Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sausage, rashers, black pudding and spuds for dinner.

Now G&T and a mint crisp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Wow you guys are lucky. I'm just here at home eating ****ty African rice and beans. Would rather starve to and eat tasty pizza once a week than eat this crap everyday. Mother is a terrible cook.

African rice & beans sounds good to me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    African rice & beans sounds good to me!

Nah, trust me it's not. My mother doesn't know how to flavour the food. It's just boiled and cooked with unhealthy white rice.

Nah, trust me it's not. My mother doesn't know how to flavour the food. It's just boiled and cooked with unhealthy white rice.

When you get your own place, you can cook and eat whatever you like but until then you have what's cooked. At least that's how it used to be in our house.

What did you cook while they were away for a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Or cook yourself if you know what needs to be done? One of life's most valuableand overlooked skills is to be able to taste and cook and learn about food thru experience, makes a whole different dimension to meals when you care about how it's made and tastes.

Fried lambs liver with lashings of salt and pepper with crusty buttery bread with a sauce made from the leftover juices and butter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Tucked up in bed with some garlic bread

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Ordered a Chinese and can’t remember what I ordered lol but will be eating whatever comes

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Ordered a Chinese and can’t remember what I ordered lol but will be eating whatever comes

Well it usually all tastes the same!

I would tend to go for Kung Po or whatever has chilli.

I could not eat my parents food when I was a young kid. It was a problem. Boiled everything but with potatoes instead of rice. Have a look at the nostalgic food thread!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Fresh fruit smoothie

• Advertisement

Having a bottle of Guinness (left over from making the Christmas puddings) while waiting on a pork fillet to roast. Potatoes, broccoli, celery and carrots from the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Chicken and vegetable wrap and a glass of bainne.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Philly steak sandwich. Lots of Chips. Nicked a small bit of cod fillet that Mrs G left over. Little G left nothing on her plate so no luck there.

Brunch out earlier was a club sandwich. Headin for a few pints now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

baked potato with a tiny bit of melted gorgonzola and a cupla glasses savignon blanc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Been on the porridge and coffee all week, had a nice mixed grill with a couple of fried eggs and fresh bread this morning.

Had a lovely homemade roast beef dinner and a bar of Cadbury's Oreo peanut butter out of the fridge was dessert.

On the green tea now, back to the porridge tomorrow.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    yer killin' me grandeeod...

just finished my first try at a pumpkin latte (and hungry now!)

Don't say that DB! And WTF is Pumpkin Latte????

I would seriously love to cook you a meal and steam it live on Boards! Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just had pan grilled beef 'medallions' (whatever that means) with fried and some burnt onions with 1/2 of a very fresh cauliflower with a thick mature cheddar cheese sauce, with dijon mustard and Worchester sauce.

Now on one piece of dark chocolate and coffee with cream.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I just had pan grilled beef 'medallions' (whatever that means) with fried and some burnt onions with 1/2 of a very fresh cauliflower with a thick mature cheddar cheese sauce, with dijon mustard and Worchester sauce.

Now on one piece of dark chocolate and coffee with cream.

Round beef yokes with over done onions and cheesy cauliflower. A few funny sauces in the mix too. Feck all wrong with that! :D

I waiting for my pizza and chips delivery, can only have ham topping as I'm sharing, not one bit impressed tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I waiting for my pizza and chips delivery, can only have ham topping as I'm sharing, not one bit impressed tbh.

Meanwhile a kid in Somalia is waiting for his daily flies for breakfast to be delivered from the cow dung a mile away :D

• Advertisement

Meanwhile a kid in Somalia is waiting for his daily flies for breakfast to be delivered from the cow dung a mile away :D

Well my pizza tasted like ****e compared to usual..that'll teach me not to eat when there are starving people in the world. 😛

A bowl of rice with some chicken curry with onions topped over it. A bowl of chips beside it. Some salt too. It's all good.:D Thank you Mr. Takeaway!

The dribbles of my last beer.

And what's your point in this innocent thread? Are you a troll or genuine poster?

Prawn Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice (made with Green Saffron Jar - v. good) and 2 mini Garlic and Coriandor Nans

Fruit soaking in tea to make the Boards Tea Brack Recipe.

anewme wrote: »
    Prawn Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice (made with Green Saffron Jar - v. good) and 2 mini Garlic and Coriandor Nans

Fruit soaking in tea to make the Boards Tea Brack Recipe.

Must try the green saffron jars. Have only used the spices. I like them but a tad pricey.

One of my friends went to Nepal on holiday and brought me back loads of spices! There will be curry...

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Must try the green saffron jars. Have only used the spices. I like them but a tad pricey.

One of my friends went to Nepal on holiday and brought me back loads of spices! There will be curry...

Prefer the Green Saffron spice packets (mad about their lentil Dahl and Bombay Potato packets) but the jars are well handy.

Fried off a few onions, poured in the Tikka sauce and some creme fraiche and a few prawns and all done in about 10 minutes.

Tasted better than a 10 minute job.

Striploin steak. Roasted carrot and parsnip. Peas. Mash potatoes. Undecided about gravy or pepper sauce

Beer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

2 jumbo sausages cut in half, mushy white pudding , a very drippy fried egg, 1 large fried mushroom squished flat and all placed in a brioche burger bun. Smeared with chef red sauce.

Followed by about 5 bars of chocolate around 9. Maybe 7 bars if something good is on.

More beer.

• Advertisement

Mashed spuds,garlic spuds,mixed frozen veg,pork chops and parsley sauce..pears,rice and icecream, tea/coffee and biscuits...my parents have huge appetites for their age,nothing left on any plate ,they eat absolutely everything...I had a fork full of garlic spuds,a tiny pear and the pear juice..no appetite atm.

Advertisement