Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Now TV in the UK are doing a Season Ticket for 10 months for Sky Sports at £199 which is £19.90 per month, I wish Now TV here did the same

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online

That is a great offer considering it is normally £39 a month there.

I would sign up no problem for 12 months if it is €20 p/m.

It looks like they are making a concerted effort to draw in people from illegal streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Sky Sports is £33.99 per month in the UK

€39 here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ignore .... wrong thread and forum

muffler wrote: »
    Currently it is £18 in the UK or £23 with HD. Thats in addition to the basic £22 pack that has to be taken before you even consider sports

Sports is €40 here full price with the current offer being €20 for 6 months or €28 including HD

This is the Now TV forum hence the Now TV prices, not Sky TV

This is the Now TV forum hence the Now TV prices, not Sky TV
    Oops, sorry. Wrong thread :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭SomeDude

Hi All,

I’ve got Now TV. While it has the RTÉ player app, it doesn’t appear to show live TV.

Is this the case?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

SomeDude wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’ve got Now TV. While it has the RTÉ player app, it doesn’t appear to show live TV.

Is this the case?

Thanks

It shows live TV if you have a pass for any of the following.
    Entertainment
    Sport
    Movies
    Kids
    Hayu

FRIENDO wrote: »
    It shows live TV if you have a pass for any of the following.
    Entertainment
    Sport
    Movies
    Kids
    Hayu

I wasn’t clear in my post. What I mean is that it’s not showing live TV on RTÉ Payer.

Hi All,

Is this the case?

Thanks
    I haven't used Now Tv but in relation to the RTE player I always thought that it was a catch up service. Could be wrong

muffler wrote: »
    I haven't used Now Tv but in relation to the RTE player I always thought that it was a catch up service. Could be wrong

Well on an iPad and an iPhone you can watch live TV in the ‘On Now’ section of the RTÉ Player app

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of other media streaming devices that show RTÉ player live TV (“ON NOW”). It appears NOW TV doesn’t.

Does anyone know of other media streaming devices that show RTÉ player live TV (“ON NOW”). It appears NOW TV doesn’t.

Neither my Now tv or the android app on my phone do live TV.

I know when I got the android app first on an android box the live TV worked but box series would not work.

Mabey RTÉ have removed live TV from some of its apps.

@somedude,

In the Broadcasting forum they are speaking about the new rte player, you'll probably get good information there

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-sky-sports-online

Now TV offering 3 months sports pass for €58, that's 50% off

Or one month of sports for €27

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Hi All,

Quick few questions here for someone who will know the answer straight away!

I got 2 free NOW TV Entertainment passes for 1 month each off some chocolate bars recently.

Tried redeeming and brings me to Irish site which is fair enough.

I want to know is am I only entitled to a 2 week trial then? Also this looks like it is available to anybody, maybe that's not the case if someone could clarify. Also then could I activate both together say and cancel both straight away to make up a month's worth of viewing??

Finally what way do I view then is it set up account, download an app and cast to my TV or is this possible? Don't particularly want to view from a tablet.

Content looks alright as I have no access to Sky Atlantic so looked like I could watch Chernobyl, Handmaids Tale and Sopranos again to name a few!

Thanks in advance

My friends Samsung TV getting UK app

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My friends Samsung TV getting UK app

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sorted, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

I have a Now TV sub and I tried to login on my LG TV to the app.

I keep getting an error something along the lines of "something bad happened try again". Now everything has been rebooted unistalled. I asked support who said because my Tv (bought in currys Dublin) is a UK version I cannot use the app... seems bonkers

Anyone able to fix this issue and get the app working on LG Tvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dam099

Kurn wrote: »
    I have a Now TV sub and I tried to login on my LG TV to the app.

I keep getting an error something along the lines of "something bad happened try again". Now everything has been rebooted unistalled. I asked support who said because my Tv (bought in currys Dublin) is a UK version I cannot use the app... seems bonkers

Anyone able to fix this issue and get the app working on LG Tvs?

Dont have an active sub at the moment but was working for me a few months back. My TV came from Currys to (2017 model though).

Have you set your internet services to Ireland in the menu settings (this is separate to tuner country)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

It was the location on the TV, it was set to the UK. Once I did that Two now TV apps appeared and RTE player made a return. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ffocused

Now TV Ireland app is finally available on Apple TV, but you will have to search for it to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

ffocused wrote: »
    Now TV Ireland app is finally available on Apple TV, but you will have to search for it to download.

Great news. Finally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

ffocused wrote: »

Excellent. That's great news!

Sport Extra now available on Now TV

Think it's working out at €13 per month offer for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Supermacs give one month free with every "fresh" meal. Movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Full sports package on offer for 30 euro a month for the first 3 months. Pretty good offer with all the Christmas football coming up. I wonder would this include La Liga tv when it launches...probably not.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie

The new sports Extra pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

€30 for both passes, €73 for both after 3 months. Any wonder people are enticed by alternative, dodgy means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

€30 for both passes, €73 for both after 3 months. Any wonder people are enticed by alternative, dodgy means

They'll offer you another deal when you try to cancel after the 3 months, you'll never pay €73.

Advertisement