Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Anyone here worked/worked in social welfare as a CO? My mother has been offered it and is very nervous, so any reassuring information I could give her would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Bennyd999 wrote: »
    Hi all just called for stage 2 supervised aptitude test offaly area can anyone give any information what to expect.
    Thanks in advance..

Hi Benny do u mind me asking in or around what number you are. Im on the Offaly panel but have done the supervised tests for Westmeath a while back if I get reached in Offaly I will likely be made permanent where im working as a TC0 They are pretty straight forward. First up is the statements where you say true false or cannot say. Then maths and lastly cross referencing tables to spot errors. It takes about an hour and there are different pass marks for each. You have to pass all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Public jobs offer you a position and will then do your garda vetting. Once this is back, they will look for your reference. Your file is then passed over to the HR Dept of the department that you have been assigned to and they will agree your start date and issue your contract.

I honestly don't see how you could have a contract if your vetting isn't cleared unless someone isn't doing their job properly. Even if someone somehow got their contract before the above steps, I can guarantee that you won't be starting your new job until it's cleared so what happens if it's delayed and you have handed in your notice?

Wait until everything is back before you do anything is my advice.

I started my job for the department of Justice about a month before my clearance came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Would also love to know what number, I am more than likely out of the game at this stage...

Hi Benny do u mind me asking in or around what number you are. Im on the Offaly panel but have done the supervised tests for Westmeath a while back if I get reached in Offaly I will likely be made permanent where im working as a TC0 They are pretty straight forward. First up is the statements where you say true false or cannot say. Then maths and lastly cross referencing tables to spot errors. It takes about an hour and there are different pass marks for each. You have to pass all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxeimiexx

Does anyone know how Tipperary is moving I'm on batch 4.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Teresa94

sgarvey wrote: »
    Does anybody know how many are in batch 3 in longford by any chance??

Did you ever get the results of your stage 2 aptitudes?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sgarvey

Teresa94 wrote: »
    Did you ever get the results of your stage 2 aptitudes?
    Thanks

Ya I got them last Thursday and I have interview this friday..

But did you get the breakdown of the 3 parts?

But did you get the breakdown of the 3 parts?
    No I didnt actually, I'd forgotten about that.. I'm not going to ask either incase they made a mistake:D

No I didnt actually, I'd forgotten about that.. I'm not going to ask either incase they made a mistake:D

Haha so funny!! I was thinking the exact same 😂😂 keep them😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

xxeimiexx wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Tipperary is moving I'm on batch 4.

Thank you

People on Batch 2 have been offered jobs and pending start dates in coming week.

Working on Batch 3 now AFAIK.

Batch 4 have not yet been called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sligo198r

MedPsych wrote: »
    Anyone here worked/worked in social welfare as a CO? My mother has been offered it and is very nervous, so any reassuring information I could give her would be great! :)

It's great. I was a TCO in DEASP a good few times, and now CO. I've been in various sections and have found the work interesting & challenging and the staff are lovely. Best of luck to your mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Catwoman30

Anyone any update on Limerick.. I don't want to keep annoying the PAS...
    Everyday waiting for the phone call... :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Oll19

For those who have done interviews, how long did it take before you got your results?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

Catwoman30 wrote: »
    Anyone any update on Limerick.. I don't want to keep annoying the PAS...
    Everyday waiting for the phone call... :))

I still haven't heard a thing, I'm giving up contacting them before they put me on a blacklist 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rayken

Oll19 wrote: »
    For those who have done interviews, how long did it take before you got your results?

I did my interview in September, got my results five days after it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

I did mine on a Tuesday and got the results that Friday!

Sugarpop18 wrote: »
    I still haven't heard a thing, I'm giving up contacting them before they put me on a blacklist 😂

Thanks for that... I think you are next to me called...

Thanks for that... I think you are next to me called...

I think they have only took on 1 in the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

I think they have only took on 1 in the last 2 weeks

Yeah they've really slowed down with Limerick hopefully it starts moving again soon.

• Advertisement

Sugarpop18 wrote: »
    Yeah they've really slowed down with Limerick hopefully it starts moving again soon.

Fingers crossed... I await your good news.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi Guys, just wondering does anyone know how Galway is moving along? Any idea of number of people left to be placed our what batch they are placing at the moment?

Two weeks ago they were on batch 3.1- just starting it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MidnightOil

Mayo into the 20s now. Best of luck to all who have been placed

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Sligo198r wrote: »
    It's great. I was a TCO in DEASP a good few times, and now CO. I've been in various sections and have found the work interesting & challenging and the staff are lovely. Best of luck to your mum.

Thanks so much for the reply! That is great to hear! When you have been on the other side i.e. going in to claim services, it seems like such a daunting place - I am glad it is not so for those who work there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Oll19

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Two weeks ago they were on batch 3.1- just starting it
    Thanks for that, are they actually placing that batch? I wonder how many are in each batch and if there is a 3.2 or does it go to batch 4 then?

Hope today went good for you :)

Hope today went good for you :)

Ya it went great thank god, cant believe it.. hope you did well on yours..🤞🤞

Ya it went great thank god, cant believe it.. hope you did well on yours..🀞🀞

That's brilliant news! Well done :) I'm fairly sure I did good too :) any idea when we will get results

That's brilliant news! Well done :) I'm fairly sure I did good too :) any idea when we will get results

Think it will be early next week because they are waiting to start our batch they told me wen I rang during the week

• Advertisement

Think it will be early next week because they are waiting to start our batch they told me wen I rang during the week

Oh super stuff!! I've to give a months notice! Wonder will that be ok with them?:) if I got through obviously

Advertisement