Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi LillySV

I am not technical support so cannot advise you fully in that regard I am afraid. They can be spoken to directly on 1908 to get assistance and to have a technician booked if necessary (which it looks like it is considering they spend so long trying to troubleshoot the issue for you yesterday).

If you prefer not to call, then please feel free to PM me your account nuber and I will have somebody call you directly.

Thanks

Jason

LillySV wrote: »
    ..is there no way i can get this sorted as my gfriend has exams monday and she needs internet to help look at notes and other useful material!!

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Hi Jason,
    I am currently a UPC customer but only for my television service. I am on what appears to be an old package called digital select costing €29.50 per month.
    If I were to upgrade to the Fibre Power Essential bundle would you be able to tell me what set up charges I would be liable for? Are there any discounts to be had for upgrading through the Boards.ie link?
    Also are monthly charges for this service paid in advance or retrospectively?
    Finally, do I have to cancel my existing phone service with my current provider or will UPC do that for me, similarly to how utility companies set up new accounts? I assume that I can keep my existing land line number?

Thanks in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Hi Jason,

I'm hoping you can help, as i'm belwidered at figuring out the cost!

My parents are thinking of changing from Sky, and definately UTV. They currently have Sky sports and HD and Multi-room.

They will be new UPC customers, however, there are 2 old NTL connections in the house, one in the front room and one in the bedroom. There is none in the main room. They would like a HD Box in the main room, and the front room, and a normal box in the bedroom. They want sky sports on all boxes, as well as normal channels to include the likes of the art channel. 25mb Broadband is fine, which would need to be installed in the Main room. The front room and bedroom are the mult-room's, not the main room.

So .... How much for each of the boxes? How much installation costs? Whats the monthly cost? How long a contract are they tied into?

If they sign up through boards, they get half price for 4 months and a €50 voucher for DID. If they sign up in DID, they get a €250 voucher - do they still get to avail of the 4 months half-price? Are there any other benefits to signing up with boards, seeing as the installation fee is no longer waived?

Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Danda99

I spent over half an hour in Jervis PC World today trying to sign up for the Fibre/ phone option. They could not log in to process the order, and told me three times (different sales assistants) that I would not be eligible for the 250 euro voucher anyway if I don't get a tv package.

Surely that isn't correct? I had gone into town especially with ID, household bills etc but came away wishing I hadn't bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Hi Jason, I would like to avail of your broadband bundle with phone (since I have SKY already and locked into a contract), however using your checker, it appears that phone is not available in my area yet. It also means that if I avail of brandband only, there is also an additional standalone charge for € a month.

2 questions, can the standalone charge be waived (since I wish to avail of phone bundle but just not available in my area), am I still eligible for voucher if I ordered broadband only? Thx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cappichino

Hi Jason,
    My son and his friends will be renting a house for the 9 month academic year in Galway from September. Are there any student offers from UPC that last 9 not 12 months? The UPC cable is installed as previous tenants must of had it . Does this mean they are exempt from a set up charge? Also as broadband and tv is what they want , can they get a package without phone as they all have their own mobile?

Hi there pcasso

We can of course switch you to the Fibre Essential bundle if that is your preference. You will need a modem, so that will incur a €45 activation charge. If you need a new phone you can order that too from us for a charge of €30 (However as you already have a phone you may not require that)
    You can keep your number,you just need to fill in a porting form with us and we will do the rest.

You will be charged a month in advance and a prorate charge back to the day you get installed.

There are no discounts available, however, I would be happy to offer you a €50 voucher if you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer as a gesture.

Thanks

Jason
    pcasso wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I am currently a UPC customer but only for my television service. I am on what appears to be an old package called digital select costing €29.50 per month.
    If I were to upgrade to the Fibre Power Essential bundle would you be able to tell me what set up charges I would be liable for? Are there any discounts to be had for upgrading through the Boards.ie link?
    Also are monthly charges for this service paid in advance or retrospectively?
    Finally, do I have to cancel my existing phone service with my current provider or will UPC do that for me, similarly to how utility companies set up new accounts? I assume that I can keep my existing land line number?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi there

If they order via boards they will get all services 1/2 prices for 4 months & a €50 voucher. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If they order in DID they will get a €250 voucher but they will not get 1/2 price services for 4 months. www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Both offers have their own strong merits.

Cost - Example

Fibre Essential HD + 2 additional points.
    Has 25mb Broadband. Digital Select Extra TV c/w ESPN HD, Setanta HD + 84 Channels http://www.upc.ie/television/ - Plus Home phone with Anywhere 100 call pack (100 minutes a month to mobiles, landlines & selected International locations) - costing €71 per month
    Sky Sports costs €33.54 extra
    2 x extra multiroom boxes costing €10 per month (you will have all channels on these)
    Total cost of €114.54
    (If you need a new room cabled, it may incur an additional charge of €60)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    alowe wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm hoping you can help, as i'm belwidered at figuring out the cost!

My parents are thinking of changing from Sky, and definately UTV. They currently have Sky sports and HD and Multi-room.

They will be new UPC customers, however, there are 2 old NTL connections in the house, one in the front room and one in the bedroom. There is none in the main room. They would like a HD Box in the main room, and the front room, and a normal box in the bedroom. They want sky sports on all boxes, as well as normal channels to include the likes of the art channel. 25mb Broadband is fine, which would need to be installed in the Main room. The front room and bedroom are the mult-room's, not the main room.

So .... How much for each of the boxes? How much installation costs? Whats the monthly cost? How long a contract are they tied into?

If they sign up through boards, they get half price for 4 months and a €50 voucher for DID. If they sign up in DID, they get a €250 voucher - do they still get to avail of the 4 months half-price? Are there any other benefits to signing up with boards, seeing as the installation fee is no longer waived?

Thanks for help.

Hi there ADSLUSER

If you want broadband and do not take an additional product then the standalone charge is automatically applied to your account by our systems and cannot be waived I am afraid.

Regards

Jason
    ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I would like to avail of your broadband bundle with phone (since I have SKY already and locked into a contract), however using your checker, it appears that phone is not available in my area yet. It also means that if I avail of brandband only, there is also an additional standalone charge for € a month.

2 questions, can the standalone charge be waived (since I wish to avail of phone bundle but just not available in my area), am I still eligible for voucher if I ordered broadband only? Thx.

Thanks Jason
    A few further questions for you if you don't mind.
    We do as you say have an existing landline phone. How do I know if it is compatible with the UPC system.
    I also have a modem plugged into an old eircom supplied landline and an additional wireless modem. Can they be used instead of purchasing a UPC one?
    Finally can you answer my original question re whether UPC cancel my existing phone and broadband account with my current provider similarly to what utility providers do when setting up a new account?

Thanks again in anticipation.
    UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi there pcasso

We can of course switch you to the Fibre Essential bundle if that is your preference. You will need a modem, so that will incur a €45 activation charge. If you need a new phone you can order that too from us for a charge of €30 (However as you already have a phone you may not require that)
    You can keep your number,you just need to fill in a porting form with us and we will do the rest.

You will be charged a month in advance and a prorate charge back to the day you get installed.

There are no discounts available, however, I would be happy to offer you a €50 voucher if you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer as a gesture.

Thanks

Jason

• Advertisement

Hi there

We previously did run a student offer like that however, this year there are no plans to reintroduce it at this stage. My best advise would be to order a new bundle here on boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer or in Carphone Warehouse, and they will be able to offer it 1/2 price for 4 months, plus they are supplementing that offer in store with additional offers.

I hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    cappichino wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    My son and his friends will be renting a house for the 9 month academic year in Galway from September. Are there any student offers from UPC that last 9 not 12 months? The UPC cable is installed as previous tenants must of had it . Does this mean they are exempt from a set up charge? Also as broadband and tv is what they want , can they get a package without phone as they all have their own mobile?

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Hi there ADSLUSER

If you want broadband and do not take an additional product then the standalone charge is automatically applied to your account by our systems and cannot be waived I am afraid.

Regards

Jason
    Thanks Jason. However, would I be still eligible for the €50 voucher and 4 months 1/2 price if I opt for one service only i.e. BB?

Hi pcasso

No worries

We use Siemens DECT wireless handsets, however, most standard DECT phones on the market are compatible with our service. (if you have a wireless phone, once you receive your UPC equipment, just plug it into the back of the router, in the standard phone jack to test. If you need to order one from us, you can do that at any stage by calling 1908.

Your old eircom modems and sockets will not work once you move to UPC as we use our own cables.

We advise all broadband customers to cancel that directly with their current provider in advance. (not their phone line) The porting form you fill out with us will allow us transfer your number from eircom.

Hope that helps

Jason
    Thanks Jason
    A few further questions for you if you don't mind.
    We do as you say have an existing landline phone. How do I know if it is compatible with the UPC system.
    I also have a modem plugged into an old eircom supplied landline and an additional wireless modem. Can they be used instead of purchasing a UPC one?
    Finally can you answer my original question re whether UPC cancel my existing phone and broadband account with my current provider similarly to what utility providers do when setting up a new account?

Thanks again in anticipation.

HI again

To qualify for the boards offer you must order a new customer bundle (Broadband/phone or TV/Broadband/Phone) www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Thanks Jason. However, would I be still eligible for the €50 voucher and 4 months 1/2 price if I opt for one service only i.e. BB?

Thanks for all of that Jason. Appreciate your help.
    From all of this I take it that my total set up costs will be the charge for the new modem. Would that be correct?
    I will look at cancelling my account with current phone/broadband provider and go about ordering the new UPC service through your link provided.
    Bye the way, do you have a rough idea how long it will take between ordering the new service and having it installed? I am on Dublin's Northside if that has any bearing on the matter.
    Cheers
    Hi pcasso

No worries

We use Siemens DECT wireless handsets, however, most standard DECT phones on the market are compatible with our service. (if you have a wireless phone, once you receive your UPC equipment, just plug it into the back of the router, in the standard phone jack to test. If you need to order one from us, you can do that at any stage by calling 1908.

Your old eircom modems and sockets will not work once you move to UPC as we use our own cables.

We advise all broadband customers to cancel that directly with their current provider in advance. (not their phone line) The porting form you fill out with us will allow us transfer your number from eircom.

Hope that helps

Jason

Hi again

Yes, if you upgrade to the aforementioned bundle you will be charged €45 activation fee for your new broadband modem. Order now and you can be connected within 48 hours. (my guys will confirm all when they call you to confirm)

Cheers

Jason
    Thanks for all of that Jason. Appreciate your help.
    From all of this I take it that my total set up costs will be the charge for the new modem. Would that be correct?
    I will look at cancelling my account with current phone/broadband provider and go about ordering the new UPC service through your link provided.
    Bye the way, do you have a rough idea how long it will take between ordering the new service and having it installed? I am on Dublin's Northside if that has any bearing on the matter.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pcrossiter

Hi Jason, Got my first bill from this boards offer with the 66euro/month bundle with first four months half price. I'm a bit confused about it though, was wondering could you clarify something. The total for the first bill came to 152.14, with 11 extra days before the billing period. It still doesn't add up for me though, can you break down how exactly this figure came from? I would have thought 90euro activation + 33euro for first month = 123. Then 11 days at half price = 11(33)/28 = 12.96 so the total price would be 123 + 12.96 = 135.96... ? It has the months discount down as '16.30' instead of '33.00' so i'm confused...
    Invoice # 50873383−00

Hi there pcrossiter

I have no access to our billing system to give you a direct answer, best bet is to call 1908 and go to that team for an explaination. I can tell you however, that we prorate your bill back to the day you got installed. So you will be billed for the first month, plus activation fee's, plus billed back to the day you got installed, all on the first bill. (so depending on the day you got installed, there could be a lot of days you are not allowing for in your calculation)

I hope that helps

Thanks

Jason
    pcrossiter wrote: »
    Hi Jason, Got my first bill from this boards offer with the 66euro/month bundle with first four months half price. I'm a bit confused about it though, was wondering could you clarify something. The total for the first bill came to 152.14, with 11 extra days before the billing period. It still doesn't add up for me though, can you break down how exactly this figure came from? I would have thought 90euro activation + 33euro for first month = 123. Then 11 days at half price = 11(33)/28 = 12.96 so the total price would be 123 + 12.96 = 135.96... ? It has the months discount down as '16.30' instead of '33.00' so i'm confused...
    Invoice # 50873383−00

Thanks, there were 11 days before the first billing period which I accounted for in my calculation so i'm still lost! The bill has listed for those 11 days a discount of 5.73, and for the other whole month a discount of 16.30 (shouldn't that be 33euro though! half of the 66 euro?) - Ok i'll try contact that number...
    Hi there pcrossiter

I have no access to our billing system to give you a direct answer, best bet is to call 1908 and go to that team for an explaination. I can tell you however, that we prorate your bill back to the day you got installed. So you will be billed for the first month, plus activation fee's, plus billed back to the day you got installed, all on the first bill. (so depending on the day you got installed, there could be a lot of days you are not allowing for in your calculation)

I hope that helps

Thanks

Jason

Just to update incase anybody starting an account is reading. I did actually get overcharged on my invoice by 17.52 euro. They said they'll credit it to my account next time. I'm far from impressed and will now have to check every single invoice in future as this would not have been picked up had I not queried it. Also the fact that you get a 'You first bill will be high' video etc. is very misleading I was totally doubting myself. Hopefully this was an isolated incident.

Hi there pcrossiter

I hope that helps

Thanks

Jason

• Advertisement

Hi Jason

Can you confirm as per my earlier post that PC World should be offering the 250 euro voucher with a fibre broadband/phone package.
    Thanks

Hi Danda99

Sorry for the delay. No, the offer in PC World is that they offer a €250 voucher if you order a new triple play bundle (Digital TV, Broadband & Phone) and they offer a €125 voucher if you order a new Broadband & phone bundle www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Danda99 wrote: »
    Hi Jason

Can you confirm as per my earlier post that PC World should be offering the 250 euro voucher with a fibre broadband/phone package.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

hi Jason,

Thanks for that clarification. While I understand the monthly costs now, how much will they have to pay for installtions, boxes, and activations. They will need a modem, 2 HD UPC boxes, and 1 standard box.

thanks
    Hi there

If they order via boards they will get all services 1/2 prices for 4 months & a €50 voucher. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If they order in DID they will get a €250 voucher but they will not get 1/2 price services for 4 months. www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Both offers have their own strong merits.

Cost - Example

Fibre Essential HD + 2 additional points.
    Has 25mb Broadband. Digital Select Extra TV c/w ESPN HD, Setanta HD + 84 Channels http://www.upc.ie/television/ - Plus Home phone with Anywhere 100 call pack (100 minutes a month to mobiles, landlines & selected International locations) - costing €71 per month
    Sky Sports costs €33.54 extra
    2 x extra multiroom boxes costing €10 per month (you will have all channels on these)
    Total cost of €114.54
    (If you need a new room cabled, it may incur an additional charge of €60)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Hi again alowe

We have a €45 activation charge for any new box you get installed (TV set top box & modem)

You do not pay us for the boxes, that is included in your subscription charge and we maintain the box for you.

Installation is free once you have a UPC cable point in the room. If you require us to cable a new room for example, we have a €60 installation charge in that instance.

I hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    alowe wrote: »
    hi Jason,

Thanks for that clarification. While I understand the monthly costs now, how much will they have to pay for installtions, boxes, and activations. They will need a modem, 2 HD UPC boxes, and 1 standard box.

thanks

Thanks Jason,

Looks like Boards offer works out better value for package without tv, so I will use the link.

Cheers, Danda

Good stuff Danda

FYI - You might consider our TV now that we just launched SKY HD Channels today? http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UPClaunches21newHDChannels%20.pdf

19 HD channels for just €5 extra per month

Regards

Jason
    Danda99 wrote: »
    Thanks Jason,

Looks like Boards offer works out better value for package without tv, so I will use the link.

Cheers, Danda

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Hi Jason,

I had posted a few weeks back on this but didn't get any reply at the time.

I'm currently a Digital Value+ customer with multiroom and now that you've updated Bray I am looking to add Phone and Broadband.

My questions are
    a) if I sign up for Fibre Power Essential with multiroom will I qualify for the 4 months half price that you detail in your signature or is there any incentive available for existing customers
    b) can I add Anytime World to this package

Thanks

Hi there antomack

The boards offer is available for new customers only currently. We can however offer you the fibre essential bundle as an existing customer for that price, or you could order in either DID Electrical (in Bray) or Currys/PC World (Carrickmines?) and get a €125 voucher www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Thanks, hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    antomack wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I had posted a few weeks back on this but didn't get any reply at the time.

I'm currently a Digital Value+ customer with multiroom and now that you've updated Bray I am looking to add Phone and Broadband.

My questions are
    a) if I sign up for Fibre Power Essential with multiroom will I qualify for the 4 months half price that you detail in your signature or is there any incentive available for existing customers
    b) can I add Anytime World to this package

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply but what's the story in relation to adding Anytime World on to Fibre Power Essential?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi antomack

No problem whatsoever, if you prefer to change you call pack from Anywhere 100 (standard in Fibre Power Essential) to Anytime World, you can do so for an additional €5 per month

Regards

Jason
    antomack wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply but what's the story in relation to adding Anytime World on to Fibre Power Essential?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement