Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Yip, have a small few 50ml Aventus for Her left @ €93. Already bottled.

Can't say for 100% yet, but I'll likely list MFK BR540 EdP in Autumn - will obviously need enough sign ups to go ahead.

Definitely order something for yourself - sure you're probably running low! ;)

Hi Pat

Can you put me down for the follwing

Aventus for her x 2 (sister is stockpiling)
    MFK BR540 - 25ml , add me to the list for signups

I'm gonna try

Houbigant - Fougere Royale - 10ml
    Guerlain - Herba Fresca- 10ml
    Lalique - Fleur Universelle - 10ml

I missed the Xerjoff Nio :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Another spot on delivery received today, cheers Pat!

That pulp is some funky ****!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Another spot on delivery received today, cheers Pat!

That pulp is some funky ****!!

Tis pretty fruity alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Nice one Pat , received the Acqua di parma there this morning just opened it up , perfect job once again , Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Just in the door Pat. That creed is delish..... Even the mother in law likes it!

The better half is harder to please though. Cheers mate! Well packaged too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Oldref

Hi Pat - order received yesterday, top class as per usual. Wasn't a big fan of the Santal 33 at first but its growing on me now!! Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi Pat, did I miss the the Xercoff Nio?

Oldref wrote: »
    Hi Pat - order received yesterday, top class as per usual. Wasn't a big fan of the Santal 33 at first but its growing on me now!! Thanks a mil
    Very definitely a grower - lot of folks have said the same thing.

Giggernaut wrote: »
    Hi Pat, did I miss the the Xercoff Nio?
    Yes, all gone. Must update the OP actually.....

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Pack arrived today thanks.
    The molecule reminds me of cream soda!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

When do you expect TF Oud Wood?

• Advertisement

SmallBalls wrote: »
    When do you expect TF Oud Wood?

I've only very recently finished a large split of regular Oud Wood so have no plans to do it for a while. I will however definitely be doing a split of its newer big brother Oud Wood Intense in autumn or winter!

Updated 13/6/19 :
    Got some more Santal 33 and Beau de Jour!

As well as the stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 7/5/2019:

Creed - Aventus: a few 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: last 50ml left @ €93.
    Senteurs Gourmandes – Twin pack with 10ml each of Vanilla Noir and Incense Oud (both really good): last pair (plastic) left @ €16.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Recent fragrances**

LE LABO
    375x500.12201.jpg
    Santal 33 *in hand*
    Hugely popular in the US, this is a fantastic sweet (sandal)wood scent which changes considerably throughout the day. Very versatile and quite potent. RRP €152 / 50ml.
    €25 for 10ml, €71 for 30ml, or €108 for 50ml. I've got some more, and it's cheaper than before - but when it's gone, it's gone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD

Beau de Jour *in hand*
    A new release from Tom Ford's Private Blend line, this is by many accounts his best new fragrance in years - I concur, and the feedback I've had from others has been excellent. Very much a 'barbershop' scent with strong lavender, this is a classic type smell, but done very well. Very suave and classy. RRP €188 / 50ml.
    €25.50 for 10ml or €72.50 for 30ml. Like the S33 above, I've got some more in at a good price. Limited amount 20ml available!

ARMANI / PRIVE
    375x500.2698.jpg
    Vetiver d'Hiver *in hand*
    “Winter vetiver” – perhaps the most inaccurate name in fragrance history given that this is neither wintery, or especially vetiver-y. Instead, we get a classy citrus fragrance, ideal for summer use and completely unisex. This is from Armani’s upscale Prive line which would be in a similar market segment to Tom Ford’s Private Blends. RRP €70 / 30ml.
    €37.50 for 25ml.

FRAPIN
    375x500.7015.jpg
    L'Humaniste *in hand*
    Fragrantica reviewer: "An amazing marvel of modern masculine perfumery, this radiant spicy citrus woody fougere is one reason to forget your much used bottle of Aventus. The perfume begins with a citrusy peppery burst of lemon, bergamot, cardamon, pink pepper and black pepper. As it begins to settle, one gets notes of juniper berries, nutmeg, thyme and peony. Finally as it settles, a boozy mossy powdery base of gin, oakmoss and tonka is revealed. Unique, haunting, uplifting and revealing every note included in beautiful layer after layer this is a safe and very appealing juice"
    I was just going to write "good schtuff" but I think that guy did a better job! 'Tis good schtuff indeed though....
    €18.50 for 10ml, €50.50 for 30ml, or €73 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box. 10ml left.

OTHERS AVAILABLE *IN HAND*

ESCENTRIC MOLECULES - Molecule 01
    Very popular Iso E Super concoction which smells like wood, salt or musk (or nothing!) depending on who you ask. Apparently good as an enhancer for other scents.
    €13 for 10ml. Three remaining.

.........................................................................................................................................

LALIQUE - Fleur Universelle
    A heady mix of cognac, pepper and honey - great winter wear.
    €16 for 10ml. Last one.

.........................................................................................................................................

MUGLER - Pure Havane
    Spicy tobacco goodness.
    €11.50 for 10ml. Last one (plastic).

HERMES - Terre d'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver
    The iconic Terre d'Hermes (parfum strength) given an extra vetiver kick.
    €15 for 10ml[/b]. Last one (plastic).

HOUBIGANT - Fougere Royale
    Fougere Royale is perhaps the most important fragrance in the history of perfumery as it was the very first fougere (fern like) fragrance when it was released back in 1882 – a class of fragrances which dominates modern production, especially male fragrances. Expect spicy green smells from this 2010 re release. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €17 for 10ml. Last one.

COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE - Eau des Lagons
    If you wanted a cactus scented fragrance, now’s your chance to grab this from sunny brand CSP! Featuring cactus and salt, this is a very summery, spicy fragrance – unisex and very easy to wear. Really rather good!
    €10.50 for 10ml. Last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 samdavis

Hi Pat, can I get the last twin pack Sentaurs Gourmandes, 10ml of Tom ford Beau du jour, and 10ml Frapin, and the last cactus one 10ml? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 howardm

Hi Pat,
    Can I have 10ml Beau de Jour, 30ml Santal 33? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Parcel received Tuesday, crazy busy at the moment so didn't get to open til last night but top quality as always. The Santal is fantastic to this nose anyway! Haven't gotten time to test the others yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I'll take 10ml Beau de Jour and 10ml Santal 33..

1st time buyer so PM me instructions of what to do..

samdavis wrote: »
    Hi Pat, can I get the last twin pack Sentaurs Gourmandes, 10ml of Tom ford Beau du jour, and 10ml Frapin, and the last cactus one 10ml? Thanks
    howardm wrote: »
    Hi Pat,
    Can I have 10ml Beau de Jour, 30ml Santal 33? Thanks.
    SmallBalls wrote:
    I'll take 10ml Beau de Jour and 10ml Santal 33..

1st time buyer so PM me instructions of what to do..

All good. Emails / PMs incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Hi Pat
    Can i have 10ml Beau du Jour and 10ml Santal 33 please.
    First time buyer, can you let me know by pm how to proceed with purchase.
    Tia

Bykobap wrote: »
    Hi Pat
    Can i have 10ml Beau du Jour and 10ml Santal 33 please.
    First time buyer, can you let me know by pm how to proceed with purchase.
    Tia

Sure. Beau de Jour provisionally sold out!

edit: and if you're interested in 50ml of Santal 33, I'd move quickly....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Got to try the Beau de Jeor, holy Christ I should've bought more than 10ml!!

• Advertisement

Testament1 wrote: »
    Got to try the Beau de Jeor, holy Christ I should've bought more than 10ml!!

Yip, it's damn good alright! Currently rating at 4.4 on Fragrantica which is an excellent score. First 30 seconds or so are a bit 'WTF?' I find but it rapidly smoothens from there. I get a touch of Vert d'Encens from it, but wrapped up in a big blanket of lavender and......mint I think? Possibly sounds feminine from that description but it's definitely masculine - in fact, it's the very first Private Blend fragrance to be marketed solely to men.

Down to a single 10ml left on each of the following:

Frapin - L'Humaniste (glass or plastic).
    Houbigant - Fougere Royale (plastic....I think).
    Mugler - Pure Havane (plastic).
    Lalique - Fleur Universelle (plastic I think). (highly recommended by me for what it's worth).

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

you twisted my arm, I'll take the Lalique. Can you hold the shipping until the next batch of stuff comes up? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Pat. Saving me a read thru the thread.... do you do Molecule for the ladies. Wife tells me package on way from Brown Thomas to my work with her name on it. Seems she treats herself to a small bottle every so often.... !!!! Dirty sneak!!!!

€38 fir 30 mil??? Plus postage. Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭mrm

Lalique - Fleur Universelle (plastic I think). (highly recommended by me for what it's worth).

You shouldn't leave this one behind lads, it is excellent. It is a little weak so projection is not brilliant but the longevity is great and the fragrance is so deep and sophisticated. Real gentlemans fragrance, and makes you smell great to most important person you need to impress - yourself! (yep, I'm married...those days are over). I will try it sometime with molecule 01 to see if that boosts the projection.

Visited BT in Dublin a few weeks ago and tried the Beau de jour. Fantastic fragrance, though I am unsure what it provides over sartorial or YSL Rive gauche. It does smell of high quality materials and it performs brilliantly (so it may have the upper hand there, and in being able to say 'I'm wearing a Tom Ford - translation: I am either made of money or completely broke). Sprayed it on the wrist and later carried my jacket over that wrist. Next day applied Fougere Royale for first wear and thought this is beautiful, then realised the additional beautiful aroma was wafting from the jacket sleeve - Beau de Jour sticks around like Shane Ross at a Katie Taylor reception, except it's a welcomed guest.

Also tried Oud Wood Intense. Suffice to say this is an 'Oud Wood' that even Pat might like! i.e. I don't think it smelled anything like oud wood. It is a beautiful fragrance on its own stance, but I smell marketing shennahigans to the fore here. Of course, this is all to my nose and from my skin, so conditions may apply. A lot of reviews do relate it to oud wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Masala wrote: »
    do you do Molecule for the ladies.

molecule 01 is unisex, it's just one ingredient, iso e super

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mrm wrote: »
    You shouldn't leave this one behind lads, it is excellent. It is a little weak so projection is not brilliant but the longevity is great and the fragrance is so deep and sophisticated. Real gentlemans fragrance

Pat can you put me down for one of those with my order if its not shipped yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭mrm

Pat can you put me down for one of those with my order if its not shipped yet :)

Good call Luckycharms!

19:20 mins of that video if I have pasted incorrectly. I like Ashleys comments as she is training to be a perfumer and she also cites Lalique Encre Noir L'extreme as her fave fragrance.

Apologies for delayed responses, stuck out doing jobs in the garden all day - me back is broken!

Masala, is it Molecule 01 you're asking about? Escentric have a few Molecule frags but that's definitely the most popular. As AAAAAAA notes, it's unisex but definitely has its female fans alright (my office mate's fave actually).

mrm: cheers for the review. Must say I don't get Sartorial from BdJ (although I've seen a few mention it) - to me BdJ is a 'rounder' or more expansive fragrance (that's not a criticism of Sartorial, just how they seem to me). I'd put Rive Gauche closer to Sartorial, but it's been a while since I've smelt it. BTW rather astonishingly, YSL have discontinued Rive Gauche! Incredible decision for a classic fragrance. Already disappeared from most online sources, including YSL themselves and is destined to become a 'unicorn' fragrance.

• Advertisement

Just sorting the requests there and you're actually already down (and paid for) for 10ml of Fougere Royale - I presume you're not looking for a second one?

Advertisement