Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I would think any of the pro14 games would be blocked on premier as eir sport have the ROI rights. Eir would be very quick to stop that

Been mentioned over in the Rugby thread that apparently Pro14 matches on Premier have been going out on Now TV- don’t have Now TV so haven’t seen it myself and eitherr way I’ll doubt if it will last.

Something else...

In the UK, Now TV Boost has gone live today and it should hopefully be winging its way to Ireland in due course. This adds Full HD and Dolby 5.1 - both on Sky Sports only- as well as multiroom..

http://www.nowtv.com/boost (May not work unless you click go to UK site)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Black Friday me hoop! Yesterday's sports extra offers (3 months at 17pm) much better than today's (2 months at 17pm). Raging! Presume can just get another offer when this one expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

I've the following NowTV passes
    Sports due to expire on 22nd Dec and Sports Extra due to expire on 22nd Jan.

Can I buy a 2 months Sports + Sport Extra for €60 as I've currently 2 active passes ?
    If yes, will they start after my current passes expire ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Tolouse Connacht is on BT extra today but the channel isn't included in the Now tv sports extra package. Poor service.

Something similar used to happen all the time when the Heineken Cup was exclusive to Sky and back in the old 24 team format, games would inevitably end up on the red button and then only Sky satellite customers would be able to watch. First time it’s happened in a long time though (has it happened since the move to the 20-team format?). Not sure why there were three simultaneous 1pm KOs but the East London derby in the Premier League was never going to be bumped off BT1. I’m not sure why they couldn’t have used ESPN and pre-empted the first hour of College GameDay (which is often done when there’s live sport).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It will happen again when Premier Sport have all the Premier League games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hi.

Can I watch NowTV here using a firestick?

Can sideload the app, but won't run for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I bought the now tv stick as a present for someone. Connected it to the tv , entered password. It needed to do a software update, this completed quickly - in about a minute. Now it’s in a continuous loop just displaying the now tv logo in different colours. I tried hard reset (pressing the button for 6 seconds), any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I bought the now tv stick as a present for someone. Connected it to the tv , entered password. It needed to do a software update, this completed quickly - in about a minute. Now it’s in a continuous loop just displaying the now tv logo in different colours. I tried hard reset (pressing the button for 6 seconds), any thoughts?

Have you powered the stick off, pull out the plug for a minute and then put it back in again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Have you powered the stick off, pull out the plug for a minute and then put it back in again

Yes done that several times. Tried it on 2 different tv’s...not that that would make a difference anyway. I left it for 3 hours last night to see and came back and it’s still on that loop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

€30 for both passes, €73 for both after 3 months. Any wonder people are enticed by alternative, dodgy means
    They'll offer you another deal when you try to cancel after the 3 months, you'll never pay €73.

Just went on to cancel there as my next payment due on January 20th would have been the full price.

They offered Sky Sports for €23 and Sports Extra for €17 when you click through to cancel on the website.

Must say I've been impressed with the Now TV app on my LG tv. It's less than a minute behind which is a slight inconvenience but the userface is good and the streams are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tonysbistro

New addition to Entertainment package this month?
    “Sky Comedy will broadcast shows from HBO, NBC and Showtime, broadcasting comedy shows”

Hope they will have box set for Curb your enthusiasm!!

Announced quite a while back along with already launched Sky Crime.

http://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-to-launch-sky-crime-and-sky-comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I bought a Now TV stick last month with one months Sky Sports and Sports Extra

It's due to expire next week as I immediately set it to cancel after I originally activated it.

Will I be able to get more half price offers or would I have to use an alternative email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I bought a Now TV stick last month with one months Sky Sports and Sports Extra

It's due to expire next week as I immediately set it to cancel after I originally activated it.

Will I be able to get more half price offers or would I have to use an alternative email address?

You can sign up for whatever offers they have as long as you’re not currently subscribed (eg if your subscription ends on Jan 20th, then you can’t take up any offers until you cancel it and it lapses (after jan 20))

I got a good deal on sports this time last year and dipped in again for the same period now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Can Now TV be used anywhere in EU once paid for in Ireland with an Irish card or bank account as per EU law?

Since I moved to Poland I now have a player+ (Canal+ version of now tv) subscription and this can be used anywhere in the EU (Including sports channels) if it is paid with a Polish card or bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

yes. but every 30 days you have to access now tv from ireland and if you are roaming you cannot buy passess or apply vouchers this can only be done in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Butson

Looking at the RTE player in the App section.
    Can you watch RTE live there? Do you need to sign in maybe? Don't see an option

You can watch both Virgin Media and Channel 4 live on their apps, clearly says "watch live" on both

thanks in advance

The law (the Portability Regulation) is only meant to allow you to take your services abroad temporarily - on holiday or a short business trip. It doesn’t and was never intended to abolish geoblocking completely.

I just purchased a new Now TV stick with one months Sky Sports from a seller on Adverts.

It appears the stick is a UK one and I'm not able to activate the free one months sports to my existing Irish account.

Does anyone know a solution or have I been ripped off with a non Irish Now TV stick?

Please help? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I just purchased a new Now TV stick with one months Sky Sports from a seller on Adverts.

It appears the stick is a UK one and I'm not able to activate the free one months sports to my existing Irish account.

Does anyone know a solution or have I been ripped off with a non Irish Now TV stick?

Please help? :(

Is there any way you can use a VPN so you can access through a UK server?

el_gaucho wrote: »
    Is there any way you can use a VPN so you can access through a UK server?

I have a VPN on some devices but not on my Eir fiber router.

I established it is a UK stick and Now tv staff checked the serial number and said it won't work here

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tall chapy

Guys, I am having an issue adding a voucher bought from an Genuine Irish retailer, issue arises when I click to confirm. Any ideas, contacted support, answered their questions then nothing...

tall chapy wrote: »
    Guys, I am having an issue adding a voucher bought from an Genuine Irish retailer, issue arises when I click to confirm. Any ideas, contacted support, answered their questions then nothing...

That's what happened to me.

They checked my serial number and confirmed it's a UK one and won't work here. They advised me to return it and request a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

How good is RTÉ Player on the Now TV stick? I have Now TV on on Apple TV and stream RTÉ Player from my iPad but the quality is awful. It’s always stopping and disconnecting. I’d get a Now TV stick if the RTÉ Player quality was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭SomeDude

How good is RTÉ Player on the Now TV stick? I have Now TV on on Apple TV and stream RTÉ Player from my iPad but the quality is awful. It’s always stopping and disconnecting. I’d get a Now TV stick if the RTÉ Player quality was good.

You can’t play live RTÉ channels on it as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

From experience it's awful on the Now TV stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

lertsnim wrote: »

Seems like it's just awful in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

lertsnim wrote: »

Having problems with the stick alright after years of flawless PS3/4 and LG TV app use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Can someone confirm if the NowTV entertainment pass @ €15 per month is in HD 1080p? I can't figure it out at all from their site.

Advertisement