Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Mearings

Yes, our triple play & broadband bundles currently being sold include the freetime World call pack as standard. You can move to the Anywhere 100 pack at any stage if you prefer that option, which includes 100 minutes to any network mobile, local, National & International destinations (to selected destinations) Better still, for an extra €5 you can add an extra 100 minutes and move to the Anywhere 200 pack.

Many thanks

Regards

Jason
    Mearings wrote: »
    To Jason, Just had a look at 1st 'My Charges Summary' & note that I am on Freetime World Pack which I have discovered gives:-

"3. Freetime World - provides free off-peak (Mon to Fri 7.01pm to 6.59am and any time at weekends) local and national fixed landline calls and 400 off-peak international minutes per month to fixed landline numbers (excludes calls to mobile, premium rate, SMS and non geographic numbers) in selected 21 international destinations, standard rates apply thereafter."

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/117[/QUOTE]

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Jason
    What the story about the phone options in you fibre bundle
    I have an eircom broadband/phone option that allow free off peak calls. Why is this not part of the bundles you are offering, particularly when it is an option under you phone options. What is with the 100 minutes offer it's hardly mentioning. Is your Free time world not available in your fibre bundle?

Hi MartinCorcoran

You have a choice of two phone packs in the broadband bundles.

You can choose either:

Freetime World
    FREE off peak calls to local, national and selected international destinations
    Cheaper calls than eircom to landlines and mobiles
    No line rental
    DSP allowance included (if eligible)
    All the usual Phone features- voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding etc
    International destinations each month,
    (or upgrade to anytime calls for an extra €5 per month)

or;

Anywhere 100
    100 minutes of FREE calls anytime to Irish mobiles, local, national and selected international destinations
    No line rental
    (or upgrade to 200 minutes for an extra €5 per month)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Jason
    What the story about the phone options in you fibre bundle
    I have an eircom broadband/phone option that allow free off peak calls. Why is this not part of the bundles you are offering, particularly when it is an option under you phone options. What is with the 100 minutes offer it's hardly mentioning. Is your Free time world not available in your fibre bundle?

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Jason
    There is no Freetime World option on the fibre bundles advertised on your website. All three options option are the 100 minutes option, which is a complete non runner.

martin

Hi MartinCorcoran

If you want the bundle mentioned above, then order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my team will talk you through your options

It is however listed on our website here http://www.upc.ie/phone/freetimeworld/
    Thanks

Jason
    Jason
    There is no Freetime World option on the fibre bundles advertised on your website. All three options option are the 100 minutes option, which is a complete non runner.

martin

• Advertisement

Jason
    I realise it is in your phone option, but it is not shown in your bundle offer. I await contact from your rep

Hi Boardies

In line with offering you guys the same offer as our own website, effective immediately, any new orders that come in via this boards exclusive link will get 1/2 price bundles for the first 4 months, plus, as you are ordering via boards, you will also get a €50 voucher to spend in either Carphone Warehouse or D.I.D Electrical. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer . Please note however, free activation no longer applies.

Many thanks

Jason

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Hi Jason.
    I am very interested in the new offer of half-price for four months. With the €50 voucher included it may even work out better than the €250 voucher availablke in-store in Curry's.

I am looking at the "Fibre Power Max" bundle at €71 per month. However, you mention that free activation is no longer included. Can you please tell me what the activation costs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I am a member here for the last year.. recently signed up to UPC (A month ago).

Any way i can claim this by proving both?

Hi Lombardo86

Unfortunately in order to qualify for this offer, you must have originally ordered via the offer link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, there is no way of retro applying the offer now I am afraid.

Regards

Jason
    Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I am a member here for the last year.. recently signed up to UPC (A month ago).

Any way i can claim this by proving both?

• Advertisement

Hi paddym1

Sure, no worries. Standard activation is €45 per box. On the Fibre Essential bundle that means you will have €90 added to your first bill (whether you order it here, on our website or in Currys)

Thanks

Jason
    paddym1 wrote: »
    Hi Jason.
    I am very interested in the new offer of half-price for four months. With the €50 voucher included it may even work out better than the €250 voucher availablke in-store in Curry's.

I am looking at the "Fibre Power Max" bundle at €71 per month. However, you mention that free activation is no longer included. Can you please tell me what the activation costs are.

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Hi,
    Any offers out there for free set up/activation. I am being quoted 185euro installation which seems very very steep! This is for a TV phone and broadband set up. I currently have TV with box in living room already.

Cheers
    JJ

Hi Jacob55

would you mind advising exactly what you are getting done and who quoted you that amount as I cannot calculate how you could be quoted €185?

We do not have any deals currently to waive installation charges and activation fee's I am afraid.

The maximum activation charge is €45 per box. If you are getting phone with broadband, then all you will pay is €45.

Thanks

Jason
    Jacob55 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any offers out there for free set up/activation. I am being quoted 185euro installation which seems very very steep! This is for a TV phone and broadband set up. I currently have TV with box in living room already.

Cheers
    JJ

Hi Jason,
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    The quote was over the phone (I went through the DID offer) but was shocked at the installation charge.

Currently we have digital TV in the living room with a box.
    Now we want to get Digital Plus in two rooms, broadband and telephone.
    So the €185 includes the two new digital boxes, replacing the terminal where the cable comes into the house and cabling for the TV box in another room.

Was there free installation last week (as per your old boards signature)? We applied through DID well over a week ago but it took ages for UPC to get in touch (and then only after a few calls to DID who apologised as it was their fault).

Thanks for your assistance.
    JJ

Hi Jacob55

There has never been free activation when ordering in DID or any other retail partner of ours I am afraid.

You are not however just ordering new equipment, you need wiring done to get service working in another room. The cost to cable a room and install a connection point from UPC when required, is now €60 (since Monday last), we will not charge to repair the connection point in your main room if it is required.

You are also adding 3 x new boxes, (2 extra tv set top boxes and a modem), which will cost you an additional €45 per box. ( €135)

This actually totals €195. On the flip side, as you are ordering a new broadband bundle in DID, then you will get a €125 voucher off them to spend in-store www.upc.ie/retailoffer

I hope this clarifies the position.

Thanks

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    The quote was over the phone (I went through the DID offer) but was shocked at the installation charge.

Currently we have digital TV in the living room with a box.
    Now we want to get Digital Plus in two rooms, broadband and telephone.
    So the €185 includes the two new digital boxes, replacing the terminal where the cable comes into the house and cabling for the TV box in another room.

Was there free installation last week (as per your old boards signature)? We applied through DID well over a week ago but it took ages for UPC to get in touch (and then only after a few calls to DID who apologised as it was their fault).

Thanks for your assistance.
    JJ

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Hi again,
    thanks for clarifying the issue. It is still a lot of money. Are there any options for self install of any of the boxes?

Cheers
    JJ

Jacob55

Not in your instance JJ as you need a technician to call out to cable your house, so he will complete all the installations at the same time

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    Hi again,
    thanks for clarifying the issue. It is still a lot of money. Are there any options for self install of any of the boxes?

Cheers
    JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Currently have UPC Digital TV, looking to add UPC Broadband to move from Eircom - just wondering why the activation fee on self-install broadband & why the prices have increased & the 20MB option removed??

Hi ven0m

We have always had an activation fee on broadband, even when a customer opted to self install their equipment. (there was an online discount until recently, however that has since been discontinued).

20 Mb broadband can still be ordered if you would like it , it will cost you €25.41 per month, please ordrer via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my guys will load it for you.

Many thanks

Regards

Jason
    ven0m wrote: »
    Currently have UPC Digital TV, looking to add UPC Broadband to move from Eircom - just wondering why the activation fee on self-install broadband & why the prices have increased & the 20MB option removed??

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi ven0m

We have always had an activation fee on broadband, even when a customer opted to self install their equipment. (there was an online discount until recently, however that has since been discontinued).

20 Mb broadband can still be ordered if you would like it , it will cost you €25.41 per month, please ordrer via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my guys will load it for you.

Many thanks

Regards

Jason

The activation fee is really the crux of the issue - it's 2012, not the 1990's. In my own industry customers laugh at "activation" or "set-up" fees, & we'll waive them to take the business in where there's a real objection ...... is there no way to waive that fee?

• Advertisement

Hi ven0m

Sorry, it is standard now. It cannot be waived.

Regards

Jason
    ven0m wrote: »
    The activation fee is really the crux of the issue - it's 2012, not the 1990's. In my own industry customers laugh at "activation" or "set-up" fees, & we'll waive them to take the business in where there's a real objection ...... is there no way to waive that fee?

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

Hi Boardies

In line with offering you guys the same offer as our own website, effective immediately, any new orders that come in via this boards exclusive link will get 1/2 price bundles for the first 4 months, plus, as you are ordering via boards, you will also get a €50 voucher to spend in either Carphone Warehouse or D.I.D Electrical. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer . Please note however, free activation no longer applies.

Many thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

I am looking to get just broadband (25MB) and Digital TV Value. Is it possible to get this or do I have to go in for a bundle. Can you please let me know what the cost of this combo would be and if it would qualify for the boards offer.

Thanks!

Hi fatb0y

Digital Value+ with 25mb broadband will cost you €50.81 per month. Order via boards here and you will get a €50 voucher www.upc.ie/boardsoffer.

To qualify for the 1/2 price for the first 4 months offer however, you must order a bundle.

Fibre Essential costs €33 per month for the first 4 months then €66 per month. It has our Digital Select Extra + TV service (Has ESPN included), 25mb Broadband and Home phone with Anywhere 100 call pack. You will also get a €50 voucher if you order via boards here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

I hope that helps

Cheers

Jason
    fatb0y wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I am looking to get just broadband (25MB) and Digital TV Value. Is it possible to get this or do I have to go in for a bundle. Can you please let me know what the cost of this combo would be and if it would qualify for the boards offer.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

Thanks Jason, that helps clarify!
    Hi fatb0y

Digital Value+ with 25mb broadband will cost you €50.81 per month. Order via boards here and you will get a €50 voucher www.upc.ie/boardsoffer.

To qualify for the 1/2 price for the first 4 months offer however, you must order a bundle.

Fibre Essential costs €33 per month for the first 4 months then €66 per month. It has our Digital Select Extra + TV service (Has ESPN included), 25mb Broadband and Home phone with Anywhere 100 call pack. You will also get a €50 voucher if you order via boards here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

I hope that helps

Cheers

Jason

Hi ven0m

Sorry, it is standard now. It cannot be waived.

Regards

Jason

wow, just utterly wow. :eek: Thanks for clarifying, but as soon as my TV contract is up in the next few months, I won't be renewing my service contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinAlert

Hi,
    Can you help me with the following.
    I currently have Basic Digital TV.
    What are the upgrade costs to the following:
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone.
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.
    25 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.

Thanks in advance for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nolanc1

Hi Jason,

A quick query on the boards offer..
    I currently have the analogue TV service from UPC. What do I qualify for if I opt for the Fibre essential bundle?
    Thanks

Hi there DublinAlert

No problem at all, here you go...

20 meg Broadband + Home Phone. = €31.51 per month
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.= €43.71 per month
    25 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.= €47 per month

Regards

Jason
    Hi,
    Can you help me with the following.
    I currently have Basic Digital TV.
    What are the upgrade costs to the following:
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone.
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.
    25 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi nolanc1

We would be delighted to offer you a €50 voucher from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical if you order via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    nolanc1 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

A quick query on the boards offer..
    I currently have the analogue TV service from UPC. What do I qualify for if I opt for the Fibre essential bundle?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Mcnage01

Hi Jason, I've just moved out and I was looking to get the €66 package and the €250 retail voucher offer.
    But apparently my address is not setup for the phone (despite being setup for everything else including tv on demand), so we can't get the package. We were told if we wanted to get the tv and broadband package (no phone) it would cost us almost €70, plus we couldn't avail of the €250 voucher. Obviously this isn't great value!

If we sign up through boards, can we avail of the €50 and 4mths half price?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement