Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    Fresh scones, warm from the oven, dripping with best butter and topped with home made blackberry jam.....

Used love picking blackas from the hedges when I was a kid, my parents made jam from them. Buckets of jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Graces7 wrote: »
    Fresh scones, warm from the oven, dripping with best butter and topped with home made blackberry jam.....

That sounds so so good graces hope ur well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Used love picking blackas from the hedges when I was a kid, my parents made jam from them. Buckets of jam.

The crop has been huge and I was still eating jam from last year.. My fridge is full of jam....there is something very... fulfilling about diligently picking berries to sustain you in winter. Blackberries have a natural antibiotic too...

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    That sounds so so good graces hope ur well

Coping ;) Just... coping! Thank you.. Which is all I need to do so that is fine... The cats make me happy...

Yesterday I was knitting abed etc as usual and talking to one of the smaller black cats who was curled up asleep half way down the bed...

I reached out a hand to stroke her , and realised it was not the cat, but a huge ball of black wool! ever feel a fool!

But laughter is a huge happy. And simple fresh made food is a part of life that matters...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Chicken Maryland, stuffing, chips, peas, coleslaw and a tin of Club Orange Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mash, fried onions and mushrooms,peas and a big feck off striploin steak. Gravy too.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

igCorcaigh - I love the meals you post. Keep on posting please.
    Baked pepper with couscous, halloumi and Greek salad.

Tea and toffypops now had a chicken casserole for dinner - anyone else think chicken casserole is a bit weird like a stew with chicken instead of beef .... weirds me out a bit

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Tea and toffypops now had a chicken casserole for dinner - anyone else think chicken casserole is a bit weird like a stew with chicken instead of beef .... weirds me out a bit

Chicken casserole is great! Mash on the side too. But Chicken Chasseur is even better with lots of cherry tomatoes!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Chicken casserole is great! Mash on the side too. But Chicken Chasseur is even better with lots of cherry tomatoes!

And it was lovely just my brain thinking it should be beef :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Well what will you be having for dinner tonight?

I'm making a big batch of chilli. There'll be enough for 6 portions, so 4 will be frozen then 2 for the wife and myself served with greenbeans, rice and some garlic bread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Michael Cahill used to have this as a feature on his 2FM show in the 90s.

(If this thread becomes popular this post will sit here like a lead balloon :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Couple of fillet steaks with mushroom and onion, basted in sage and rosemary butter, with boiled baby spuds and garden peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I am eating goose for dinner tonight, jimgoose to be exact.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I am eating goose for dinner tonight, jimgoose to be exact.

You can shag off! My people have been oppressed and butchered by the likes of you for too long!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'll be having a Foie gras and chicken liver parfait with madeira jelly and brioche accompanied by a glass of Lidls finest Chardonnay.

I'm dead posh me :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    You can shag off! My people have been oppressed and butchered by the likes of you for too long!! :(
    My apologies jim, I feel bad now so I won't eat you for dinner.
    I am going to eat Rubberchikken instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Seafood and Chorizo Paella.....you can leave out prawns and squid if you dont like them .. delicious. Have it once a week.
    All done to Donal Skehan recipe if you want to google it

My apologies jim, I feel bad now so won't eat you for dinner.
    I am going to eat Rubberchikken instead.

Or may I recommend magret de canard l'orange? There's a local butcher down here selling a pre-seasoned Barbary duck breast fillets for 7.99 a pair.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Or may I recommend magret de canard l'orange? There's a local butcher down here selling a pre-seasoned Barbary duck breast fillets for 7.99 a pair.
    Thank you for the recommendation but I just have a real craving to eat a Boards.ie user with some kind of food in their name for my dinner. Won't cost me any money either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Raiding the larder today. Beans in the microwave! Descaling a couple of sardines as we speak

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Raiding the larder today. Beans in the microwave! Descaling a couple of sardines as we speak

Fresh sardines?
    How do you deal with the bones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting ready to do an omelette with eggs a neighbour sent over, veg and potatoes from the garden and freshly baked brown bread.

Stewing up another batch of apples for the freezer, but may have some with custard after dinner.

Lazy pizza and sausage rolls night here ! But a lovely Italian meat and fresh cheeses pizza . Little bird having broccoli baked beans grated cheese and a bagel ! Don’t ask :-0

Middle of the night/early breakfast of beans and sausage bites and coffee.. too cold to sleep.. had a delicious meal earlier of baked potato, grated raw apple with cottage cheese. A favourite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thank you for the recommendation but I just have a real craving to eat a Boards.ie user with some kind of food in their name for my dinner. Won't cost me any money either!

Keep away from me!

small baked potato and three fish fingers... been one of those days ..best not to ask... and that was all I could deal with... :rolleyes::eek::cool:

going to find something seriously sweet and sticky and crash..

Not long over a takeaway from the Chinese. Chicken curry, rice and chips. Bog standard but hit the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A nice cold bottle of Budweiser from the fridge, awaiting delivery of a big greasy burger, chips and onion rings from the takeaway :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Wow you guys are lucky. I'm just here at home eating ****ty African rice and beans. Would rather starve to and eat tasty pizza once a week than eat this crap everyday. Mother is a terrible cook.

Advertisement