Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Very sticky fingers after that rack of ribs and chips. Probably should have had a finger bowl. Cleaned myself up with a facecloth and sink full of water.:D But by jaysus it was so good.

I have never cooked my own ribs. Do you just look for baby back ribs? How long in the oven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going on the 5th Bottle of Corona

Moving to cans of Carlsberg after that for some reason can't drink over 5 bottles of Corona.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Don't miss a trick on pork ribs.

Douse them in lime and a liberal sprinkling of white plain flour. Most importantly, slow cook the phuck out of them. You want that succulent honied pork dripping off the bone. I roast with fresh red chilli, a squeeze of lime and Maple syrup

Wash down with freezing cold ice tea infused with cinnamon and dried clementine. White rum optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast chicken for dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have never cooked my own ribs. Do you just look for baby back ribs? How long in the oven?

My butcher does the rack in a vacum pack with the membrane removed. 140 degrees in the oven for 3 hours covered in foil. I then turn off the oven and leave the rack for another hour. I smear in sauce before I cook them so they are really tender but crispy. I pour more sauce on when I serve if I want the sticky fingers effect. You can also cook without the sauce and add it towards the end of the cooking time. Try them some time. You won't regret it. Really simple and don't share.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Mince with onion,carrots,green beans and potatoes.all steamed.

A real Irish Sunday dinner and it shot straight to the spot. Mash, garlic spuds, peas, a thick slice of slow roasted beef with a bog standard bisto gravy on top.

IMG-20210110-164511.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Had a sh1te dinner today. Was supposed to have a southern fried chicken thighs, rice (with cardamon & cloves) & a side veg dish with okra & green lentils.

Dont know what was going on. Made three batches of rice. First was too salty. The second was destined to have not enough salt:rolleyes:, but then it wasn't cooked right either. Third time lucky..... eh no... Fcuked that one up too.

So it was just chicken & a bit of meh cooked tomatoy veg the side :o

Cup of tea & Galaxy chocolate mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Roast fillet of venison, I've been looking forward to this particular piece since I butchered it and froze it some time back, it would have made a good few individual steaks but was put aside for a roast.

Herself did everything and added some carrots and onions to the roast just so they could be used to flavor the jus, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and blackberry jam were also used, no stock and no granules. The juices were slowly added to a roux of butter and flour. I have to say she did the animal justice which is something we always try to do.

A bottle of Shiraz was shared and there was a few crackers with cheese for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Roast fillet of venison, I've been looking forward to this particular piece since I butchered it and froze it some time back, it would have made a good few individual steaks but was put aside for a roast.

Herself did everything and added some carrots and onions to the roast just so they could be used to flavor the jus, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and blackberry jam were also used, no stock and no granules. The juices were slowly added to a roux of butter and flour. I have to say she did the animal justice which is something we always try to do.

A bottle of Shiraz was shared and there was a few crackers with cheese for dessert.

That looks mouth wateringly delicious rows

bassy wrote: »
    That looks mouth wateringly delicious rows

The picture doesn't really do it justice bassy, it was out of this world.

I'll be out at dawn again in the morning looking for more.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Great hunks of meat you guys :eek:

The picture doesn't really do it justice bassy, it was out of this world.

I'll be out at dawn again in the morning looking for more.

Oh deer...........lol

Pizza with 10 toppings.

Nfdy9nT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Turkey, red cheddar and rocket sandwich on wholegrain bread with mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.

• Advertisement

Pizza with 10 toppings.

Nfdy9nT.jpg

That looks awesome Surreptitious.

I was reading a thread this morning about favourite takeaways and some people said a margherita pizza, I was like WTF is wrong with these people?

That looks awesome Surreptitious.

I was reading a thread this morning about favourite takeaways and some people said a margherita pizza, I was like WTF is wrong with these people?

It was very tasty. It wasn't a take away though it's shop bought but one of the nicer ones.

It was very tasty. It wasn't a take away though it's shop bought but one of the nicer ones.

Did you add toppings S.? It looks gorgeous .

Did you add toppings S.? It looks gorgeous .

No it comes with the 10 toppings. It is just the right size as well. You would be full but not overly stuffed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tomato, lentil and chilli soup.

IMG-20210111-074044.jpg

• Advertisement

Chicken breast fillet with asparagus and brown rice and all steam cooked.

I really enjoyed the asparagus will be buying it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

No it comes with the 10 toppings. It is just the right size as well. You would be full but not overly stuffed.

Would never have thought that was shop bought, please tell which amazing shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Late night veggie roast

Not long over a fine dining experience of Toasted ham sandwich on batch bread, with a bit of English mustard and a bowl of Avonmore chicken and veg soup :)

Rack of ribs. Pre cooked, so reheated and spicy wedges. Very satisfying lads! Glass of bainne to wash it down. Not so sticky as not homemade in a sense.

I drove past Supermac's and my favourite Chinese and didn't give in. This belly is going down!

I have a lasagne in the oven though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭XLR 8

Danny Maple bacon yummy . Its thin as f*k and you could actually read a newspaper through it - but damn its tasty.

I drove past Supermac's and my favourite Chinese and didn't give in. This belly is going down!

I have a lasagne in the oven though.[
    /QUOTE]

I lol'd at that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Toasted ham, cheese and onion bagel :)

earlier i had boiled eggs with onions brown rice and tomatoes,now having a bag of aldi multipack cinema style popcorn its delicious

• Advertisement

I boiled a whole head of cabbage today for tonight's dinner and then the freezer. I'm the only one in the house who eats it Baked a lovely ham fillet in the oven and made a big pot of mash. So it's ham, mash and cabbage with a drop of gravy. It's basic but as many of you will know, feckin delicious. I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow as we are planning a junk food dinner.:D

I boiled a whole head of cabbage today for tonight's dinner and then the freezer. I'm the only one in the house who eats it Baked a lovely ham fillet in the oven and made a big pot of mash. So it's ham, mash and cabbage with a drop of gravy. It's basic but as many of you will know, feckin delicious. I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow as we are planning a junk food dinner.:D

i was reared up on cabbage mash and ham G

i was reared up on cabbage mash and ham G

So was I Bassy! Or Corned beef for some reason. I'm eating cabbage since a young lad and never went away from it. Mrs G and Ms G had mushy peas with theirs. (Rows Grower will fooking want to kill me for that.:D) A really simple and tasty meal though.

I love the spicy food meals, but always come back to a bog standard Irish dinner because it's wholesome every now and again. Junk food tomorrow!:D

Smarties :D

Herself had the parent /teachers meeting online this afternoon so it was my turn to pay homage to the local organic produce.

Backstrap of venison (marinated in olive oil, soya sauce, worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, smoked paparika, crushed garlic and ground black pepper with a dropeen of Southern Comfort thrown in to the mix) pan fried with chestnut mushrooms and some chips made from Maris Pipers for a change. A cherry tomato for a bit of colour on the plate.

There were no complaints, I'll finish off the bottle of red now while herself watches her soaps. Oh yeah, a Malteser Reindeer from the freezer for dessert.

Herself had the parent /teachers meeting online this afternoon so it was my turn to pay homage to the local organic produce.

Backstrap of venison (marinated in olive oil, soya sauce, worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, smoked paparika, crushed garlic and ground black pepper with a dropeen of Southern Comfort thrown in to the mix) pan fried with chestnut mushrooms and some chips made from Maris Pipers for a change. A cherry tomato for a bit of colour on the plate.

There were no complaints, I'll finish off the bottle of red now while herself watches her soaps. Oh yeah, a Malteser Reindeer from the freezer for dessert.

Chinese takeaway here tonight. Fed the troops and kept mine back until I enjoy some ice cold beers and once again try to recreate post beers takeaway. Enjoy that wine!

chicken breast with potato,onions carrots green beans and all steam cooked.

Chinese takeaway here tonight. Fed the troops and kept mine back until I enjoy some ice cold beers and once again try to recreate post beers takeaway. Enjoy that wine!

Our Chinese takeaway is a 246km round trip, we've been eating out of there for 25+ years. Usually would have it at least once a month but this Covid lark has shagged it.

Like yourself when we get it everyone eats alone, none of that talking nonsense when there is a chinky to be smashed. 15 minutes later then and we're all in the kitchen with empty plates and big smiles.

We had one just before Christmas so the withdrawal symptoms haven't kicked in yet.

chicken breast with potato,onions carrots green beans and all steam cooked.

Jaysus Christ man, the weight is fallin' off ya.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Christ man, the weight is fallin' off ya.

im trying rows im trying,said i would give it a go as its a new year and try lose some weight.if i can lose a stone or bit more i,ll be delighted :)

Roast beef, mashed potatoes and peas :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Roast beef, mashed potatoes and peas :)

What's your address? Had similar on Sunday last and would try it again. Do you have gravy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

What's your address? Had similar on Sunday last and would try it again. Do you have gravy?
    BYOG

( bring your own gravy )

I used the gravy from the beef over the potatoes, I’m afraid I’m over the 5km away. Highlight of my day is deciding what to have for dinner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »
    I used the gravy from the beef over the potatoes, I’m afraid I’m over the 5km away. Highlight of my day is deciding what to have for dinner :D

Dunno..
    Hard to see that this would not be the very definition of an essential journey :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Meltdown called for a Thai Takeaway

Chicken fillet bap with lettuce, tomato and mayo on seeded bun. Cup of tea.

I specifically went into the shop to buy turkey sausages and they were sold out so I got Denny meat free ones instead. Will try them in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

A nice big lump of ham. Plenty of mashed potatoes. Parsley sauce. And a carrot and parsnip mash from the garden.
    I think I'm going off meat though. I prefer the potato and veg to the meat. I might try a few meat free days.

A bag of Banshee bones now :)

potato with mince,asparagas,carrots,onions and green beans,all steam cooked and a pint of water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement