UK billing address.
    TIA

Sign up for revolut, you get a digital card immediately and you get a few quid for signing up too. Referral codes thread has loads of codes or pm if you need one

Edit set your address to parcel motel in the UK

duffman13 wrote: »
    Sign up for revolut, you get a digital card immediately and you get a few quid for signing up too. Referral codes thread has loads of codes or pm if you need one

Edit set your address to parcel motel in the UK

Sorted, with Revolut!

Got Prime Video working but when I reset my address to RoI and added back my Irish CC details I lost UK Prime Video!
    Ah well, Amazon CS again...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭in2dark

TIA

You need to speak with a prime video representative when you chat with amazon. Only they can sort you out.

Had the same issue and they sorted me no questions asked

Got Prime Video working but when I reset my address to RoI and added back my Irish CC details I lost UK Prime Video!
    Ah well, Amazon CS again...

It will be a nuisance if you have to contact Amazon CS every time you switch back account details to RoI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Wtf are you people doing?

I opened the prime video page on Wednesday evening at halftime for the Liverpool game and couldn't see the PL games. I opened a chat asking to be allowed. A rep answered and within 5 mins had me sorted. I've since ordered from amazon to my Irish address no problems and the prime PL is still showing.

Irish bank card registered, no revolut. No cocking about with addresses. No vpn active.

These stories about "this is how you get PL on prime in Ireland" are bollocks.

Advertisement