Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Guys has anybody any tips on what training to be doing for the PCA? Just want to start trying to get into a good fitness/workout routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Guys has anybody any tips on what training to be doing for the PCA? Just want to start trying to get into a good fitness/workout routine.

Short sprints until fail and some upper body strength exercises

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Anyone who has completed psni managed stages will not receive any letter of appointment before june 2020 unless restrictions are lifted. Suppose it's only another few weeks. Imagine assessment centres will be the same for the rest of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Anyone who has completed psni managed stages will not receive any letter of appointment before june 2020 unless restrictions are lifted. Suppose it's only another few weeks. Imagine assessment centres will be the same for the rest of us

Yea I'm defo not expecting AC any time soon is GV still going atm do you know?

From what I've read it is but reduced numbers. A friend said they were looking at speeding up process as they're in deperate need of more staff, cant see it though with current restrictions but restrictions may be relaxed sooner here following recent update from Arlene foster. There will still be social distancing rules in place but imagine psni will be able to work round this to get people into GV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 StrangerIn

Finally got the long awaited email which was sent overnight. Next step AC :) Any advice from anyone who've been through it most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

So I’ve been asked to upload one of my college certificates as it was blurry. Does anybody know when accessing the link do I just upload that or do I upload all of my education evidence?

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    So I’ve been asked to upload one of my college certificates as it was blurry. Does anybody know when accessing the link do I just upload that or do I upload all of my education evidence?

It sounds like they just need the one so I would just upload the one they are asking for

Yeap unfortunately there is no word of the AC yet I would love to just get the ball rolling and get going even if we had a date of some sort it would give us some indication alough obviously we are in very uncertain times atm.

I would imagine it will be some time in may before we hear anything with regards ac, could be wrong but I think until the lockdown is relaxed there isnt much they can do for now.

• Advertisement

I would imagine it will be some time in may before we hear anything with regards ac, could be wrong but I think until the lockdown is relaxed there isnt much they can do for now.

Yea I would say it could be at least summer

Hi folks, i have a quick question to any of you who'd been through the recruitment process before. Will I fail if I smoked a joint around Christmas time? I'm not a regular smoker, just the casual type who can have a puff, maybe once a year. I was at a social gathering in December 2019, was on the drink. Went outside for a smoke and smell the stuff . Went to the person and drew few puffs from his cigarette. The thing is, I don't want to go through the remaining stages knowing that I will fail the medical assessment, which cost money to the state.

TY

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Reassessment of educational qualifications will take until end of June going by the email so I would say you’re looking July at the very earliest for the AC to start

StrangerIn wrote: »
    Hi folks, i have a quick question to any of you who'd been through the recruitment process before. Will I fail if I smoked a joint around Christmas time? I'm not a regular smoker, just the casual type who can have a puff, maybe once a year. I was at a social gathering in December 2019, was on the drink. Went outside for a smoke and smell the stuff . Went to the person and drew few puffs from his cigarette. The thing is, I don't want to go through the remaining stages knowing that I will fail the medical assessment, which cost money to the state.

TY

Stay off the green sir, it's a small sacrifice if you are serious about joining the PSNI. As far as I'm aware it will stay in your hair for up to 90 days and if it was a one off even less time. Not worth risking at this stage as harmless as you may feel having a puff is. If you get in, it wouldn't be advisable to smoke it either, I would imagine you may be subjected to random drug testing. Leave clean, no green 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

no confirmation recieved on my end yet

KN1231999 wrote: »

That's a bit strange, make sure you check all of your folders incase its went into your junk folder etc

KN1231999 wrote: »

Is strange they were sent in the middle of the night make sure check spam/junk

That's a bit strange, make sure you check all of your folders incase its went into your junk folder etc

yep i had am peek in there aswell and nothing has came through as of yet.

im going to assume its going out in batches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

You should get it at some point today if not contact them, mine came through at 2.09am.

false alarm, it was flagged as junk for some reason lol
    all good on my end, next step AC.

• Advertisement

Stay off the green sir, it's a small sacrifice if you are serious about joining the PSNI. As far as I'm aware it will stay in your hair for up to 90 days and if it was a one off even less time. Not worth risking at this stage as harmless as you may feel having a puff is. If you get in, it wouldn't be advisable to smoke it either, I would imagine you may be subjected to random drug testing. Leave clean, no green 😂😂

Definitely staying off. Not even the casual. Getting in is as important for me as my own life.

Good stuff, I think the psni see drug users as being compromised, you're buying off local gangs/paramilitaries and funding their activities etc which is fair enough given the role you will be carrying out as an officer.

Definitely staying off. Not even the casual. Getting in is as important for me as my own life.

same as me bud, many of times ive had the opportunity to take it, i could never do it, i would be so disappointed in myself.
    this job is everything for me also.

Good stuff, I think the psni see drug users as being compromised, you're buying off local gangs/paramilitaries and funding their activities etc which is fair enough given the role you will be carrying out as an officer.

Exactly, makes sense. As for me, I've never bought any such thing in my life. Just had casuals whenever someone is smoking, which is quite rare. I don't really have many such smokers in my circle of friends. Integrity prevails here, so even the rare casual ones is a no-go for me as from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Treddy

TY

Erm, so you want to join the police, but you think its a good idea to smoke illegal drugs beforehand? I don't think you're the type of person the police is looking for. There is a reason as to why candidates get drug tested, and that's because drugs can seriously impair your judgement and reliability, regardless of what they are. Furthermore, traces of weed stay in your hair for longer than 90 days, they're in your hair follicles until you cut the hair completely, and then it all depends on hair growth, so for example they tend to stay much longer in body hair, and the police has been known to check that too if they're struggling to get a sample from your head. I'd say you should seriously reconsider going hrough, you will be asked about drug use and even if you jam the test you'd have to lie about it to get in, showing a lack of integrity straight away.

Treddy wrote: »
    Erm, so you want to join the police, but you think its a good idea to smoke illegal drugs beforehand? I don't think you're the type of person the police is looking for. There is a reason as to why candidates get drug tested, and that's because drugs can seriously impair your judgement and reliability, regardless of what they are. Furthermore, traces of weed stay in your hair for longer than 90 days, they're in your hair follicles until you cut the hair completely, and then it all depends on hair growth, so for example they tend to stay much longer in body hair, and the police has been known to check that too if they're struggling to get a sample from your head. I'd say you should seriously reconsider going hrough, you will be asked about drug use and even if you jam the test you'd have to lie about it to get in, showing a lack of integrity straight away.

Well, that was in December, well before I even knew I was going to apply. And it was a casual puff, just out of curiosity more like, not like you're making it. There's a difference between doing drugs and briefly doing it once-off, at a Christmas party, without even going to buy it. Thanks for your input anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 The ting goes skrra

TY

Couldn't agree more with Treddy.

You do realise its the police you are applying for, yet you openly admit to taking illegal drugs on an open online forum? The police do not need idiots like you. I hope you don't get in as it will undermine the public confidence.

I guess you will just miss off your mates address when you are sent out to arrest the local drug dealers???

You said you never bought it, just took off other people? So you are a leach too, the worst sort IMO.

You said "integrity prevails", this ragged my nut, I hope you say about this on your vetting forms if you get that far.

Mate you need to reconsider your application and do the right thing for us all.

Hi all long time lurker here. Nice to be in this process.

Good luck to you all, except the people who obviously lack integrity! :)

Couldn't agree more with Treddy.

You do realise its the police you are applying for, yet you openly admit to taking illegal drugs on an open online forum? The police do not need idiots like you. I hope you don't get in as it will undermine the public confidence.

I guess you will just miss off your mates address when you are sent out to arrest the local drug dealers???

You said you never bought it, just took off other people? So you are a leach too, the worst sort IMO.

You said "integrity prevails", this ragged my nut, I hope you say about this on your vetting forms if you get that far.

Mate you need to reconsider your application and do the right thing for us all.

At least I was honest. I will definitely reconsider view the extreme thoughts of some, despite knowing I'm not the only one. Leave you to it clean-slates.

• Advertisement

At least I was honest. I will definitely reconsider view the extreme thoughts of some, despite knowing I'm not the only one. Leave you to it clean-slates.

You think that someone who has recently been involved in criminal activity should not be in the police is an extreme view?

Again, read what the police do (its on their website), they actually go after criminals, I understand that this probably shocks you. After reading please strongly consider your career choice.

Also find out what integrity means...

Advertisement