Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Working away and in cruise mode from now to 5pm. Am imagining all sorts of food and beverage combinations that will tickle my fancy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That cuckoo is going hell for leather.
    Going to take my willow shopping basket out for a resupply at the village shop.Somehow nicer than a plastic bag-for-life.

Might also lay my worktable outside with a tablecloth and have lunch out here. Although it won't be remotely fancy as the shop only sells basics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In the garden listening to Dominique by Mary Eunice on Spotify.
    Feel like I’m gearing up to murder someone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Few errands done, home and pondering now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, waiting for my painkillers to kick in, I have a headache. Listening to the radio too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Half hour and then I'm free as a bird huzzah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Garden side, bank holiday half day!

25c in the shade but 27c, 40 minutes ago while I walked in open sunlight. Actually had to pace myself a bit in order toadjust. I think it was hotter than 27c but no idea how accurate the phone is.

For a second I wondered if I'm cut out for hotter summers abroad but I suppose you allow yourself to adjust, and it was my fourth walk today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting in the sun, thinking about if I want wine but I don’t think I do. Would love a pedicure though. Looking at my toes thinking nah, decrepit monstrosities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭thomil

Feel like I’m gearing up to murder someone.

Are you taking requests? *Pulls out list* ;)

Home Offie deskside, just turned off the work laptop for the weekend. Best feeling in the world!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Outside. Bbq is fired up. Dog on lap. Other animals doing their own thing. I forgot to take the clothes in off the line. They'll probably stink of smoke now. Aw well . I'm not bothered moving! Pellegrino ginger beer with lots of ice and a slice of lemon. :):):)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting in my living room with the patio doors wide open and chilling after another busy day of work.

I was a bit annoyed earlier that a torrent of work emails this afternoon right after lunch (students looking for assignment extensions on an already extended deadline and admin things that cropped up to deal with) was going to put the kybosh on plans to get out into the park later to chill in the sun, but given the great weather forecast for the bank holiday weekend, there’s always tomorrow and Sunday to do outdoor stuff.

So here, on boards, listening to The Rolling Stones on the iPad and trying to de-stress.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone! :cool::cool::)

Did someone say bbq!? Slurp!!! :D

514673.jpeg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did someone say bbq!? Slurp!!! :D

Don't forget to offer some BBQ to the cats as well or they'll feel left out the poor dears 😤

😸😸

Deskside rubbing my belly after dinner , happy sephers !

I put the new coffee beans I'll be having tomorrow into a zip lock bag and into the fridge and when I was putting the shoppi g away for ma I made a hole in the bag with nail and precious beans went everywhere 😭🙀 I salvaged most of them but it was a massacre 😓.

Eh might be time to trim the nails Seph!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eh might be time to trim the nails Seph!

Ahhh there not that long yet are they? 🤔

8a59fff12e636f6d84eef7f70916eb54.jpg

:pac: 😸😅

Admiring my son playing on the floor and thinking he's the most adorable, handsome, beautiful, playful boy of all time. *proud face* :D

Ahhh there not that long yet are they? 🀔

:pac: 😸😅

Vom!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Party at my place. Be there or be square.

Did someone say bbq!? Slurp!!!

Keep up the photographing BB. You're very good with the camera.

• Advertisement

Keep up the photographing BB. You're very good with the camera.

Waaahh thank you so much! That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! I'd love to be good at photography. Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side! :D:D

Waaahh thank you so much! That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! I'd love to be good at photography. Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side! :D:D

Jesus :D:D:D my tea shot across the lawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

my headache passed I'm glad to say :D

Still couchside, tidying up my desktop on my laptop which is a mess

Waaahh thank you so much! That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! I'd love to be good at photography. Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side!

Be it crooked or not you've definitely a good eye for it. :D

You definitely have a gift and an eye for it BB.

Inthe old workshop by my house. It has an old-house, familiar smell and I feel suddenly attached to it and all the strange old things that have been abandoned in it.

It also has a creaky roof and when its windy it feels like being in a ship at sea. Its windy now although sunny and hottoo.

Anyone feel like pooling resources and buying a ship between us, by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Evening wherers. Funny day today. Spent most if it a bed. I keep 'coming over all funny', which is the most accurate description I can give. And I'm sleeping a lot. I can't tell if this is something physical or if this is a mental health wobble or if the heat is getting to me.

@Buile: I like the idea of your own unique view of the world incorporated into your photography. Like Toulouse Lautrec's diminutive stature was reflected in the unusual angles of his scenes that gave a more revealing image of his subjects' characters. Your wonkey horizons might reveal a hidden truth in the world. One hundred years from now art historians might be declaring the authtincenty of a photographic piece based on the slanty horizon. "After careful consideration, I'm convinced this is an original Buile. The way the horizon slants out of view at one side perfectly captures the sense of uncertainty experienced during the Covid pandemic..."

Thanks Sardi! That's after giving me such a good laugh. So basically what you're saying is "just own it!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That face BB 🥰🥰

I’m couchside but might head outside for another while to enjoy the evening sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Lesson 1: The Dutch Angle. ;)

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    Lesson 1: The Dutch Angle. ;)

Just googled that and Omg it has a name!! :D Next time a certain smart arse tells me he could skii down my horizon I'll say "it's called a dutch angle you uncultured swine!!" :D

Thanks Kowloon! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement