Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

Hi Jason

Will be moving back shortly to my house which was rented. He has upc broadband etc. I will only require the broadband from what he has. Is there anything he needs to leave there that will save me money if I connect? I dont think upc is available where he is moving to so he may leave the modem. Would be hoping to avail of a student offer if it comes out also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi there

We have no specific student offer this year, as we have already strong offers out there, for example www.upc.ie/retailoffer and also here on boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (1/2 price for 4 months and a €50 voucher)

We do not have any connection charges, however we do charge €45 activation fee to activate a new box, when you are setting up (regardless of whether the modem is already in place.)

Thanks

Regards

Jason

McSween wrote: »
    Hi Jason

Will be moving back shortly to my house which was rented. He has upc broadband etc. I will only require the broadband from what he has. Is there anything he needs to leave there that will save me money if I connect? I dont think upc is available where he is moving to so he may leave the modem. Would be hoping to avail of a student offer if it comes out also

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭smilgy

Hi Jason, just wondering if you could answer a question for me. I've just had a UPC representative knock on my door saying that I can have huge savings if I switched my broadband to UPC. Unfortunately as the bill payer was not in the house nothing could be done and the man said he'll be back in a few days. When he left, I went on the website to check if broadband was available in my area and it turns out it wasn't. Went on chat to one of the UPC people and the lady confirmed that it wasn't available in my area. What gives? I live in the Enfield area btw.

Hi smilgy

I am very curious about this, as UPC do not have any door to door representatives anymore. Did he show you ID? If he comes back it would be very interesting to see who he works for, because it is not UPC. (Please call my team on 1890940635 and ask to speak to urgently me if he returns, so we can advise our anti fraud team)

In relation to availability in Enfield, UPC unfortunately have no broadband available currently, we do however have Digital TV available over aerial.

Thanks for your query.

Regards

Jason

smilgy wrote: »
    Hi Jason, just wondering if you could answer a question for me. I've just had a UPC representative knock on my door saying that I can have huge savings if I switched my broadband to UPC. Unfortunately as the bill payer was not in the house nothing could be done and the man said he'll be back in a few days. When he left, I went on the website to check if broadband was available in my area and it turns out it wasn't. Went on chat to one of the UPC people and the lady confirmed that it wasn't available in my area. What gives? I live in the Enfield area btw.

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭smilgy

Thank you very much for informing me. I knew something was fishy once I checked the website and saw that it wasn't available in my area. He is due to return on Monday and if he does I'll let you guys know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Does the €66 package come with a wireless router??

Hi there Hailhail1967

Yes it does indeed. And if you order it here via boards you will get it half price for 4 months and a €50 voucher www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Does the €66 package come with a wireless router??

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fe1sagain

Hi Jason

Is it possible to avail of either UPC offer Boards.ie/Retail but not to have the phone included or is it all 3 phone, tv and broadband. I have no use for the landline.

I would nearly prefer to upgrade tv package and pay the excess.

Thanks

Hi there fe1sagain

All current UPC offers available are all bundle driven, meaning that phone and broadband are part of the offering. (and all include free local, National, International & Mobile calls as part of the bundle)

You can of course order TV & Broadband only, however, in this instance, the bundle offers will be unavailable to you I am afraid.

Thanks

Jason
    fe1sagain wrote: »
    Hi Jason

Is it possible to avail of either UPC offer Boards.ie/Retail but not to have the phone included or is it all 3 phone, tv and broadband. I have no use for the landline.

I would nearly prefer to upgrade tv package and pay the excess.

Thanks

I assume you need to buy your own phone to go with the bundle? Will any phone at all do?

• Advertisement

Hi Hailhail1967

Most standard dect phones will work with our service. If you need to order one however, we do supply a siemens gigaset wireless handset for just €30, which is less than what they cost in the shops, just let us know.

Thanks again

Jason
    I assume you need to buy your own phone to go with the bundle? Will any phone at all do?

Thanks for the quick and to the point answers Jason.

Last one I promise. I am moving into my new place on sept 10th, can I order now for the 10th to avail of the 4 months half price offer? Or is it going to be extended or another offer starting on sept 1st?

No worries. You can of course order now, and we will arange delivery in line with you moving in www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Enjoy

Many thanks

Jason
    Thanks for the quick and to the point answers Jason.

