Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Hi Jason.

Was wondering if you could help me please. I recently inquired about getting broadband in my area ( Ashbourne ) only to be told the television service is there, not the internet. Is there any chance of it coming out here soon or am I going to have to enter another yearly contract with another supplier. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Cathal

I can confirm your activation charges will be waived by ordering via the boards link. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Please place your order and my team will call you to confirm all aspects, if you are not happy with any element you are free to decide not to proceed.

Thanks

Jason
    cathalj wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Thanks for your reply. Just so there can be no misunderstanding can I confirm with you that by 'waive your activation charges', you mean that I will not face any one-off charges whatsoever ?
    Regards
    Cathal.

Hi daytob

We are currently upgrading Ashbourne and have released considerable parts of the town already. I cant confirm without your full address. If you want to know if you have been upgraded feel free to email my team direct on retailsales@upc.ie and they will check for you

Regards

Jason
    daytob wrote: »
    Hi Jason.

Was wondering if you could help me please. I recently inquired about getting broadband in my area ( Ashbourne ) only to be told the television service is there, not the internet. Is there any chance of it coming out here soon or am I going to have to enter another yearly contract with another supplier. :(

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Cathal

I can confirm your activation charges will be waived by ordering via the boards link. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Please place your order and my team will call you to confirm all aspects, if you are not happy with any element you are free to decide not to proceed.

Thanks

Jason
    cathalj wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Thanks for your reply. Just so there can be no misunderstanding can I confirm with you that by 'waive your activation charges', you mean that I will not face any one-off charges whatsoever ?
    Regards
    Cathal.

Hi Jason,
    Bit of a vague answer to a direct question there! I must say, I find your activation/installation/one-off charges very confusing and misleading. I will make contact with your team & see how I get on. I will post my experience here after.
    Thanks
    Cathal.

Hi Jason,
    I emailed my address off to retailsales@upc.ie and it was them that told me that I couldnt get the internet here. So any idea when its coming to my area * best to put all of ashbourne

• Advertisement

Hi daytob

If the guys advised you that it is not yet available and couldn't advise a release date, that means your estate is most likely not yet cabled, so an immediate release date is unlikely I am afraid (as my guys can see release dates that have been scheduled in)

Sorry we cant be more specific at this stage.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    I emailed my address off to retailsales@upc.ie and it was them that told me that I couldnt get the internet here. So any idea when its coming to my area * best to put all of ashbourne

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Hi Jason,
    How do I claim the voucher?
    It's been a few months now and still nothing

Hi noelpat

It generally gets posted our registered within 30 days. Please call my team on 1890940635 and they will chase up an post to see what happened to it for you

Thanks

Jason
    noelpat wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    How do I claim the voucher?
    It's been a few months now and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Just got €92 from Fatcheese for signing up to UPC through them. Bit of a wait though, I signed up in November 2011 and payment was quoted as April 2012. Got paid yesterday.

You get more for a tv/internet/phone package.

I only got the internet/phone package.

Hi Jason,
    wondering if you can help me.
    about 6 days ago I contacted cs on the supplied email and was told when I entered by address that broadband isnt in the area and wont be for a while, now 2day someone from upc has called to my door telling me that it is now in the area. I dont wish to break my contract with magnet if it means I dont have broadband just cos someone calls at the door. Can you tell me how cs couldnt tell me that it was in the area, or is this some sort of rouse because I enquired?
    it all seems a bit strange to me
    how can that be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Old maps:)
    Next time call them and ask them to come in to check. Same was with me - on website it was available when they came in it wasnt - sorry. But I was able after few calls to "force" them to put new cable from other street(50m from my house).

Hi daytob

It could be that your address has just been released for service. We are constantly upgrading our network, and continue to invest to try get as many people able to receive fibre power services.

If you would like a definitive answer, please feel free to email my team with your full address and details on retailsales@upc.ie ( or just fill in the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer ) and my team will check it out for you

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    wondering if you can help me.
    about 6 days ago I contacted cs on the supplied email and was told when I entered by address that broadband isnt in the area and wont be for a while, now 2day someone from upc has called to my door telling me that it is now in the area. I dont wish to break my contract with magnet if it means I dont have broadband just cos someone calls at the door. Can you tell me how cs couldnt tell me that it was in the area, or is this some sort of rouse because I enquired?
    it all seems a bit strange to me
    how can that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

Sorry, looks like your estate was never cabled by your builder, we are supplying homes in there with digital TV by aerial, unfortunately, without cable we cannot provide broadband/phone. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long for it to get cabled.

Hi, any update on the availability of UPC cable services (broadband and TV) to the Old Quarter estates in Ballincollig, Co Cork? It seems from the availability checker at UPC's webpage that the estates are not cabled yet for UPC, so that leaves us only with Eircom for broadband, and that means paying for broadband more than UPC is for (faster) broadband and TV.

