Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

deceit wrote: »
    I've only started playing this on pc last night. I'm really enjoying it.

Would anyone be interested in helping showing me the ropes in the game to get up to speed in it?

If we happen to be playing at the same time I'll help ya out with some of the basics. Add me as a friend username: mrdaylight . If I'm on it'll be during the evening time (1800~)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

@Ropedrink
    I'm not defending the game, just genuinely curious what you think you're missing by sticking to the same equipment (and in turn not moving up the MR ranks)? It's absolutely fine to do that since you don't care (as much) about the access to new equipment that higher MR brings - all other benefits are minor and no playable content is gated behind MR, you can do every single thing in the game at MR1 if you had the build and skills to. I still play Rhino a lot after just hitting about 1000hrs, I unlocked him I think in the first 20 hours or so of play. I stuck with a similarly early Latron Prime (it was great in it's day) for a big chunk of that too so I'm not arguing with your points at all, or wish to stay with kit you like. Again I just can't see why you think that blocks you from anything else in game, or has done anything you need to reset to change (absolutely nothing in this game is irreversible build wise, a clean slate is a click away unless you really do want to kill your inventory) - Anyway I won't say any more on it.

@Deceit my Steam name is Ahriakin and ingame is RS-Creed, feel free to add me but I tend to play in spurts so that might only be a few times a week.

Fortuna 2 is live, time to go step on some (rather huge) bugs.
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1044890-fortuna-the-profit-taker-update-242/

The biggest bugs are the coding bugs. The new boss is an absolute nightmare. I had to alt-f4 twice because I got frozen in the war room (after unskippable cutscenes). Quit twice because of no fish spawning. Eventually fighting the thing is a complete mess like the original Law of Retribution raids were. Other new content is decent though but I'd wait for the 5 gorillian hotfixes they're going to have over the next few weeks before trying the spider again.

What yesterday really meant for me - Mesa Prime.
    The Queen is dead...long live The Queen Prime :).

I'll try the new mission content in a few days when they've had a chance to knock out some more bugs (the issue kind, not the big stompy kind).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Whats the flavour of the month regarding defence missions? Wanna build levels and focus primarily. Also test out a few builds.

Would also like to chase mesa prime. The normal variant mesa is my second highest forma'd frame after exclaibur and i just love the frame,could do with more CC but whatever. Although it was total cheese,sitting on the boxes in draco killing everything in seconds anywhere on the map was just amazing.

So ive to chase relics i guess,any recomendations for a few spots where i could farm the relics? Hoping the above defence could help but variety is nice

Over the last few weeks been slowly getting back into the game,an hour here and an hour there. Ive managed to finish all the quests excpet the latest one with the hoverboards.

Also been levelling umbra,just about to hit level 30 on the first forma. One more forma and ill be happy enough with him for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

EoinHef wrote: »
    Whats the flavour of the month regarding defence missions? Wanna build levels and focus primarily. Also test out a few builds.

Would also like to chase mesa prime. The normal variant mesa is my second highest forma'd frame after exclaibur and i just love the frame,could do with more CC but whatever. Although it was total cheese,sitting on the boxes in draco killing everything in seconds anywhere on the map was just amazing.

So ive to chase relics i guess,any recomendations for a few spots where i could farm the relics? Hoping the above defence could help but variety is nice

Over the last few weeks been slowly getting back into the game,an hour here and an hour there. Ive managed to finish all the quests excpet the latest one with the hoverboards.

Also been levelling umbra,just about to hit level 30 on the first forma. One more forma and ill be happy enough with him for the moment.

Check the codex to see what relics Mesa Prime parts drops from and then look into bounties on Plains or Fortuna when tend to offer them as rewards. Personally, when I'm really trying to farm prime parts, I just jump into random relic runs and hope for the best :) At the worst you will get Baro fodder and relic juice to boost the drop chances of any relics you want to open.

PSA - Acolytes returning this weekend .

If you're not aware they are Stalker-likes that drop some VERY useful mods (Bladed Rounds, Argon Scope, Maiming Strike etc.) and appear very rarely and disappear after a few days. The event itself is not bad, simple additions to existing missions.
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Acolyte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Do many or any of ye play this regularly on PS?

I threaten myself most weeks to start playing it again but I rarely play it anymore.