Last one I promise. I am moving into my new place on sept 10th, can I order now for the 10th to avail of the 4 months half price offer? Or is it going to be extended or another offer starting on sept 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Hi Jason,
    Quick question, can I avail of the boards or in store offer if just adding broadband to existing digital max tv package(no phone available in area)? Also, how much would it cost to have existing internal tv point moved to another location(ie from entering back of house to front)?
    Thanks

Hi Tarquin1970

If you have a TV point in the other room already, we will fit a new UPC point there FOC once the cable is up to standard, however, if you need a new room cabled, we charge €60 to do that.

All current offers are new customer bundle driven, (All UPC bundles must have phone in there)

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    Quick question, can I avail of the boards or in store offer if just adding broadband to existing digital max tv package(no phone available in area)? Also, how much would it cost to have existing internal tv point moved to another location(ie from entering back of house to front)?
    Thanks

- For all customer service queries, please contact

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've just ordered UPC over the phone the other day, the installation pack came yesterday,

Am I too late to avail of the 50 euro voucher ? :(

Hi TiltedBrain

I am afraid as you didnt order via the dedicted boards order link there is no way to retrospectively apply the offer. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer - Sorry about that.

Regards

Jason
    I've just ordered UPC over the phone the other day, the installation pack came yesterday,

Am I too late to avail of the 50 euro voucher ? :(

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Tarquin1970

If you have a TV point in the other room already, we will fit a new UPC point there FOC once the cable is up to standard, however, if you need a new room cabled, we charge €60 to do that.

All current offers are new customer bundle driven, (All UPC bundles must have phone in there)

Thanks

Regards

Jason

Thanks Jason,
    Unfortunately, UPC can't give me a date for when the phone will be available in my area which is a pity as I'm trying to get away from Vodafone.

Thanks

Tarquin1970

Drop me a PM with your address and I will see if I can get you an approximate date. (One way or the other)

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks Jason,
    Unfortunately, UPC can't give me a date for when the phone will be available in my area which is a pity as I'm trying to get away from Vodafone.

Thanks

Thanks Jason,

PM sent

• Advertisement

Thanks Jason,

PM sent

Bump!

Hi Tarquin1970

Still waiting on word back from the networks team, leave it with me.

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GaryM

Hi Jason, is it secure to enter my bank details onto this page?

I don't see https?

Hi there GaryM

I am not technical, but have been advised the system uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive information. If you prefer to call to place your order that is also fine. Just call 1890940635 and say you are ordering via the boards offer, and my team will look after you directly, mention I said this on boards

Thanks

Jason
    GaryM wrote: »
    Hi Jason, is it secure to enter my bank details onto this page?

I don't see https?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pcrossiter

Hi again - CHECK YOUR BILLS EVERYBODY !! I've just be overcharged AGAIN on my second bill. The calculation errors are embarrassing. "Half price discount" - 20.04. (Ehm, what? Did a five year old do that calculation?) - worst thing is that wasn't the only calculation error on the bill. Was overcharged by 17.52 in the first month and got an apology and a reassurance that it wouldn't happen again. Been overcharged 12.96 this month. Unbelievably unprofessional. Put it up on my facebook and several friends responded that they too are being over-charged. You should all check your bills every month as likely some of you are also being over charged.

pcrossiter

If you prefer to pass me your account details by PM I would be happy to pass them to a billing manager to help.

Best advice is to call 1908 and get to our billing team, who will talk you through your bill.

First bills are always difficult to understand as the price you see for a month (and are expecting to pay) isn't necessarily what you get billed on the first month. You will be billed for a month plus a prorata rate per day back to the day you got installed. Also, the intro offers (half price) etc dont alway commence on day 1 of your billing cycle, it depends again on the day you got installed. It is complicated, that is why I suggest you talk directly with the billing team - and if there has been an error, I can assure you it will get corrected for you. Either way, this is not a billing thread, it is a reward thread for boards users to get a bonus offer.

Thanks

Jason
    pcrossiter wrote: »
    The calculation errors are embarrassing. "Half price discount" - 20.04. (Ehm, what? Did a five year old do that calculation?) - worst thing is that wasn't the only calculation error on the bill. .

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Hi Jason

What is the €90 once off fee for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 claredoylo

Hi Jason just wondering is it still free installation for broadbrand if I order it via this site?
    Thanks Clare.

Hi there

We have a €45 per box activation fee. I presume you have ordered TV & Broadband?

If so you will have a €90 activation charge applied

Thanks

Jason
    kellsred wrote: »
    Hi Jason

What is the €90 once off fee for?

• Advertisement

Hi claredoylo

UPC have a standard €45 activation charge per box, regardless of where you order it.

Thanks

Jason
    claredoylo wrote: »
    Hi Jason just wondering is it still free installation for broadbrand if I order it via this site?
    Thanks Clare.

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement