Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Mcnage01

Happy to have your address checked for all services again, if you email your details to retailsales@upc.ie and mention boards, my guys will load a check up for you in the system to see if phone can be made available for you.

To qualify for the bundle offers (1/2 price for 4 months on boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer , or a voucher offer in retail www.upc.ie/retailoffer ) you must order either as broadband/phone bundle or a tv/broadband/phone bundle.

If you order via boards, we would still like to offer you a voucher for €50 once you are ordering new products and havent availed of the offer previously.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Mcnage01 wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I've just moved out and I was looking to get the €66 package and the €250 retail voucher offer.
    But apparently my address is not setup for the phone (despite being setup for everything else including tv on demand), so we can't get the package. We were told if we wanted to get the tv and broadband package (no phone) it would cost us almost €70, plus we couldn't avail of the €250 voucher. Obviously this isn't great value!

If we sign up through boards, can we avail of the €50 and 4mths half price?

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Thats a good offer, I was debating if i should go with UPC because of that €45 activation cost but this has swayed me.

I've just sent in my details as i qualify as a new customer so hopefully ill hear back today.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Jason

I applied for and received your Fibreband offer through boards. During the application I was asked what voucher i'd prefer, but I have received it yet. It is close to 3weeks at this stage - any ideas
    Martin

Hi MartinCorcoran

It can take up to 30 days after you get installed, (rather than when you order)

If you would like an ETA as to when your voucher will be sent out, please call my team on 1890 940635 and they can chase it up for you

Cheers

Jason
    Jason

I applied for and received your Fibreband offer through boards. During the application I was asked what voucher i'd prefer, but I have received it yet. It is close to 3weeks at this stage - any ideas
    Martin

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Foley1649

Hi jason i am an existing customer i have analogue tv i wish to switch to digital can i fill out this boards offer form to avoid the 45 euro per box actiation fee??

• Advertisement

HI Foley1649

Sorry, unfortunately, this offer does not waive activation charges now, these are standard.

Regards

Jason
    Foley1649 wrote: »
    Hi jason i am an existing customer i have analogue tv i wish to switch to digital can i fill out this boards offer form to avoid the 45 euro per box actiation fee??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

With all due respect — and I know that UPC are not alone in this — it seems once again that the only way to get UPC's best offers is to leave them first, once you're out of contract.

Bit of a nonsense of a marketing strategy IMHO; endless "loss leader" offers to new customers, subsidised by price-gouging their existing ones, whether still in contract or not...

Hi peckerhead

Thanks for your comment.

In this instance however, there is no difference. The €45 activation charge is now standard for new & existing customers.

Regards

Jason
    peckerhead wrote: »
    With all due respect — and I know that UPC are not alone in this — it seems once again that the only way to get UPC's best offers is to leave them first, once you're out of contract.....

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Hi Jason,

Hoping you can help.
    I tried unsuccessfully several years ago to get UPC broadband and phone installed at my house. At the time, following several Engineer visits I was told that there was a network problem 'out on the main road' (I live in a cul-de-sac).
    Recently I called to check if problems had been solved and was told they had been, so I reapplied.
    I have been told today following Engineer visit that my road and others around it are 'locked out'. The network requires upgrading which cannot be carried out as several homeowners deny access to upgrade existing cables.

I will PM you my address and details.

Hoping there is another potential cable route from a nearby property.
    Is it possible to obtain details of homeowners denying access so I can personally call around and perhaps help the majority of my own neighbours, as well as UPC?
    Anyway, welcome any ideas.

Thanks,

Zilog

Hi Zilog;

Unfortunately, this is a common occurance, we need permission to upgrade cables, and if somebody denies us acces it can mean we cannot progress.

Yes, please send me all your details (including your contact details) and I will pass them to our network build team.

I hope that helps in some way for you.

Regards

Jason
    Zilog wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Hoping you can help.
    I tried unsuccessfully several years ago to get UPC broadband and phone installed at my house. At the time, following several Engineer visits I was told that there was a network problem 'out on the main road' (I live in a cul-de-sac).
    Recently I called to check if problems had been solved and was told they had been, so I reapplied.
    I have been told today following Engineer visit that my road and others around it are 'locked out'. The network requires upgrading which cannot be carried out as several homeowners deny access to upgrade existing cables.

I will PM you my address and details.

Hoping there is another potential cable route from a nearby property.
    Is it possible to obtain details of homeowners denying access so I can personally call around and perhaps help the majority of my own neighbours, as well as UPC?
    Anyway, welcome any ideas.

Thanks,

Zilog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Appreciate the reply and assistance Jason.
    I have PM'ed you my details, with possible route suggestion.
    If I could find out where the closest surrounding working/connected properties are, I can try to organise permission myself.

Thanks again,
    Zilog.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭antomack

Hi Jason,

I upgraded my in-laws to Digital TV back in Oct 2010 and at the time phone and broadband was not available in the area. This has now changed and I'm wondering what the current offers are.

I see your signature has mention of a 4 month half price offer but on upc.ie this looks like it's only for new customers.

I am hoping to order Fibre Power Essential and Anytime World along with a current multiroom. 1) Can you verify how much this will be?

2) Also when doing the bundle upgrade online it details a one off cost of €135, what is this for? As an existing customer all that I'd have thought would be needed is to provide the cable modem, etc. and I'll self-install.

3) There is a DSP allowance on the telephone line and I'm wondering what's involved to have it transferred with the phone.

Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jonathan Clohessy

Hi i was just wondering if this offer is available to people who are still on the old chorus boxes, but unfortunately there is a side issue with a upc upgrade we have had a techician out before more than a year ago, but there seems to be an issue with installing upc into the row of houses i live personally i cannot understand this as the entire estate besides my row of houses can avail of upc including the broadband packages the thing i am wondering is there anything you could do to help this issue?

also sorry if i am posting this in the wrong forum

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Hi Jason,

I have recently moved into a new apartment and i am interested in your fibre power essential bundle. There is already a UPC box installed in the apartment so there is no set-up as such. Would installation fees still apply, and if they do how much would it cost? Am i correct in assuming that this offer includes 4 months half-price and a €50 voucher?

Thanks
    Simon

Hi Jason,

I have recently moved into a new apartment and i am interested in your fibre power essential bundle. There is already a UPC box installed in the apartment so there is no set-up as such. Would installation fees still apply, and if they do how much would it cost? Am i correct in assuming that this offer includes 4 months half-price and a €50 voucher?

Thanks
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

simons104 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

If you order it online through the web - chat window they will waive installation fees.

Do you have a choice of SKY ? because I was forced to go with UPC and had no choice and it is absolute crap compared with SKY.

Hi there

I can try get an update for you on your street, please email all your details to my team on retailsales@upc.ie and we will try get an answer for you

Sorry, this offer is for new customers only, upgrades to service do not qualify for the boards offer I am afraid.

Regards

Jason
    Hi i was just wondering if this offer is available to people who are still on the old chorus boxes, but unfortunately there is a side issue with a upc upgrade we have had a techician out before more than a year ago, but there seems to be an issue with installing upc into the row of houses i live personally i cannot understand this as the entire estate besides my row of houses can avail of upc including the broadband packages the thing i am wondering is there anything you could do to help this issue?

also sorry if i am posting this in the wrong forum

thanks in advance

Hi Piliger

That is in fact not now the case. There is no web activation fee discount in place any more.

Regards

Jason
    Piliger wrote: »
    If you order it online through the web - chat window they will waive installation fees.

Do you have a choice of SKY ? because I was forced to go with UPC and had no choice and it is absolute crap compared with SKY.

Hi simons104

We do not charge installation fees. So there is no immediate saving to be made. We do however have activation charges, €90 which will apply in your instance.

Yes, the offer is as you outlined in your query. If you order your new bundle via this boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you will get it half price for four months and you will also get a €50 voucher sent out to you from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, whichever you prefer.

Regards

Jason
    simons104 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Thanks
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Hi Jason. A year or so we were planning on leaving for Sky, but a UPC representative offered us the Cable Digital Value pack, and we went for that. We also have 60MB broadband. We're looking at our options again, and are tempted by Sky and their decent 3D lineup. We'd be seriously interested if we could switch to one of the bundles and avail of the boards offer in your sig however.

Is that possible in our case?

Regards,

G.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jason, and is it possible to just get a tv and broadband only package and if so what price elsewhere would it be for:
    25mb fibre broadband and the digital value +
    25mb fibre broadband and the digital extra +

Thanks
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stevemac182

Hi Jason,

I have just applied through Boards for the offer. I am a new customer and my new flat has a UPC point. I have PM'd you my proposed account number. I'm going with the €66 bundle. Just wondering if this comes with a router (if not, I'll get it with the voucher I suppose)? Also, what charges are applied? Is the €90 activation fee still applicable? How long does this contract last/how much notice needs to be given to get out of it without incurring cancellation fees, etc.?

@simons104 I spoke to a UPC operator and he said basic Internet and TV only is €71 compared to the €66 bundle. Is there any catch here Jason, an additional line rental fee or anything for the phone line? Does anyone else have any info on any of this?

Thanks a mill,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

Hi Jason,

I currently have tv and broadband from upc.
    If I get the FibrePower Max bundle, which would have phone as a new service to me, do I qualify for this offer?

Also, my tv box is currently the basic digital one and would need to be upgraded, but my broadband should stay the same.
    What would the activation fee be?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Just some feedback on this offer:

I did everything through Jason's team and it all went very well. His team are the exception to the rule for UPC support. Very helpful and a great attitude.

I now have the 50MB/TV/Phone package and it is really excellent. Extremely fast, reliable and straightforward to install - just one quick call to activate the modem once the equipment was delivered.

Got my €50 DID voucher within a month.

Thanks

Hi there

No sorry you will not qualify as you are upgrading existing services to a new bundle, and upgrades do not qualify I am afraid. We would however be happy to arrange your upgrade, box swap and phone connection directly for you, just call us on 1890940635 and we will set that up for you straight away

Thanks

Jason
    wench wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I currently have tv and broadband from upc.
    If I get the FibrePower Max bundle, which would have phone as a new service to me, do I qualify for this offer?

Also, my tv box is currently the basic digital one and would need to be upgraded, but my broadband should stay the same.
    What would the activation fee be?

Hi stevemac182

Got your pm and responded.

@simons104 - we have 3 bundles

Fibre Essential @ €66 per month (25mb Broadband, Digital Select Extra TV and home phone with 100 minutes of calls)

Fibre Max @ €71 per month (25mb Broadband, Digital Max TV and home phone with 100 minutes of calls)

Fibre Ultimate @ €76 per month (50mb Broadband, Digital MaxTV and home phone with 100 minutes of calls)

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,

I have just applied through Boards for the offer. I am a new customer and my new flat has a UPC point. I have PM'd you my proposed account number. I'm going with the €66 bundle. Just wondering if this comes with a router (if not, I'll get it with the voucher I suppose)? Also, what charges are applied? Is the €90 activation fee still applicable? How long does this contract last/how much notice needs to be given to get out of it without incurring cancellation fees, etc.?

@simons104 I spoke to a UPC operator and he said basic Internet and TV only is €71 compared to the €66 bundle. Is there any catch here Jason, an additional line rental fee or anything for the phone line? Does anyone else have any info on any of this?

Thanks a mill,

Steve

Hi Ro-76

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Jason
    Ro-76 wrote: »
    Just some feedback on this offer:

I did everything through Jason's team and it all went very well. His team are the exception to the rule for UPC support. Very helpful and a great attitude.

I now have the 50MB/TV/Phone package and it is really excellent. Extremely fast, reliable and straightforward to install - just one quick call to activate the modem once the equipment was delivered.

Got my €50 DID voucher within a month.

Thanks

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

As an existing analogue customer will going through the boards deal only result in me getting a €50 voucher? In other words, is the half price for 4 months only open to brand new customers?

Hi bigred100

Sorry, upgrades to service do not qualify for this offer, it is just new customer bundles that qualify currently.

Thanks

Jason
    bigred100 wrote: »
    As an existing analogue customer will going through the boards deal only result in me getting a €50 voucher? In other words, is the half price for 4 months only open to brand new customers?

If you want to order a new customer bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first four months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi Jason i spent an hour or so tryin to deal with your self help and technical support who couldnt solve the problem and then either the phone ended or i was sent back to the starting options where i had to wait 5 mins to talk to someone again!!I gave up eventually because i had enough!!:mad::mad:Ive tried again this morning and was sent around to afew people again and eventually i got a guy who at least set me up for somone to call out on monday!! He says ye dont don same day call outs!!Ive been tryin to arrange this since all yesterday!!!:mad: I need my internet fixed, im in the galway region..is there no way i can get this sorted as my gfriend has exams monday and she needs internet to help look at notes and other useful material!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement