Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Channel 4 is not working anymore on my now tv it asks me to register but I cannot register as it will not accept my post code. Any help would be great

Did you try using a UK post code?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

el_gaucho wrote: »
    Did you try using a UK post code?

Thanks no I don't have any postcode to use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Thanks no I don't have any postcode to use

Try this one SW1A 1AA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sorry if I am rehashing old information but can’t find definitive answer in the thread. Maybe a sticky note on the start of the thread would be good
    A few questions

Can I watch Netflix on the NowTV stick if I don’t have any NowTV active subscription

Same question for RTE and Virgin media players?

Is TG4 app available?

Is Prime Video available on the stick?

I’d there a dedicated Netflix button on the remote?

Are remote buttons programmable?

How does the voice command work? e.g. can I say play The Crown on Netflix

Can I cast from iPhone/ iPad/ Android to the stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Millem wrote: »
    Thanks a million. I want it really for kids things. Is it instant like netflix? Or does it take ages like finding a stream on firestick through kodi?

Try Disney plus, thread here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭decor58

Sorry if I am rehashing old information but can’t find definitive answer in the thread. Maybe a sticky note on the start of the thread would be good
    A few questions

Can I watch Netflix on the NowTV stick if I don’t have any NowTV active subscription

Same question for RTE and Virgin media players?

Is TG4 app available?

Is Prime Video available on the stick?

I’d there a dedicated Netflix button on the remote?

Are remote buttons programmable?

How does the voice command work? e.g. can I say play The Crown on Netflix

Can I cast from iPhone/ iPad/ Android to the stick?

I use a Nowtv stick without sub for RTÉ and VM players, likewise for Netflix, YouTube and All4, nó TG4. Works fine one way of adding smart functions to a non smart tv, cheaper than buying a new smart tv. If you are buying a Nowtv stick on adverts, donedeal, eBay make sure it is an Irish stick or you won't have the Irish players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Disney Plus has been added to UK NowTV devices, and will be coming to devices in Ireland "very soon".

The NowTV Ireland Twitter account is cleverly managing expectations by no giving a more precise date :)

https://twitter.com/NOWTVIreland/status/1253594209032044544

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Looking for help if someone has been in the same situation.

Bought the Now Tv smart stick today. First off- I kept getting the “lets get started” screen after I connected to my WiFi and it searched for an update, it restarts after the update but then this just keeps repeating. I reset the stick.

Now I can’t connect to WiFi even though the WiFi connection bar is full and the router is right next to the tv.

Edit- I have reset the stick, router etc numerous times and still no luck :(

Anyone have this problem?
    Thanks in advance

den87 wrote: »
    Looking for help if someone has been in the same situation.

Bought the Now Tv smart stick today. First off- I kept getting the “lets get started” screen after I connected to my WiFi and it searched for an update, it restarts after the update but then this just keeps repeating. I reset the stick.

Now I can’t connect to WiFi even though the WiFi connection bar is full and the router is right next to the tv.

Edit- I have reset the stick, router etc numerous times and still no luck :(

Anyone have this problem?
    Thanks in advance

I don't remember having any problems, I remember having to go on line, with my phone/pc during set up to confirm WiFi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Anyone else had Netflix stop working on Now TV? I've the black Roku box and when I launch the Netflix app I get as far as the red and black Netflix logo but no further. Just reverts back to now TV menu after that. Every other service (VM player, RTE player, 4OD, YouTube) are all working grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

NuMarvel wrote: »
    Disney Plus has been added to UK NowTV devices, and will be coming to devices in Ireland "very soon".

The NowTV Ireland Twitter account is cleverly managing expectations by no giving a more precise date :)

https://twitter.com/NOWTVIreland/status/1253594209032044544

Hoping it's imminent. This morning there was a block on the homepage highlights(irish stick) saying Disney + available now, but nothing happens when you click it and still no app in the app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Any news of full HD arriving yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Any news of full HD arriving yet?

No unfortunately. It's called Boost in the UK and it's £3 extra a month for it. If it ever comes here I can't see Now TV charging €3, they'll prob add the usual top up for us Irish customers

tscul32 wrote: »
    Hoping it's imminent. This morning there was a block on the homepage highlights(irish stick) saying Disney + available now, but nothing happens when you click it and still no app in the app store.

They're aiming for this week, according to this tweet on Friday.

https://twitter.com/NOWTVIreland/status/1256211899903094785

I though they might have tried for today, what with May the 4th, and all that, but I guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

They're aiming for this week, according to this tweet on Friday.

https://twitter.com/NOWTVIreland/status/1256211899903094785

I though they might have tried for today, what with May the 4th, and all that, but I guess not.

Anyone check if disney + is live today?

Anyone check if disney + is live today?

It's now in the App Store for the box, and presumably it's also on the stick.

It's now in the App Store for the box, and presumably it's also on the stick.

Yes, in the stick app store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Disney plus working on stick fine.

Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature, Sky History and Sky News have been added to the Entertainment TV Guide today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature, Sky History and Sky News have been added to the Entertainment TV Guide today

Surprising Sky News wasn't on it before now , is it in HD ? If the NowTv box had a Saorview terrestrial tuner in it,it wouldn't be a bad piece of kit, for combining pay tv and terrestrial channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

galtee boy wrote: »
    Surprising Sky News wasn't on it before now , is it in HD ? If the NowTv box had a Saorview terrestrial tuner in it,it wouldn't be a bad piece of kit, for combining pay tv and terrestrial channels.

a few years ago there was a smart now tv box (blue writing) in the uk which had an aerial input it was never marketed here but a few operated here and it worked fine for picking up terrestrial but the channels were not in order

galtee boy wrote: »

I don't have the Entertainment Pass to check, but I would presume its 720p just like all the other live channels

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

How can I stop someone else using my NOW TV? I gave my details to someone else and I don’t want them to use it anymore. I changed my password and removed their device using the app on my phone.

Should they be logged out automatically? Is there a “sign out of all devices” option like there is on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

babynice wrote: »
    How can I stop someone else using my NOW TV? I gave my details to someone else and I don’t want them to use it anymore
    Obviously a friend so why dont you ask them to stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Well I thought they were a friend and would rather not have to speak to them at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

babynice wrote: »
    Well I thought they were a friend and would rather not have to speak to them at all to be honest.
    Cant really help other than suggest you contact NowTV and cancel your account and set up another one.

Maybe someone else might be able to offer a different solution.

I changed my password in the past and noticed that some devices could still access my account under the old password. And if that's the case, then removing the device might not work, because it might be added back on the next time they open the app. The only way to be sure is to remove the device, and then add other devices to reach the cap of 6 devices.

According to this page on the UK help site, resetting your password will bring you to a Manage Permissions page where you remove access to NOW TV services. I'm not sure if that applies on the Irish site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shinto29

Lads, is the Premier League at 50fps on NowTV here?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭flashf1

shinto29 wrote: »
    Lads, is the Premier League at 50fps on NowTV here?

No, that’s only available on Now tv boost, 1080p full HD, 5.1 Dolby digital and 50fps, UK ONLY, crazy! I watched Man City v Arsenal last night and it’s pretty bad quality. I’ve no idea when boost will be an option in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I subscribed to Now TV over two weeks ago and I’m really happy with it. The video quality is much better than I was expecting and haven’t experienced any buffering issues (touch wood!).
    Unfortunately though, I didn’t really do my research beforehand and bought it on a whim online, which was the stick for €25 and the two week trial for cinema and entertainment packages. Today I was doing my grocery shopping in Dunnes and saw that they are selling the stick with both cinema and entertainment packages included for one month for €20!!
    Feck sake, I feel like I’ve been ripped off by buying directly from Now TV themselves:(

Advertisement