New update out on consoles with an event aswell.

Top reward is an opticor vandal

• Advertisement

Tennocon is on today. Watch 30 minutes of a Warframe Twitch partner to get free loot. Watch the live devsteam around 11 or 12 our time for a Free Nekros Prime.
    Use the below codes for more free loot. Might be best to enter them via the in-game market as the website is getting nuked at the moment :)

SIMARISDUCATS promo code for 500 free ducats

SIMARISDISPLAY for a free Simaris Display

SIMARISCREDITS is a 3 day credit booster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Venom wrote: »
    Tennocon is on today. Watch 30 minutes of a Warframe Twitch partner to get free loot. Watch the live devsteam around 11 or 12 our time for a Free Nekros Prime.
    Use the below codes for more free loot. Might be best to enter them via the in-game market as the website is getting nuked at the moment :)

SIMARISDUCATS promo code for 500 free ducats

SIMARISDISPLAY for a free Simaris Display

SIMARISCREDITS is a 3 day credit booster

I watched the first hour last night from 11 so hopefully it was between 11 and 12. Seems to be getting some great content coming too

I really like that they took a step back and this year didn't just add 'bright and shiney'. Their focus on integration between modes was absolutely perfect imho, critical in the long game but a potential loss in the immediate, very brave. In my own profession I always see the same conflict, where new=better on the surface but often leads to fragmentation instead of optimisation, the architects who can see and have the clout to push back and say there has to be time to integrate what you have are heroes imho. So yeah this year did not have the wow factor of last but to me was better for it. Squad link is an excellent idea and extensible in that they can now have missions beyond the 4 member squad that take a minimal amount of resources to implement. They can ultimately do the same for massive space battles, engaging fleets in the New War where the global results are more than a spreadsheet but where tasks are assigned per multi-fireteam leading to a much larger win. It's Genius - 'A simple solution to a complex problem' .
    Back playing again, 500 hours per return or 250 per year seems to be it for me but a lot of the folks I'm meeting online are similar so if nothing else...what a game, when 6yrs plus later is not only innovating in a customer friendly manner but is constantly pulling oldies back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I realised I'd been spending too much money on this game in order to take the inconveniences out of it. I realised this was designed into the game to make me part with my cash, so I stopped playing.

Might go back sometime, but I will have to put some constraints into my behaviour.

I spent a few bob when i was playing it as well. Main problem was i cant let frames and weapons go after getting mastery of them.

I dont feel like i was ripped off though,i played something like 1200hrs of the game over the years and ive spent about €150 in that time.

Ive spent more on the destiny franchise over a similar amount of time and never once bought a micro transaction in those games. Just the expansions are not cheap.

I spent €33 total and I think similar hours or more to EoinHef. I don't really need to buy anymore because I've got the trading down to where I'll always be able to get enough for slots n' basic things like that. €33 was from discounted purchases, 1Kp @ 50% for €22 and then another 1Kp @ 75% discount for €11. I was able to jumpstart thanks to a vet giving me 100p when I was just chatting with him and he said I was cool and deserved a few starting slots. I regularly dish out gifts for my clan members now.

It is designed to want to make you pour lots and lots of money because whales do pay their rent but I think as long as you're smart about it you shouldn't need to spend more than you do on most other games tbh and if you enjoy the game and are spending a lot of time on it then it's really not a bad idea.
    EoinHef wrote: »
    IMain problem was i cant let frames and weapons go after getting mastery of them.
    Outside of absolute trash weapons it's generally a bad idea to be throwing away gear anyway. If you want to get in any way versatile and capable of tackling any late game content it pays to have a large arsenal to fine tune against whatever they throw at you with updates and events.

Think i spent €50 on PC,for 2k plat which i still have but havent played on PC in about 3 years. Bout €100 on console.

The fact trading is in game is great,the fact you have to do it by talking directly to buyers who often low ball,give sob stories etc is bull **** though. Put me right off it. I probably have a few 1000 worth of plat in my inventory with all the prime parts i have. Full frames,weapons and companions but i cant be arsed wasting hours in a chat window trying to sell them.

Better would be i could just offer the item via a marketplace at a set price,i would do that. But id say a lot players wouldnt want that as with the current system they can prey on people who dont know the value of what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I think i have 99% of the primes, a lot of weapons and all the good mods, but then I've spent at least 300 bucks on it. I don't like letting stuff go, and I also don't like trading.

I use warframe.market if I'm actually in the mood of selling or need something specific. I only use in-game trading as something to check on between missions in case there's a good opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Watched the recent Tenno con on twitch and didn't get my frame despite having my account linked to twitch for the last year. Gutted I missed out on that

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Watched the recent Tenno con on twitch and didn't get my frame despite having my account linked to twitch for the last year. Gutted I missed out on that

Contact support and they should be able to help, they've mentioned that the scripts they use can take up to a week which means there is no way it is a consecutive 100% automated run, leaves plenty of room for it bugging out and missing some users along the way. I was lucky and got Nekros-Prime the next day.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

The Twitch to Warframe Account linking has always been very hit or miss for some reason.

They did say at the end that it might take up to a week or more to get through all the players that were due to get the award

The latest event can be glitched by setting your matching to solo and pausing. The timer will still go to 0 and you can win with 0 points. That sleek coding at it again. You can farm the pearls for now with this. Hopefully they haven't hotfixed it by the time anyone's reading this. You can literally just alt tab while you earn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Who's built a Railjack? I'm farming credits in The Index to complete the second section of mine at the moment.

I did manage to build one quick enough all things considered. I ran the index a few times afterwards when I was dangerously close to going broke. Running out of credits halts everything. RJ has questionable RNG component drops but overall it's really fun. Definitely need to have a team on mics if you want to run anything difficult, interesting or have fun. I ran with a mic'd squad a few times and had a total blast of it. Only problem for me is that it crashed A LOT. It frustrated me so much that I'm actually on another break from WF altogether. Anytime I hop on I just do the daily stuff and trade for more plat than I know what to do with. :pac:

So tell me where do the kool kids hang these days?

Just looking for a mission theres usually a few farming,join randoms and what not.

Start playing this again on PC,a lowly MR5(MR18 on PS4).

Been building weapons and frames the last week,gonna get a XP booster and level the lot of them. Not havin the MR for prime weapons/frames sux:(

Edit: Seems lots of things have been put behind a MR wall with the current version of the game. Like the orthos prime is MR12 requirement,wtf warframe. Silly stuff imo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just hit MR 17 on PC and I've been trying to grind out the necessary resources to complete a Railjack of my own. I got a 7 day credits and resources booster a few days ago (daily login reward I think) and I went all in on it :D Spent a chunk of Platinum I had on warframe.market trying to finish off Prime weapons and a Saryn Prime frame that's about 40 hours away from completion in my forge. I also built and have started levelling a Banshee which I thought I'd done before and there's been a lot of looking through codex and market blueprints for things I've not built/mastered already.

The Railjack stuff is a nice change from the "core" gameplay and it finally feels like Arch-wing has something worth levelling it up for. I've got 2 more parts to acquire for it and each one of them costs a million credits + a big stack of resources - some of which you'll find easiest to get from doing Railjack missions with other people.

I also discovered last week that there's an app for your phone that'll let you do things like deploy your extractors and build things in the foundry etc. It's been really handy for maximizing the extractor drones in particular. I also spent at least 4 hours trying to get a Nova Systems blueprint drop from the Raptor assassination missions on Europa to no avail, but it did at least let me build up all the necessary finds to finish my Railjack. I'll probably give it another go this evening as doing the mission is a piece of piss - I have an Arca Plasmor that 1-shots the Raptor :D

• Advertisement

So i saw you can claim 9 day affinty and credit boosters if you have twitch prime,i have prime video which i discovered also gives you twitch prime,linked the accounts so ill be able to claim the boosters,save using plat for them. Its in the market console on the orbiter if anyone else is interested.

Just looking at navigation this morning,i have a lot to do,trying to get all the planets unlocked. Making progress but its takin a fair bit of time. I need to relearn the spy missions aswell,some of the vaults im remembering but some ive totally forgot others:(

Credits and endo are the biggest blockers to how i want to proceed. Still only have the broken version of some mods.

I wish they would implement cross save,be very handy to have my PS4 loadouts on PC. Im enjoying the game again anyway

Advertisement