If UPC is not yet available there, how does the company manage cabling new places, is this something they do after receiving enough demand from potential customers, is the company the one who cables first, and then customers come later, could the residents in the estate group together to make UPC available at the place even if the company didn't plan for it in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

dardhal wrote: »
    Hi, any update on the availability of UPC cable services (broadband and TV) to the Old Quarter estates in Ballincollig, Co Cork? It seems from the availability checker at UPC's webpage that the estates are not cabled yet for UPC, so that leaves us only with Eircom for broadband, and that means paying for broadband more than UPC is for (faster) broadband and TV.

If UPC is not yet available there, how does the company manage cabling new places, is this something they do after receiving enough demand from potential customers, is the company the one who cables first, and then customers come later, could the residents in the estate group together to make UPC available at the place even if the company didn't plan for it in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

It's a bit silly on my part to reply to myself, but still, I feel that making some effort myself will eventually pay off in the future, and in any case, this may be useful for other people.

I have been trying several Ballincollig addresses close to the mentioned Old Quarter development in the UPC availability page, and I have come up with the image shown below regarding full services being available (green delimited region) and no services available at all (red line).
    upcballincolligcoverage.png
    All being said, what are the chances of UPC extending their network to the area above? Thanks in advance.

PS: the areas marked in the image are only those where I have looked for addresses on the UPC availability page, areas outside of the ones shown and marked may have or not have availability of their services, but I have not checked myself.

Hi dardhal;

I can confirm that currently there is no cable network in that area, nor are there any dates visibile in our system to release services I am afraid.

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long. I will try get an update, and if so I will send you a PM

Regards

Jason

dardhal wrote: »
    It's a bit silly on my part to reply to myself, but still, I feel that making some effort myself will eventually pay off in the future, and in any case, this may be useful for other people.

I have been trying several Ballincollig addresses close to the mentioned Old Quarter development in the UPC availability page, and I have come up with the image shown below regarding full services being available (green delimited region) and no services available at all (red line).
    upcballincolligcoverage.png
    All being said, what are the chances of UPC extending their network to the area above? Thanks in advance.

PS: the areas marked in the image are only those where I have looked for addresses on the UPC availability page, areas outside of the ones shown and marked may have or not have availability of their services, but I have not checked myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭midship

Hi Jason,

My neighbour and I want to switch from sky and eircom to UPC but We have a problem.

The area and road is fully upgraded for UPCs fiber service however the upgrade was not complete for the last few terrace houses on my road including my house.

This was due to neighbour objecting to the installer replacing the cable accross the front of her house with the new fiber cable. However we have spoken to the neighbour in question and she has agred to now let UPC install the new cable that was left loose by the upgrade installers.

The problem is that we have been in contact with UPC numerous times to try and sort out the problem but no one seems to know what department is responsible for resolving the issue and I have been promised numerous call back which unfortunately havent materialised and I don't know what more we can do to get connected.

I would really appreciate it if you could look into the issue for us, I can provide you with my exact address via pm

Thanks

Hi there

I would be happy to try help, please pm me all the details of you and your neighbours, including phone numbers ect

Thanks

Jason
    midship wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

My neighbour and I want to switch from sky and eircom to UPC but We have a problem.

The area and road is fully upgraded for UPCs fiber service however the upgrade was not complete for the last few terrace houses on my road including my house.

This was due to neighbour objecting to the installer replacing the cable accross the front of her house with the new fiber cable. However we have spoken to the neighbour in question and she has agred to now let UPC install the new cable that was left loose by the upgrade installers.

The problem is that we have been in contact with UPC numerous times to try and sort out the problem but no one seems to know what department is responsible for resolving the issue and I have been promised numerous call back which unfortunately havent materialised and I don't know what more we can do to get connected.

I would really appreciate it if you could look into the issue for us, I can provide you with my exact address via pm

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 navanman40

Hi Jason !

I have tried your link above and filled in the details but when I click "Send" all I get is this page....

Error 404
    An error has occurred - page not found.

This could be because:

the URL is incorrect

there was an error in the page which referred you to this page

the link - e.g. a link from your favorites - is out of date

you were looking for a page on www.ntlworld.ie - if so, please note that this website is no longer active (for UPC Customer Support, please visit www.upc.ie).

Check the URL to make sure there are no typing errors. Remember to check upper and lower case and any punctuation. Alternatively, return to the Home Page or visit our Sitemap.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Is the Boards offer finished or is there a problem with the link ?

Thanks

Thanks navanman40 for the heads up.

I just tested it, and got the same, seems to be a small glitch.

I did however receive it on my end so the link is working, despite the error message.

I have reported to my IT team, I will post back again once confirmed all is resolved. You should receive a call from my team shortly to confirm your order

Cheers

Jason
    navanman40 wrote: »
    Hi Jason !

I have tried your link above and filled in the details but when I click "Send" all I get is this page....

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Is the Boards offer finished or is there a problem with the link ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 navanman40

Hi Jason !

I received a call from your team ok and got sorted.

Thanks for your help !

• Advertisement

Great stuff navanman40

I can confirm the link is back working again

Regards

Jason
    navanman40 wrote: »
    Hi Jason !

I received a call from your team ok and got sorted.

Thanks for your help !

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Hi Jason,

A little disappointed with the Boards offer. I received a cold call from UPC about moving my phone and broadband to you. I told the girl I would have a think about it but would most likely go ahead.

Decided to go ahead using the boards offer (until then had not confirmed going ahead with any UPC staff).

Got a call from UPC the following day and told her that I had put the Board details through and was going ahead.

Everything was sorted and the transfer is happening tomorrow.

Got a call today from someone different saying that they had my request from Boards but I had gone ahead so it was not applicable.

Explained above to the girl today and she said she would have to listen to recording of call. (Surely, the fact that I sent the Boards form in and the following day went ahead indicates that I was going through the Boards offer).

If she listens to the recording of the call, she will hear me mention Boards but its not a great initial experience and makes me wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Hi Im looking to get a price off you please. I want to get the fibre power ultimate bundle. with movie channels I also want to have tv in 4 rooms in total one downstairs and 3 upstairs. Can you tell me how much that will be a month and what it will cost to set up.

Thanks

Hi there sue97

If the boards order was loaded initially, and my team confirmed all aspects of the order with you then you will qualify for this offer. To confirm, please call my team on 1890 940635 and they can confirm for you. (If they tried loading the sale and it was already there from a previous transaction you had with UPC then I am afraid you will not qualify)

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    sue97 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

A little disappointed with the Boards offer. I received a cold call from UPC about moving my phone and broadband to you. I told the girl I would have a think about it but would most likely go ahead.

Decided to go ahead using the boards offer (until then had not confirmed going ahead with any UPC staff).

Got a call from UPC the following day and told her that I had put the Board details through and was going ahead.

Everything was sorted and the transfer is happening tomorrow.

Got a call today from someone different saying that they had my request from Boards but I had gone ahead so it was not applicable.

Explained above to the girl today and she said she would have to listen to recording of call. (Surely, the fact that I sent the Boards form in and the following day went ahead indicates that I was going through the Boards offer).

If she listens to the recording of the call, she will hear me mention Boards but its not a great initial experience and makes me wonder!

Hi danois

No problem whatsoever.

Fibre Ultimate costs €76 per month.
    Sky Movies costs €31.51 per month.
    3 additional boxes will cost you €15 per month.
    Total monthly charge will be €122.51 per month.

Order now via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free activation of all boxes and 1/2 price services for the first 2 months. (Plus a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical)

1 caviat. This assumes you have the other rooms cabled. If you do not then you will be required to pay a one off €50 per point, plus an additional €15 for each box for our installer to install them all.

I hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    danois wrote: »
    Hi Im looking to get a price off you please. I want to get the fibre power ultimate bundle. with movie channels I also want to have tv in 4 rooms in total one downstairs and 3 upstairs. Can you tell me how much that will be a month and what it will cost to set up.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Hi Jason, I've been trying to chase up a missing voucher via the retailsales@upc.ie address, but I have not heard anything back in a few days. I have a ticket number, could I have it looked into?

Hi there

As I dont have your account details, can you please call my team immediately on 1890940635 and they can chase it up for you straight away

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason, I've been trying to chase up a missing voucher via the retailsales@upc.ie address, but I have not heard anything back in a few days. I have a ticket number, could I have it looked into?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Hello Jason, I'm a new customer & I have the FP Essential bundle but I am unsure whether I have Phone Anywhere 100 or Phone Freetime World. I believe they are both the same price. The later is what would suit me. Do I have a choice? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Hi there

As I dont have your account details, can you please call my team immediately on 1890940635 and they can chase it up for you straight away

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

This seems to be sorted out now. I got a call from someone at DID, seems they were missing the first line of my address so the voucher got lost in the post. It's been voided and a new one issued.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Mearings wrote: »
    Hello Jason, I'm a new customer & I have the FP Essential bundle but I am unsure whether I have Phone Anywhere 100 or Phone Freetime World. I believe they are both the same price. The later is what would suit me. Do I have a choice? Thank you.

To Jason, Just had a look at 1st 'My Charges Summary' & note that I am on Freetime World Pack which I have discovered gives:-

"3. Freetime World - provides free off-peak (Mon to Fri 7.01pm to 6.59am and any time at weekends) local and national fixed landline calls and 400 off-peak international minutes per month to fixed landline numbers (excludes calls to mobile, premium rate, SMS and non geographic numbers) in selected 21 international destinations, standard rates apply thereafter."

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/117

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement