Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 claredoylo

Thanks Jason
    UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi claredoylo

UPC have a standard €45 activation charge per box, regardless of where you order it.

Thanks

Jason
    claredoylo wrote: »
    Hi Jason just wondering is it still free installation for broadbrand if I order it via this site?
    Thanks Clare.

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)
    - For all customer service queries, please contact

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pcrossiter

Jason - The first months bill was already a confirmed over charge and has been refunded but it has happened again. This month however, they are saying that the "4-months half price offer is applicable for Broadband & Telephony services only ,and that was the reason it was for €20.04 in the latest invoice" - Manoj, UPC customer care team.

I appreciate that this is a thread for your promotion, but if the above is indeed true, then your promotion is misleading. And if the above is not true, then new customers should be aware that their bills may be incorrect.

Jason, can you please confirm that the half price discount applies to the full amount of 66 euro and the monthly bill (separate to any pro-rata rate per day of any extra days in the first bill) should therefore be 33 euro? Or is it as above, and only part of the bundle turns out to be discounted?

- Thanks
    pcrossiter

If you prefer to pass me your account details by PM I would be happy to pass them to a billing manager to help.

Best advice is to call 1908 and get to our billing team, who will talk you through your bill.

First bills are always difficult to understand as the price you see for a month (and are expecting to pay) isn't necessarily what you get billed on the first month. You will be billed for a month plus a prorata rate per day back to the day you got installed. Also, the intro offers (half price) etc dont alway commence on day 1 of your billing cycle, it depends again on the day you got installed. It is complicated, that is why I suggest you talk directly with the billing team - and if there has been an error, I can assure you it will get corrected for you. Either way, this is not a billing thread, it is a reward thread for boards users to get a bonus offer.

Thanks

Jason

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GaryM

Hi Jason, the web order page uses https and so that is secure. the page on http://upc.ie/boardsoffer/ does not have https and therefore it is not secure. I would check with your technical team again.

I placed my order on the regular order page. Can I get this voucher as I wasn't satisfied that there page is secure and still am not. I'm sure you can understand why I would not want to send my banking details out to the world.

Thanks and let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi there

The discount will be half the monthly subscription for 4 months, so your €66 subscription will be €33 (your pro rata rate will not be discounted)

Thanks

Jason
    pcrossiter wrote: »
    Jason, can you please confirm that the half price discount applies to the full amount of 66 euro and the monthly bill (separate to any pro-rata rate per day of any extra days in the first bill) should therefore be 33 euro? Or is it as above, and only part of the bundle turns out to be discounted?

- Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Gary

If you dont order on the boards page you cannot qualify for the voucher. The terms are very clear.

You were offered a telephone number to call as you had concerns about security (unfounded, as the system we use to process these orders is SSL 128 bit encrypted )

Unfortunately you decided to order elsewhere, so it is impossible to apply the boards offer to your order I am afraid

Thanks

Jason
    GaryM wrote: »
    Hi Jason, the web order page uses https and so that is secure. the page on http://upc.ie/boardsoffer/ does not have https and therefore it is not secure. I would check with your technical team again.

I placed my order on the regular order page. Can I get this voucher as I wasn't satisfied that there page is secure and still am not. I'm sure you can understand why I would not want to send my banking details out to the world.

Thanks and let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GaryM

Hi Jason,

yes your main order pages uses SSL encryption but the order page http://upc.ie/boardsoffer does not. You can verify this by the fact there is no SSL certificate on that page and the page does not use https. Your system might you SSL encryption but this page does not. What evidence has your technical team offered to verify the security of this page?

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Hi Jason

Is it 50% off(4 months) the whole bundle i order?
    Going to go with Fibre power essential + Multi room + Sky sports HD package.

Thanks

Can someone confirm the above please.
    I would like to get this sorted today.

Hi Silver-Tiger

It is 1/2 price subscripton of your main bundle for 4 months (Fibre Powr Essential) - your premium sports and multiroom are standard pricing.

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason

Is it 50% off(4 months) the whole bundle i order?
    Going to go with Fibre power essential + Multi room + Sky sports HD package.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi All

In line with our introduction yesterday of 50mb Fibre Power Broadband as our ENTRY speed, just a quick note to remind all non UPC customers (living in an area that UPC can provide service), that you can now sign up and get 50mb Broadband, home phone c/w 100 Minutes to local, National, Mobile & 22 International destinations each month via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer for just €22 per month for the first 4 months, then increasing to just €44.

Thats six times faster than 8mb DSL from Eircom/Vodafone etc.

You will also receive a voucher for €50 from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical when you order exclusively via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DocMcC

Hi,

about 3 months ago UPC came and laid new cables on my road (Foxrock Park) does anyone know when these are going to go live as I want to ditch Sky/Eircom and get phone, TV etc from UPC? All I can find out is that it is "overdue" - which is not really helpful.

Thanks,

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hi All

In line with our introduction yesterday of 50mb Fibre Power Broadband as our ENTRY speed, just a quick note to remind all non UPC customers (living in an area that UPC can provide service), that you can now sign up and get 50mb Broadband, home phone c/w 100 Minutes to local, National, Mobile & 22 International destinations each month via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer for just €22 per month for the first 4 months, then increasing to just €44.

Thats six times faster than 8mb DSL from Eircom/Vodafone etc.

You will also receive a voucher for €50 from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical when you order exclusively via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

I ordered the UPC bundle from the boards.ie link on the 13th of September - I see the speed and package has been upped to 50mb lines now.

Would it be possible to change my order/package to this automatically? Or will I have to cancel my bundle and re-order under the new bundle?

Kind regards,

Third

Hi there

Your pack hasnt been changed in any way.

Existing customers will remain exactly the same unless they upgrade to a new faster speeed bundle (as the new bundles cost slightly more for the higher speeds.)

You can of course upgrade your pack at any stage by calling 1908. This will start you on a new 12 month contract. Your existing modem will be fine for higher speeds. (Customers on older modems will need new modems to cope with the new fibre power speeds)

Thanks

Jason
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I ordered the UPC bundle from the boards.ie link on the 13th of September - I see the speed and package has been upped to 50mb lines now.

Would it be possible to change my order/package to this automatically? Or will I have to cancel my bundle and re-order under the new bundle?

Kind regards,

Third

Hi Jason - I see the new pack for 50mb costs 44 euro (normally) and my current one starting 5 days ago costs 42 euro for 25mb (normally).

To upgrade to the UPC 50mb pack I will just need to call/email them?

Thirdfox

Thats right. Best call 1908 they can upgrade you there and then

Thanks

Jason
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    Hi Jason - I see the new pack for 50mb costs 44 euro (normally) and my current one starting 5 days ago costs 42 euro for 25mb (normally).

To upgrade to the UPC 50mb pack I will just need to call/email them?

Hi Jason

I signed up through the boards offer and collected my Router and Boxes yesterday.
    Everything was hooked up grand and i entered my 3 digit activation code, it then told me i had a good signal and press o.k to search for channels.

It then told me that the channel search was unsuccessful and i got no further.
    I tried numerous times , making sure the connections were fine and powering the unit on and off.

Can you help me in anyway?

Thirdfox

Thats right. Best call 1908 they can upgrade you there and then

Thanks

Jason

Thanks Jason - just spoke to a very helpful UPC lady who changed me onto the 44 euro boards.ie offer without any hassle. Confirmed that I'll get to keep the 4 months half price as well (since I've only just started a few days ago).

Now I'm just looking forward to the voucher! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

Hi claredoylo

UPC have a standard €45 activation charge per box, regardless of where you order it.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

I plan to order the 69 euro bundle next week through the boards offer. I only need one box. Will it be a 90 euro one-off cost as if I was ordering through the normal website method or will it be only 45 euro?

Also, I don't need a phone and my friend told me that when he ordered they sent him a phone and tried to charge for it, can I request that a phone is not included in the delivery?

Thanks,
    Martin

Hi mckildare

Yes, your activation charges will be €90 if you order that bundle.

You will not be sent a phone handset unless you actually order it directly.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jason
    mckildare wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I plan to order the 69 euro bundle next week through the boards offer. I only need one box. Will it be a 90 euro one-off cost as if I was ordering through the normal website method or will it be only 45 euro?

Also, I don't need a phone and my friend told me that when he ordered they sent him a phone and tried to charge for it, can I request that a phone is not included in the delivery?

Thanks,
    Martin

• Advertisement

Hi there silver-tiger

There is a self installation telephone number on paperwork in the box you were sent. Please call them directly and they will talk you through setting it all up (I am not very technical)

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason

I signed up through the boards offer and collected my Router and Boxes yesterday.
    Everything was hooked up grand and i entered my 3 digit activation code, it then told me i had a good signal and press o.k to search for channels.

It then told me that the channel search was unsuccessful and i got no further.
    I tried numerous times , making sure the connections were fine and powering the unit on and off.

Can you help me in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DocMcC

For anyone that is interested, not sure if it is a co-incidence but yesterday UPC were back digging up the roads. Talked to the foreman who said that they were connecting up the cable - wasn't a priority before now.

So they laid it a few months ago and never bothered doing the last bit (width of the road) - anyway he told me the cable will be in service Monday so after that UPC can commission and start selling.

Funny eh, I would have thought actually connecting the cable was quite an important step - but what do I know....

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Lads, I haven't read the full thread ..but I see boards users get a 50 euro voucher if the sign up...

I was in PC World the other day- they give you a 250 euro voucer if you sign up to the 69 deal. or a 125 euro voucher if you sign up to the 44 euro deal(bb and phone)...is this not a far better deal or am I missing something?

Jason, I'm in the market for basic broadband only- just for surfing the web/emails etc.. I can get Smart telecom for 30 pm, or Wimax for 25 pm, do UPC offre anything to compete with thses at all, or is 44 pm the cheapest option for someones who just wants basic internet and nothing else?
    Thanks

Hi cojomo2

A couple of points:

To qualify for this boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and also the other retail offers you mentioned www.upc.ie/retailoffer - you must sign up for a bundle, so by just ordering broadband, you will not qualify.

The entry level broadband product we sell is 50mb, which costs €39, however, if you have no other product from UPC, there is an additional charge of €7.87 (standalone fee) applied.

This makes 50mb with phone and 100 minutes of calls a month cheaper at €44 (€2 a month for the first 4 months)

Both offers have their own strong merits. With boards, you get 1/2 price for 4 months PLUS a €50 voucher. With Currys/PC World/DID Electrical you get a €125 voucher (but no 1/2 price), and in Carphone Warehouse, you get 1/2 price for 4 months PLUS a €50 voucher when you sign up for a broadband bundle. (or a €100 voucher if you take TV too) The choice is yours

Hope that helps

Thanks

Jason

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Lads, I haven't read the full thread ..but I see boards users get a 50 euro voucher if the sign up...

I was in PC World the other day- they give you a 250 euro voucer if you sign up to the 69 deal. or a 125 euro voucher if you sign up to the 44 euro deal(bb and phone)...is this not a far better deal or am I missing something?

Jason, I'm in the market for basic broadband only- just for surfing the web/emails etc.. I can get Smart telecom for 30 pm, or Wimax for 25 pm, do UPC offre anything to compete with thses at all, or is 44 pm the cheapest option for someones who just wants basic internet and nothing else?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi cojomo2

A couple of points:

To qualify for this boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and also the other retail offers you mentioned www.upc.ie/retailoffer - you must sign up for a bundle, so by just ordering broadband, you will not qualify.

The entry level broadband product we sell is 50mb, which costs €39, however, if you have no other product from UPC, there is an additional charge of €7.87 (standalone fee) applied.

This makes 50mb with phone and 100 minutes of calls a month cheaper at €44 (€2 a month for the first 4 months)

Both offers have their own strong merits. With boards, you get 1/2 price for 4 months PLUS a €50 voucher. With Currys/PC World/DID Electrical you get a €125 voucher (but no 1/2 price), and in Carphone Warehouse, you get 1/2 price for 4 months PLUS a €50 voucher when you sign up for a broadband bundle. (or a €100 voucher if you take TV too) The choice is yours

Hope that helps

Thanks

Jason

Thanks for the info Jason.

It's a pity UPC don't do an entry level(lower speed) BB package to compete with the other operators that offer much cheaper deals, but much lower speeds.

The likes of myself, who only use the net for surfing/mails etc would get by with no issues on a 3mb connection..so makes no sense for me to pay 44pm when I can get what I need for 25/30 pm from other providers.

Do you know if UPC have any plans to cater for people in my position, that don't need any tv/phone and just want an entry level value bb pack?

Hi cojomo2

No, sorry, currently we are differentiating ourselves as the provider of the fastest broadband speeds in Ireland, and we are the only provider who is investing significant funds in our fibre powered network across the country.

The prices you quoted, would be offered in the main by non DSL providers (mobile/wireless) - as all other DSL providers all have to charge the €25 Eircom line rental PLUS the cost of broadband.

We are also a provider of Digital TV services and home phone too, and offer real value when people bundle their products together. In the main, this means very real savings for peope opting to switch to us from for example SKY & Eircom. (most people save hundreds of euro each year, when they factor in all the extras like Multiroom viewing, HD, no line rental with UPC etc...)

Best of luck with whatever provider you decide to go with.

Regards

Jason

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Jason........

Do you know if UPC have any plans to cater for people in my position, that don't need any tv/phone and just want an entry level value bb pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Hi Jason,
    My daughter has just opened an account in galway with her student flatmates.

I will be paying & they will fix up with me. I havent setup the payment yet and would like to do so taking advantage of the boards deal.

How should i approach this without setting up 2 accounts?

Thanks

Hi there

You will need to have a new account opened at their address. Just order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my team will do all the rest (Have it in your name and your daughters, with your bank account details)

Thanks

Jason
    dixiefly wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    My daughter has just opened an account in galway with her student flatmates.

I will be paying & they will fix up with me. I havent setup the payment yet and would like to do so taking advantage of the boards deal.

How should i approach this without setting up 2 accounts?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 sugarray.eu

Hi there

You will need to have a new account opened at their address. Just order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my team will do all the rest (Have it in your name and your daughters, with your bank account details)

Thanks

Jason

hi jason

im upc customer for last 13 months.im on broadband only plan 25mb.
    i would love to be upgraded to 50mb and phone, but will need new router to reach 50mb.
    my current one is cisco 2425 and dont get this speeds.do i need to pay for new router ? :(

i want to stay with upc for another couple of years

• Advertisement

Hi sugarray.eu

There will be a €45 activation charge for setting up your new bundle, we will send out a new modem to you, and if you need a new cordless phone, we can send one out to you for a charge of €30 (Cheaper than the shops)

Order via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my guys will set it up for you today.

Thanks

Jason
    hi jason

im upc customer for last 13 months.im on broadband only plan 25mb.
    i would love to be upgraded to 50mb and phone, but will need new router to reach 50mb.
    my current one is cisco 2425 and dont get this speeds.do i need to pay for new router ? :(

i want to stay with upc for another couple of years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement