Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there a ps4 clan/dojo on the go? Not that I know much about it but apparently there are benefits to being in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

PSA

2x Cred Weekend (I know most of the folks on this threadwill know this but a little local community action doesn't hurt).
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1006039-all-platform-double-credit-weekend/

Edit:
    Seeing the queries above about groups and clans with little response. I'm sorry but I play on PC only, that said if you do aswell feel free to ping/friend me, RS-Creed ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

A market booster stacks on the weekend booster by the way. 40p for a 3-day booster for X4 credits is worth it if you're going to run a lot of INDEX missions (and know how to do them properly). You could stack up all the credits you need for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Any xbox clans on this? need a few local loads just like the destiny days :D

Just got to Lv 8 MR and still feels like a different language ye are speaking!

PSA:
    Melee Riven - Gift of the lotus, up for 23 more hours.

• Advertisement

PSA part ducks:
    Gift of the Purple Hologram : Pistol Riven - 22 hours left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Warframe's Fortuna expansion is due to drop this week on PC.

https://www.warframe.com/fortuna/info

New open world zone
    New weapons
    New mods
    New crafting
    New warframe
    New pets
    New operator gear
    New grinding!

All for the great price of absolutely nothing :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great! I haven't been playing it for a while, but this new open world area will definitely drag me back in. I'd best get Red Dead Redemption finished...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Absolutely loved warframe until i got to the point where the endgame was just fashion.
    If only they made a meaningful endgame id be allover it again.

Fashion Frame *IS* the end game :D :P

The open world area on Earth is pretty cool, this one looks like an even more fun addition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I know but its not for me, i enjoyed my journey to that point immensely however.

Fortuna is now live :D

Venom wrote: »
    Fortuna is now live :D

Damnit i hate how the client sometimes goes pure background (i.e. closes the UI) when it's doing larger updates. I just have to trust task-manager that it's still running. 4GB I think before it disappeared.

Dcully wrote: »
    Absolutely loved warframe until i got to the point where the endgame was just fashion.

Pffft, you're just jealous of my glorious Angel of Death Harrow sexiness.

63C10BA9D3EF961962B99EC7D21EA183B65B9A15

Twitch drops until the 15th from any Warframe stream
    https://www.warframe.com/news/limited-time-twitch-drops-1

The planet is gorgeous and I'm actually having the occasional FPS drop as a result of the extra detail, never happens on any other content but I can see where it's being used at least. K-Boarding is decent fun but with unlimited Arch-wing it's a little redundant I think, something you will use just to experience it rather than really being useful. Combat does feel more dynamic with the troop-drops and reinforcement points, and the enemies have more mobility options during the fights, all good.
    Just stopping now after trying a Bounty and having it bug out, time to log off an let the patch-nerds do their thing. Overall though it's been impressive and (relatively) crash/bug free for the initial phase of such an ambitious release.

I'm gonna give it a go at lunch to see what it looks like. Left it downloading last night and then did the hard disk clean up thing it asks for after big patches which tends to take 3 times longer than the downloads :D

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Twitch drops until the 15th from any Warframe stream
    https://www.warframe.com/news/limited-time-twitch-drops-1

The planet is gorgeous and I'm actually having the occasional FPS drop as a result of the extra detail, never happens on any other content but I can see where it's being used at least. K-Boarding is decent fun but with unlimited Arch-wing it's a little redundant I think, something you will use just to experience it rather than really being useful. Combat does feel more dynamic with the troop-drops and reinforcement points, and the enemies have more mobility options during the fights, all good.
    Just stopping now after trying a Bounty and having it bug out, time to log off an let the patch-nerds do their thing. Overall though it's been impressive and (relatively) crash/bug free for the initial phase of such an ambitious release.

Regarding the Twitch drops, if you don't see "Drops enabled" in green under the video, you won't get anything. Lot's of people complaining on the official forums and Reddit.

I thought the same about the K-drive but it really is damn fun and I've been using it way more then my Archwing.

Venom wrote: »
    Regarding the Twitch drops, if you don't see "Drops enabled" in green under the video, you won't get anything. Lot's of people complaining on the official forums and Reddit.

I thought the same about the K-drive but it really is damn fun and I've been using it way more then my Archwing.

Yeah it's fun, but that's the draw, getting around is just easier in an Arch Wing (and also fun/exhilerating). I'm glad it's in there as an option.

So I'm not an audience gamer, I never got the attraction to watching others play when I could be. I've tuned into Tactical Potato and iFlynn on Youtube for information not entertainment (though both are very entertaining). With the twitch rewards I've had them on pretty much since release, just running in the background most of the time. One thing that has hit me is how inclusive their WF circle is, Potato and iFlynn regularly reference and forward folks to each other and now after hours have hosted another WF guy who is constantly throwing them respect.
    Refreshing.

Forget Wikanda - Flooooooof forever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Have they allowed you to switch stance on the hover board? Left foot forward is just plain wrong. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have they allowed you to switch stance on the hover board? Left foot forward is just plain wrong. :pac:

Erm...no.

Andrew76 - Minutiae be they name....respect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Erm...no.

Andrew76 - Minutiae be they name....respect.

:)

When I saw the dev steam showing off the expansion I thought it all looked great. Except the bloody hover board stance. Probably an OCD thing. :D

I'm guessing it'll probably be next year before it hits xbox.

That's Regular stance, if you want Goofy, go to Disney :P

Was watching loads of Tactical Potato to get my drops and to have a laugh. He was up over the 30,000 viewers at one stage which must make him one of the biggest Irish streamers out there. He was doing runs with Frozenballs and DimitriV2 and the lad takes some amount of abuse over his accent :) How else are you supposed to pronounce floof? :P

PSA:
    Gift of the Blue Lady - Melee Riven, 23 hours left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

get yourself a rank 0 excal, skana, lato etc, and sell everything else - effectively a soft reset

I don't necessarily agree Ropey, I've always seen the chance to use new frames and weapons to level up your Mastery Rank as an option to play in a new way. There are Frames I'd never have bothered trying if that system hadn't encouraged me to but that I enjoyed immensely. Same with weapons (although I will admit that the grind feels very real when you're using a weapon you don't like). But it's not an unfair point in that you can only earn MR via playing new frames and weapons which does seem a little flawed, but I don't see it as a punishment. The open world areas are a great place for just bumming around with a new frame and gear and picking up XP without even really thinking about it.

MR doesn't gate you from any playable content though, the only thing it blocks you from is higher tier equipment. Which if you don't want to move from your fave gear anyway shouldn't bother you (not a criticism we all have our favourites that suit our style best). And there is nothing you can do during your previous playtime that blocks anything going forward, any build is simply down to how you have used your reusable mods, not like a traditional RPG where some decisions are written in stone so there's no need to start a new character unless you want to wipe away accumulated wealth/mods/equipment for a challenge.
    If you want to fast track MR get as much equipment together as you can, get an affinity booster and play defense pubs for a few hours. With the masses of shared affinity you will speed level anything you have equipped, easily getting full kit from 0-30 in 20 mins or so. Do that until you've gone up a few MRs and then just play normally (unless there is a specific piece of kit you are targetting a higher MR for) and it will just increase as you go. If you still don't try new equipment enough to have your MR ticking along just rinse/repeat.

I agree with Shiminay in that MR helps force me out of my comfort zone, sometimes disappointingly but always adding some variety. If not I'd still be maining Rhino with my Soma and have become bored ****less again months ago. I took a break when Zephyr was released until about 5 months back so half the frame stable was new to me and I've been incredibly impressed with just how much better they have gotten at frame design, well worth investing the time in farming and mastering. Yeah it's daunting to restart but that's only if you think you need to be at your previous veteran level quickly, take your time and enjoy all the things they've added without worrying about trying to be top-tier right away.

Gift of the Lotus - Pistol Riven, 23 hrs left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    I want to get something Warframe-related for a present.

How do you buy Plat for a PC player?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I want to get something Warframe-related for a present.

How do you buy Plat for a PC player?

I'm not sure on PC if it's like on console. If you buy the platinum through the steam store on pc then you could get them a steam voucher.

Gamestop sells them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I've only started playing this on pc last night. I'm really enjoying it.

Would anyone be interested in helping showing me the ropes in the game to get up to speed in it?

Advertisement