Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

That dark line is an upper feature (dry intrusion) and is not related to the surface front. The Airmass RGB is a better indicator of airmass differences.

Ah, that makes sense, though the surface obs still have me flummoxed, and observationally, there didn't seem to be any change in the air mass at all post front. No change in cloud structure either (waving low based altostratus all day & evening) + the heat & humidity last night had me stressin', which is one of the reasons of my pedantic ire on this most pressing of issues. :D

New Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

33°c at Heathrow I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Its warmer here in Arklow today than any day during the 'spell'

Do ya hear that cold front!
    That's the peculiar East Wicklow climate for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Beautiful big convective stuff starting to build northwest of Athlone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭pauldry

Was 25c in Rosses Pt earlier n swam in sea 3 times until I saw 2 jellyfish and swam ashore in record time

Sunshine was very strong

Im definitely burnt even with the sunblock

"Down" to 22c now n cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Some heat and sunshine out there this evening after the thunder and rain this morning. SPF for the kids this pm. Meath. Is it really forecast to be that miserable tomorrow for an outdoor gig. Boo hoo. I thought at the top of the week the forecast was in reverse for Saturday and Sunday. I was obviously reading what I wanted it to be. Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Ah, that makes sense, though the surface obs still have me flummoxed, and observationally, there didn't seem to be any change in the air mass at all post front. No change in cloud structure either (waving low based altostratus all day & evening) + the heat & humidity last night had me stressin', which is one of the reasons of my pedantic ire on this most pressing of issues. :D

It was a subtle front alright but there is a slight veering of winds and reduction in dewpoints notable from the detailed hourly reports from e.g. Mullingar and later Casement, to name just two stations. The real difference is visible from the theta-e and Q-vector-divergence charts, which are much more useful when pinpointing fronts.

2019062900_5.gif

2019062900_11.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Today's maxima

22.7 - Gurteen, Mullingar
    22.6 - Ballyhaise
    22.1 - Oak Park
    22.0 - Shannon
    17.1 - Malin Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

The sky here in North county Dublin looks like it's bubbling up again.

Meanwhile a TS is on the go in Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

We had some rain and a little thunder this morning here in Dublin 11. There was 0.2mm of rain recorded at about 7am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭lolie

Serious convection gone up now northeast of here, wide picture doesnt half do it justice.
    IMG-20190629-194815.jpg

Look at how quickly it built up.
    https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

JCX BXC wrote: »
    33°c at Heathrow I see.

Seems to be the only hot day Britain got out of this heat wave. UK and Ireland really got away with it when you consider the temperatures on the continent. Paris was 14 degrees hotter than London on many of the days. Admittedly Paris would always be warmer than London but that was a huge contrast over the past week or two. I was in New York in recent days, so hot over there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Temperatures across Spain and France lowering from tomorrow to more normal levels by Monday.

The heat looks like it's going to build again and get very intense over Spain from next Thursday to the following Monday, perhaps a 4 day heatwave, but this time it won't extend as far north into France.

I'll be in Murcia from Wednesday till next Sunday so i'll probably get to experience some fairly high temperatures.

Advertisement