Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

sgarvey wrote: »
    Yip next Friday morning at 12:15. Wat day are u in?? Anybody got any tips for interview???

The email invite shows shows three areas they will focus on, just have some personal. Examples in those areas. It's really just a go/no go interview, nothing hard. They mark you but you only need half the marks to pass and it don't affect your oom

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Teresa94

The email invite shows shows three areas they will focus on, just have some personal. Examples in those areas. It's really just a go/no go interview, nothing hard. They mark you but you only need half the marks to pass and it don't affect your oom

As far as I know it does affect your OOM, I know someone who got in recently and was OOM15 and after interview was OOM7

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

It does affect your OOM. It didn’t used to I don’t think, but does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Catwoman30

I went into the interview OOM 59 I was OOM 27 after the interview

Catwoman30 wrote: »

I stand corrected. Miine never changed, coincidence then

• Advertisement

Limerick still on oom 20 batch 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Islandgirl3378

Would the fact that people have got jobs and are therefore off the panel not push people’s OOM up the list regardless of interview performance?

Limerick still on oom 20 batch 5.

No movement this week. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sgarvey

Does anybody know is it possible to move up in batches after interview?? I'm in 4.1 @ the minute, if I did good interview could I move to batch 3??? I know u can move within a batch as in from 4.3 to 4.1, but not sure about moving from 4 to batch 3.. TIA

Would the fact that people have got jobs and are therefore off the panel not push people’s OOM up the list regardless of interview performance?

I was 29 before and after the interview. Catwomen was behind me initially and then ahead after the interview( well done by the way).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

sgarvey wrote: »
    Does anybody know is it possible to move up in batches after interview?? I'm in 4.1 @ the minute, if I did good interview could I move to batch 3??? I know u can move within a batch as in from 4.3 to 4.1, but not sure about moving from 4 to batch 3.. TIA

No you canmove up within abatch but the batch numbers stay the same.

I was 29 before and after the interview. Catwomen was behind me initially and then ahead after the interview( well done by the way).

Thank you... It has all come as a huge surprise to me.. Never expected to get this far.. 😲😊

Thank you... It has all come as a huge surprise to me.. Never expected to get this far.. 😲😊

Don't know about you, but I'm just hoping I get revenue... Think that would suit me.. I'll keep an eye out for any post from you as I'll be starting soon after you.. Think we will both be started before Xmas

Don't know about you, but I'm just hoping I get revenue... Think that would suit me.. I'll keep an eye out for any post from you as I'll be starting soon after you.. Think we will both be started before Xmas

I would hope that we get the call very soon.
    Will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Thank you... It has all come as a huge surprise to me.. Never expected to get this far.. ����

I was the same as you and now im due to finish in my job of 14 years and start in revenue in a few weeks :/. Fingers crossed you wont be waiting too long 🤞🤞

Shador74 wrote: »
    I was the same as you and now im due to finish in my job of 14 years and start in revenue in a few weeks :/. Fingers crossed you wont be waiting too long 🀞🀞

Thanks Shador 74

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Louise7

Anyone know where they are with the batches for interview in Cork please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DJOC83

Does anyone have knowledge on the pay rises in the civil service or grade climb? I've seen the fórsa scales starting off at just under 24k but wondering between that and say the top end of the scale at the 37k mark how long / realistic is it to get there... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

DJOC83 wrote: »
    Does anyone have knowledge on the pay rises in the civil service or grade climb? I've seen the fórsa scales starting off at just under 24k but wondering between that and say the top end of the scale at the 37k mark how long / realistic is it to get there... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The payscale is done in points. Everyone starts on point 1 and move up 1 point every year until you reach the MAX. After 3 years at MAX you move to Long Service Increment 1 and a further 3 years to LSI2.

To go from CO to EO etc you must go through a promotion or open EO campaign in which you move to point 1 of that scale.

If your current salary at CO is higher, you go to point nearest your current salary on the EO scale and, if via promotion you also move up one point immediately on the new scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

Teresa94 wrote: »
    The very best of luck!

Any ideas how long the aptitude test takes?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

45 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Shopassistant

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question I have. Should you be successful at interview what are the next steps exactly? I know there's Garda vetting and then you get the call after clearance for references but am I right in thinking it is after clearance you hand in your notice? Only wondering cause my employer needs a month notice and hoping this can be accommodated. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

RioM wrote: »
    Any ideas how long the aptitude test takes?
    Thanks

About an hour :) they talk a lot to explain the 3 stages but I was in there at 11 and out just after 12. Again I was in a small group so that may have made a difference too

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question I have. Should you be successful at interview what are the next steps exactly? I know there's Garda vetting and then you get the call after clearance for references but am I right in thinking it is after clearance you hand in your notice? Only wondering cause my employer needs a month notice and hoping this can be accommodated. Any help is appreciated. TIA.
    Hand in your notice when you get offered the position, your clearance should be back before your notice is up

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Almost Famous

I wouldn't recommend handing in your notice until you have your contract for your new position. This will only come once your vetting and references are back. If you hand it in too early your vetting could be delayed and will mean a gap between jobs.

I wouldn't recommend handing in your notice until you have your contract for your new position. This will only come once your vetting and references are back. If you hand it in too early your vetting could be delayed and will mean a gap between jobs.

That's not necessarily true.
    I know someone who got offered the contract before the garda vetting was complete

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bennyd999

Hi all just called for stage 2 supervised aptitude test offaly area can anyone give any information what to expect.
    Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

Hi
    I did aptitude test on 27/09
    (Tipperary). Got my results.
    Any idea when can I expect to get interview date?
    Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

I had the tests in July did the interview in september -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Hi do you mind me asking where you got offered the position in Kerry?? You can send me a private message if you like. Thanks

Sorry sent you pm...position in Dept of Agriculture tralee

Advertisement