Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Junior89 is right about the assessment centre. When I applied the rule was If you attend the mainland assessment centre and fail. Then you'll have to wait 6 months before applying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Literally says on the PSNI website that they couldn't give a monkeys if you apply to a GB force

Read other on this page,

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/faqs

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I wonder with people getting calls yesterday and today with start dates, will we being getting emails with a/c dates in the next week or so. Congrats to all who got their start dates, I'm sure it is very exciting times and good luck at GV

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    I wonder with people getting calls yesterday and today with start dates, will we being getting emails with a/c dates in the next week or so. Congrats to all who got their start dates, I'm sure it is very exciting times and good luck at GV

Thanks, got the call yesterday at long last. My ML range had been starting around Feb/March lol.

I’ll be withdrawing from 2002 now that I have a firm offer from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vhue30gnyzfj4b

W221 wrote: »
    Thanks, got the call yesterday at long last. My ML range had been starting around Feb/March lol.

That’s amazing! Congrats and good luck, I’m sure you’re over the moon!

• Advertisement

Congrats, I hope you have a bottle of champagne ready to crack open. Hopefully 2020 campaign starts moving again, just want to get the A/C down and behind me now and hope I pass. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Has the policy for tattoos changed recently within the PSNI? just wondering as there is some conflicting information out on the internet. Seen a document that tattoos visible even in short shirt order can lead to rejection. Can anybody here shed some light that’s been to GV help? I have a visible one on my inner forearm that’s quite big. Just worried and looking some answers. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Has the policy for tattoos changed recently within the PSNI? just wondering as there is some conflicting information out on the internet. Seen a document that tattoos visible even in short shirt order can lead to rejection. Can anybody here shed some light that’s been to GV help? I have a visible one on my inner forearm that’s quite big. Just worried and looking some answers. Thanks.

I have a full sleeve down as far as my wrist bone and my vetting passed no problem. I think we might just have to wear long-sleeve shirts at all times when on duty.

SMS19 wrote: »
    I have a full sleeve down as far as my wrist bone and my vetting passed no problem. I think we might just have to wear long-sleeve shirts at all times when on duty.

Thanks SMS19. It’s great to hear from someone who is in the same position.

I think that document is from a few years ago, I read it too during my panic about tattoos lol. I’ve two sleeves and I’ve been told by a lot of people they’re fine as long as it’s not offensive etc. I think it’s changed the last few years with short sleeve shirt order, was told you just have to wear long sleeves while on duty but some seargants don’t mind if you have them on view

• Advertisement

I think that document is from a few years ago, I read it too during my panic about tattoos lol. I’ve two sleeves and I’ve been told by a lot of people they’re fine as long as it’s not offensive etc. I think it’s changed the last few years with short sleeve shirt order, was told you just have to wear long sleeves while on duty but some seargants don’t care if you have them on view

Thanks for replying. Yea it’s more like a blind panic but I know a lot of people are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cat8609

Seen a police officer yesterday in short sleeves, she had tattoo on back of arm fully visible . .

Taken from the latest campaign guidance

So unless you have UDA or IRA up your arm I think you’ll all be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Got an email today to say my education upload had been accepted but more importantly to everyone they have said there is no further update in regards to the AC.

That's a bit of good news for you anyway. Hotels due to open in july again so hopefully we get some news this month with regards dates for A/C. Not going to lie, will probably $#@t myself when it comes in 😂😂 all this waiting and then boom, here is your date lol I havent really thought about it or done any prep for it either. Hopefully we get a but of notice beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

What is the PSNI policy on facial hair? I have a goatee which is quite long. Just wondering if I'll need to shave it before the AC or not.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Andimaul wrote: »
    What is the PSNI policy on facial hair? I have a goatee which is quite long. Just wondering if I'll need to shave it before the AC or not.

Thanks in advance.

PSNI policy is that you are either clean shaven or have a beard, no stubble. That is for serving officers though so you will be fine, there are no police at AC anyway as it is run by Deloitte.

Thanks in advance.

You have to dye it green and have two purple stripes at the sides

And no, you don’t need to do anything with it for AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robbie200490

For anyone who hasn't seen yet, the PSNI updated their recruitment page informing candidates that AC will be going ahead in the summer. No dates confirmed yet but at least it's an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

For anyone who hasn't seen yet, the PSNI updated their recruitment page informing candidates that AC will be going ahead in the summer. No dates confirmed yet but at least it's an update.

I seen that looks like the ball is starting to roll slowly! I seen on the 2018 thread there is talk of the PCA time increasing haven't heard any official news though.

• Advertisement

penutzimes wrote: »
    I seen that looks like the ball is starting to roll slowly! I seen on the 2018 thread there is talk of the PCA time increasing haven't heard any official news though.

It’s true, the new PCA time is 4 minutes exactly. They have allowed some weird stuff to happen for the 1810ers that failed though. Go have a look.....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

It’s true, the new PCA time is 4 minutes exactly. They have allowed some weird stuff to happen for the 1810ers that failed though. Go have a look.....

The time to pass the PCA during selection is 4mins 30 seconds but your final pca during your training in GV must be 4 mins

Tashbash wrote: »
    The time to pass the PCA during selection is 4mins 30 seconds but your final pca during your training in GV must be 4 mins

It is, yes. I should have clarified that part too.

Do you guys think we will get notification in the next week or 2 regarding dates for a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Was just reading that myself. Hopefully we will start getting dates soon!!!

Do you guys think we will get notification in the next week or 2 regarding dates for a/c?

I would imagine so

I would imagine so

Well that’s me out of the campaign, in the reply they sent me they said there would be emails coming out shortly and that I might still receive some until they update the systems that I’ve withdrawn. Hopefully all of you get some progression emails soon!!

Well that’s me out of the campaign, in the reply they sent me they said there would be emails coming out shortly and that I might still receive some until they update the systems that I’ve withdrawn. Hopefully all of you get some progression emails soon!!

Sounds good hopfully won't be long

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed we get something on friday regarding a/c. Thanks for update and good luck when you start training.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Thanks for the info

I see 2 female officers that recently graduated from the college have fired their weapons while off duty at a house party in south belfast, they were arrested and charged for a number of firearms offences. Surely if you are off duty it would be an offence to even carry while under the influence of alcohol never mind shooting tin cans or whatever at a party? Lol

I see 2 female officers that recently graduated from the college have fired their weapons while off duty at a house party in south belfast, they were arrested and charged for a number of firearms offences. Surely if you are off duty it would be an offence to even carry while under the influence of alcohol never mind shooting tin cans or whatever at a party? Lol

I was literally just saying this to my partner, absolutely wild

Very silly girls, the article didn't say whether or not they had been sacked as a consequence of their actions. 2 Male officers failed to supply hair samples for a random drugs test and were let off the hook as they had shaved all hair from their bodies beforehand lol. It's a gentle reminder to us all applying that theres always a close eye on you whether on or off duty. I dont understand these behaviours after making all the effort to get in and then potentially ruin a great career for drugs or misuse of firearm.

Very reckless don't know what part of that they thought was a good idea!! It's sure one way to start and possible finish your career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Wouldn't trust everything that you read on BBC, from what I hear that new article is not completely accurate.

SMS19 wrote: »
    Wouldn't trust everything that you read on BBC, from what I hear that new article is not completely accurate.

It was since changed to two males lol

What's the chances emails will be out tomorrow for AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

I would say emails are likely to be out.

I just received an email from the Northern Ireland prison service inviting me to an interview via video link. They will be in contact in the next few weeks to arrange.

How’s everyone feeling ? Have yous been doing much in preparation for it ?

• Advertisement

Hoping to receive something tomorrow lol fingers crossed. Junior I personally havent been doing much in respect of preparation. I've been snowed under with work and working from home, all been a bit manic. Hopefully tomorrow we get dates and then I'll knuckle down and get the prep work done.

Hoping to receive something tomorrow lol fingers crossed. Junior I personally havent been doing much in respect of preparation. I've been snowed under with work and working from home, all been a bit manic. Hopefully tomorrow we get dates and then I'll knuckle down and get the prep work done.

That’s probably a blessing! I haven’t worked since the start of lockdown so I’ve over thought everything good or bad lol. Looking forward to a date tho, exciting times as well as nerve wrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

How’s everyone feeling ? Have yous been doing much in preparation for it ?

I've filled a notebook with notes on how to do role plays etc however I'm not sure how much it will help. It does no harm to be prepared.

Hoping to get on one of the AC prep courses.

I've filled a notebook with notes on how to do role plays etc however I'm not sure how much it will help. It does no harm to be prepared.

Hoping to get on one of the AC prep courses.

I’m the same Andi, really looking forward to the course

I Haven't really prepared an awful lot tbh been very busy working but have tried to get my fitness up a bit but when the email comes no doubt it will give me a bit of a kick to get started preparing for the AC.

Still no emails yet

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Hi all, first time applicant and passed the IST now waiting for assessment centre update. Anyone any word on when there will be an update?

Nothing a yet, maybe going to have to wait a bit longer on an update unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Has anybody received any update on AC's yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Nope nothing as of yet..

I sent a message into their Q&A they had on Instagram the other week and got this reply.

“We plan to commence the assessment centre phase of the current recruitment campaign during the summer and we will be in touch directly with candidates as soon as possible to advise of dates and protective arrangements in place.
    Also, keep an eye on www.joinpsni.co.uk for the most up to date news and developments”

• Advertisement
Advertisement