Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

They'll offer you another deal when you try to cancel after the 3 months, you'll never pay €73.

Call me old fashioned but I’d much prefer they tell me how much and if I’m interested, I’ll pay it. Not a fan of made up theoretical prices and me having to ring up and haggle to get the best deal ... €15 Netflix, I know what I’m getting into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

Sports Extra is €17 pm without Sky Sports for first 3 months.

Price will only show up when you add it to your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

Got an email offer yesterday from Now TV offering 3 months sports extra for €30 up front, snapped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,260 ✭✭✭✭noodler

€30 for both passes, €73 for both after 3 months. Any wonder people are enticed by alternative, dodgy means

How are you working it out to 73?

I got the pigsback offer last month which is about 70+ for three months of sky sports alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

noodler wrote: »
    How are you working it out to 73?

Sky Sports is €39 per month and Sports Extra is €34 per month at full price, which is €73

The offer at the moment for new customers is both packs for €30 per month for 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,260 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sky Sports is €39 per month and Sports Extra is €34 per month at full price, which is €73

The offer at the moment for new customers is both packs for €30 per month for 3 months

Oh right thought you were saying 73 for 3 months.

On the vanilla subscription discount til Dec so little incentive to upgrade to extra pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just signed up for the nowtv offer of sky sports and sports extra (bt + premier).

Now tv had said you couldn't watch the extra pack on lg tvs but I found you can if you click on tv guide and the channels are in there. They are not on the main screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

The Sports Extra Pack is also available on the Samsung TV app

Made the mistake of updating the now tv app on my lg tv and now the sport extra channels have disappeared from the app.

Funny I don't remember updating the app when they first appeared on it so maybe they can add/remove them without updating the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Butson

On the Now TV Stick's......can you watch live RTE on the RTE Player app?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Made the mistake of updating the now tv app on my lg tv and now the sport extra channels have disappeared from the app.

Funny I don't remember updating the app when they first appeared on it so maybe they can add/remove them without updating the app.

The sport extra channels were on the Now TV app when I looked yesterday on a LG tv.

lertsnim wrote: »
    The sport extra channels were on the Now TV app when I looked yesterday on a LG tv.

Yes they are back on it. Not on the home screen. You need to go into the tv guide. It is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sumach

Butson wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

The RTÉ player has stopped working working on my Now TV Stick. Virginmedia player works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Butson wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

No, everything else works perfect except for RTE Player

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

FRIENDO wrote: »
    No, everything else works perfect except for RTE Player

When you click on the app it just boots you out
    Rubbish as usual from RTE

Just wondering did anyone take up the sports extra channels. I have till today to get the 30 Euro for 3 months offer.

Is it any good?

I am very happy with it anyway.
    I got the 3 month deal for €30 p/m.

It is the first time all the channels are on a single app except eir sport of course.

I have an LG tv and it is very handy to just use the tv remote to select the stream you want. Move around the house and you can watch it on a phone or tablet or cast it to a chromecast.

The quality of the streams is very good. You do get the odd buffering but it is seldom enough.

The next logical step is for catchup to be added.

I am very happy with it anyway.
    I got the 3 month deal for €30 p/m.

It is the first time all the channels are on a single app except eir sport of course.

I have an LG tv and it is very handy to just use the tv remote to select the stream you want. Move around the house and you can watch it on a phone or tablet or cast it to a chromecast.

The quality of the streams is very good. You do get the odd buffering but it is seldom enough.

The next logical step is for catchup to be added.

Thanks Tiger

Just wondering are some programmes blocked on Premier channels, I sometimes see the epg blank on Premier channels,

I would think any of the pro14 games would be blocked on premier as eir sport have the ROI rights. Eir would be very quick to stop that.

The saturday 3pm football matches should be fine on it though.

I am not sure what will happen with the multiple football fixtures kicking off at the same time in December. Premier have the ROI rights. Perhaps there will be extra one off streams in the app.

The viewership for some of those lesser fixtures will hardly be great but BT and Virgin televise all the champions league games, even though some fixtures outside the English teams must have few viewers.

Great Tiger,

Ye, I just got it now.
    Have all the sports now, had to try it for that offer, cheers

I find the now TV very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

How would I get this on my smart TV without having to cast or use laptop and HD cable ? Would be ideal if I could get the NOWTV app on the tv but im not sure how to?

US2 wrote: »
    How would I get this on my smart TV without having to cast or use laptop and HD cable ? Would be ideal if I could get the NOWTV app on the tv but im not sure how to?

I bought a Now TV stick, some good deals at the moment coming with various offers

I think I paid 45 and that was with a free month sport,

My TV did not have the now TV app

Important to plug the power cable of the stick to a direct wall socket, I found with it connected to an extention lead it slowed the internet.

Works perfect and good picture quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I bought a Now TV stick, some good deals at the moment coming with various offers

I think I paid 45 and that was with a free month sport,

My TV did not have the now TV app

Important to plug the power cable of the stick to a direct wall socket, I found with it connected to an extention lead it slowed the internet.

Works perfect and good picture quality

Brilliant!! Thanks. I presume my tv remote would allow me flick through channels so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Wait now... does the 17pm offer for sports extra expire today too? Cannot find on website. Cheers

US2 wrote: »
    Brilliant!! Thanks. I presume my tv remote would allow me flick through channels so?

No, the stick comes with a very simple control to use for now TV and accompanying apps, it controls volume and standby on the tv also

mollser wrote: »
    Wait now... does the 17pm offer for sports extra expire today too? Cannot find on website. Cheers

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/offers?awc=11008_1565951803_8a65d50d6c6bf0d22b318e183f768fb5

Have a look, think it's still available

mollser wrote: »

Still there

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lertsnim wrote: »

Sticks with 2months on sale in pc world currys Going for 20 euro in black tag sale

Elmo wrote: »
    Sticks with 2months on sale in pc world currys Going for 20 euro in black tag sale

2 months of Sky Sports Extra?

• Advertisement
Advertisement