Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lots of drama here today, but managed to fry up a steak and gonna have it with shop bought mash, peas and beef gravy. Need it badly!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Lots of drama here today, but managed to fry up a steak and gonna have it with shop bought mash, peas and beef gravy. Need it badly!

I haven't eaten a steak since I was a teenager.. I'm 46!

I've had good beef in burger form, that was OK.

Not sure where I should start.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I haven't eaten a steak since I was a teenager.. I'm 46!

I've had good beef in burger form, that was OK.

Not sure where I should start.

Start with a Sirloin IC. Pan fried but only if you want to. I go through phases with steak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Latte

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Start with a Sirloin IC. Pan fried but only if you want to. I go through phases with steak.

I don't even understand the vocabulary.
    Might ask the guys in English market.

I have had stewing beef before for stew, that was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Homemade chicken thai red curry with boiled rice, real chips and Aldi poppadoms.

The teenager is after falling asleep since he came in from school so I ate about half his chips too. If you snooze you lose.

Desert was another Aldi special, a slice of Belgian chocolate cheesecake that was made in Kerry.

Jaysus lad's it's wild outside.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Boiled egg (courtesy of my friends foster hen)and McCambridge brown bread for the third night in a row, haven't had a boiled egg in ages but these are delicious.

Beer gone. Chicken Rendang and rice demolished. A Cadbury's Caramello for afters. I am soooo worth it.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside Bar-B-Q steak shortly

Fathom wrote: »
    Poolside Bar-B-Q steak shortly

Text on the eircode.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Fresh fruit smoothie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mince pies just out of the oven and a cold bottle of Miller.

Mince pies just out of the oven and a cold bottle of Miller.

No home made mince pies for me. Only Mr Kipling. But right now it's some Stollen cake. A Christmas time fave. A can of Tuborg with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Porridge and coffee

Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

After moving onto the spice beef sandwiches. Reaching critical meat intake levels

Just finished the goose dinner with the family. Was fun sitting there with the kids as they reminisced over the good times they had with their dinner. Feeding it - playing with it - funny things it did. Not often you get to sit and reminisce about good times spent with your meal :)

Cheesy scrambled eggs with slices of turkey, toast and tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tea and toast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

cheese toastie and tea for breakfast

chips and dip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Nutella and strawberry pancakes at the request of my son for breakfast,.

Leftover lamb, stuffing and coleslaw sambo for lunch.

Dinner provided by the MIL was a huge sharing cheeseboard including a baked camembert, a heap of cooked meats and a variety of hummus.

On another leftover sambo with stuffed turkey leg and coleslaw now.

Usually find it hard to let go and eat all the food like that, but I love Xmas for this reason :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I feel like an absolute pig. The plan was for a healthy enough breakfast and skip a main dinner and just have ham and turkey sandwiches but it never happened.

Fry for breakfast - sausages, rashers, fried eggs, pudding and chopped tinned tomatoes and bread.
    Then celebration sweets. Then mince pies, then king crisps. Then friend dropped by with Big Mac meal, then another mince pie and packet of crisps. Having a glass of Baileys and bed, while thinking of detox ASAP.

In honour of our newly arrived guest (who at the moment is having a nap after a long journey) I've done a red thai vegetable curry which is simmering away nicely in the wok.

Sliced and stir fried mushrooms, red, green and yellow peppers, red onion, carrots, garlic, jalapenos with added red thai paste and light coconut milk will be served with egg fried rice and soft tacos. The aroma in the kitchen here is making me confident us carnivores will enjoy it as much as the guest.

As a reward for my endeavours I shall probably finish the bottle of white wine I've just opened before we dine, but there's plenty more for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Turkey, stuffing , beans and chips followed by pudding and custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Rice pudding

Pan fried sirloin steak and sliced. Fried red pepper chunks. Sezhuan sauce on top. Chips.

Bier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Crispy bacon sambo with homemade coleslaw. A nice strong coffee on the side to wash it down

Advertisement