Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    3 things...

1. 5* Skills
    2. Icon (links to everyone, has that icon boost that icons have)
    3. He's the King :cool:

Not to mention the country links, he gives a strong link to French players versus Polish players. Far bigger demand for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Parawind wrote: »
    Not to mention the country links, he gives a strong link to French players versus Polish players. Far bigger demand for that.

fair enough, its a hefty premium though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cyrus wrote: »
    fair enough, its a hefty premium though.

Christ but he’s worth it,
    That 5* skills plus his physical makes him incredible to play.
    6 goals from 2 games and he was the difference in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

This bloke is usually spot on with the leaks:

https://twitter.com/FutArcade/status/1391756659962351617?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Again I am only using his Mid but I find his size and strength great. I mentioned it before but given the fact so many people are using full-backs at CB these days I have found it very handy if chasing a goal at the end of a game to throw Moments Giroud on as a sub and move Cantona up front with him in a 4-4-2 and whip crosses in, the two of them make absolute shíte of the likes of Reece James, Shaw, Klaiber etc.

Have adapted it to a 4-1-2-1-2 now to get Isak in the box as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

BrentMused wrote: »

Ooh I’d be torn between rio and best.

Will have to see how much tokens each cost.

I’m probably much less likely to be able to fit best in once I get cantona and if they split this over 2 seasons I might just take the fodder packs for cantona as not sure I’d still get rio in there in 5 or 6 weeks time

Moments Rio come to papa

Although the picks tend to be unreal so many moments pick attacker is worth a craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've no players in my club left to do first owner objectives for icon swaps 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jayo26 wrote: »
    I've no players in my club left to do first owner objectives for icon swaps 😂😂😂😂

They’ll be there for 5 and a half weeks so plenty of time to re-stock your club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Frisbee wrote: »
    Again I am only using his Mid but I find his size and strength great. I mentioned it before but given the fact so many people are using full-backs at CB these days I have found it very handy if chasing a goal at the end of a game to throw Moments Giroud on as a sub and move Cantona up front with him in a 4-4-2 and whip crosses in, the two of them make absolute shíte of the likes of Reece James, Shaw, Klaiber etc.

Have adapted it to a 4-1-2-1-2 now to get Isak in the box as well :D

that giroud card is a joke in the air, i threw him into an sbc like a dope:eek:

Moments Bastian... not really great at all.
    Prime Best definitely be up for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Swaps are a bit of a piss take

Score in 20 rivals games with first owner players
    15 WL
    7 games for each squad battle objective

AdamD wrote: »

15 WL

That's what happens when the community has the audacity to help each other out with golden goal - EA don't like it :rolleyes:

That's a good selection to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Prime Puskas in Icon Swaps, Blazer’s getting giddy. :D

Prime Puskas in Icon Swaps, Blazer’s getting giddy. :D

Just spotted it :)
    In fairness there’s a great choice there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can't get Best and Rio :(

Rio strong links Rooney but Best is Best!! Both similar price on market but 4 tokens in the difference. Not sure what to do....

15 WL

In fairness they've absoluted jacked up the rewards this time around. Icon moments pack for 5 swaps etc

What are you thinking are the best options?

One of the player picks plus the fodder packs?

• Advertisement

700k there for selling silver Portuguese and eredivise players.

Nice chunk gone off Cantona :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That 85+ La Liga Player pick looks interesting. You’re going to get a choice of one of three from these.

Options are: 15 TOTS, 90 Ter Stegen, 89 Ramos, 89 Courtois, 88 Kroos, 88 Hazard, 87 Modric, 87 Griez, 87 Busquets, 86 Pique, 86 Carvajal, 86 Silva, 86 Gomez, 85 Pjanic, 85 Koke, 85 Parejo, 85 Lenglet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Those icon swaps look great.. hardest part is trying to decide what to get. Puskas + packs, attacker icon moments pick, Rio + packs etc.

We’ll probably get silver beasts objectives on Wednesday so save your silver squad battles matches for icon swaps until then and you’ll get the rare mega pack for no extra effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That 85+ La Liga Player pick looks interesting. You’re going to get a choice of one of three from these.

Options are: 15 TOTS, 90 Ter Stegen, 89 Ramos, 89 Courtois, 88 Kroos, 88 Hazard, 87 Modric, 87 Griez, 87 Busquets, 86 Pique, 86 Carvajal, 86 Silva, 86 Gomez, 85 Pjanic, 85 Koke, 85 Parejo, 85 Lenglet

I did one and put tots Gérard moreno in it because I'd never use him..... My pick were kroos, gomez and you can guess the third.

I got Pjanic Carvajal and Lenglet,

Yeah tbf that's a much better selection of Icons from Swaps than I was expecting after last time. That Puskas is looking extremely tempting.

Hogey007 wrote: »

What kinda prices are they going for?? Have a rake of them in the club.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What kinda prices are they going for?? Have a rake of them in the club.

I sold them all at 5k each as soon as the objectives dropped.

I found in the past the first hour is the best as people panic and just keep driving prices up and eventually they start to drop again

• Advertisement

75+ rated from Suso objective.

Tots….excited….Argentina….woohoo ****in Messi you murha****img beauty woohoo…

CDM…you ****in pricks

Biglia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Gold Luka Modric :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gold Luka Modric :(

I got CL Modric :(

You can complete the silver and Portuguese squad battles swaps with the TOTS Sosa objective. There’s a handful of Portuguese silvers in Super Lig. That’ll also allow you to combine parts of TOTS Carvalho.

Hogey007 wrote: »

I cleared 200 odd Championship a few days ago in no time.

I don't know why it happens, but it happens randomly every now and again.

There was nothing obvious added a few days ago for it to happen, it just happens every week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Got Carrasco from the la liga pick ,will slot in nicely for objective cucurella

• Advertisement

Breakdown of combination Options for Icon Swaps 3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/n9e4ub/possible_combinations_for_icon_swaps_3/

(Tried posting a direct link to the image but it won’t work, so here’s the relevant Reddit thread).

I’m not really sure what to aim for here.

I’m kind of leaning towards 84x 20 (3), moments pack(5), moments pp (10). Or the 84x20 and the 92+ attacker pick.

Given the second batch isn’t available for over a month, I’m inclined to play short term. The 84x20 would massively help with getting Cantona done. But once I have 95 Ronaldo and PiM Cantona, I’d need to pack one of the most incredible pulls to replace either.

Maybe 81x25 (1), 84x20 (3), Icon Moments (5), 92+ Prime Picks (9)

Did the Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Spanish league objectives in about two and a half hours to get 3 tokens for the 84x20 pack which was good going

Feel like this wasn't that great a result from the pack though? Expected a Spanish league TOTS at least

IMG-20210510-203131.jpg

From a quick look I'm thinking I'll go with the moments player pick for 10 tokens, and then all of the 25 x 81+, 25 x 83+ and 20 x 84+ packs which I would save for Ultimate TOTS.

That would be a total of 16 tokens which means I can afford to leave out the Weekend League tokens as I'm unsure if I'll get the chance to play it over the next few weeks.

Worst case scenario the above will take a nice chunk out of any SBC and best case scenario I pull a cracking PIM plus and/or a decent Ultimate TOTS or two!

The above gives me a punt at a decent icon yet still guarantees something worthwhile for the grind in the shape of high rated fodder if nothing else.

From a quick look I'm thinking I'll go with the moments player pick for 10 tokens, and then all of the 25 x 81+, 25 x 83+ and 20 x 84+ packs which I would save for Ultimate TOTS.

That would be a total of 16 tokens which means I can afford to leave out the Weekend League tokens as I'm unsure if I'll get the chance to play it over the next few weeks.

Worst case scenario the above will take a nice chunk out of any SBC and best case scenario I pull a cracking PIM plus and/or a decent Ultimate TOTS or two!

The above gives me a punt at a decent icon yet still guarantees something worthwhile for the grind in the shape of high rated fodder if nothing else.

Swaying towards this too... packs will be useful for ultimate TOTS and I’ll only be getting a max 16 tokens anyway as I cba with WL.

• Advertisement

Did the Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Spanish league objectives in about two and a half hours to get 3 tokens for the 84x20 pack which was good going

Feel like this wasn't that great a result from the pack though? Expected a Spanish league TOTS at least

IMG-20210510-203131.jpg

Yeah ideally you'd be hoping for a major league TOTS from that pack, but that said looking at the positive side you've still easily hit more than 350k worth of fodder which is a huge chunk off any SBC you choose to do. :)

I take back what I said about Puskas being tempting. Just realised you are talking near the end of June before he will be gettable.

Yeah ideally you'd be hoping for a major league TOTS from that pack, but that said looking at the positive side you've still easily hit more than 350k worth of fodder which is a huge chunk off any SBC you choose to do. :)

Yeah I think the fodder packs are always worth it, might just do all 3 now as I can't see myself still playing this excessively in June when things are back open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Watch some of the videos of people opening the packs, they're absolutely shocking for what they're giving out!

Just something to think about!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Watch some of the videos of people opening the packs, they're absolutely shocking for what they're giving out!

Just something to think about!

I’d never go in expecting much tbh, other than fodder.

I’m nearly, mentally, incorporating Cantona into Swaps now. In which case, 20 players rated 84 and over will shave a solid chunk off him, and I know I’m working towards an elite player I desperately want during swaps.

Packing anything decent in the fodder is a bonus, not the main goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    I’d never go in expecting much tbh, other than fodder.

They aren't even giving that out. One or 2 walkouts and the rest are 85/84 from the 20x84.

Worth holding them until UTots in my opinion.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I take back what I said about Puskas being tempting. Just realised you are talking near the end of June before he will be gettable.

That is definitely something to consider as well.

The options are really good but you are talking end of June before the top players are attainable.

I'd love Moments Rio or Prime Vieira but realistically I doubt I'll be playing a whole lot at that stage to get the most out of them.

Don't want to speak for others but I doubt too many of us regulars will be playing anywhere near as much come end of June as we are now, especially with the weather improving and restrictions lifting.

RossieMan wrote: »
    They aren't even giving that out. One or 2 walkouts and the rest are 85/84 from the 20x84.

Worth holding them until UTots in my opinion.

UTOS is just the top 16 players or so, right? Not everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Did the 83x25 just now.

Neymar, de Bruyne and Muller the beat pull. Can sell my other neymar now at least

Breakdown of combination Options for Icon Swaps 3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/n9e4ub/possible_combinations_for_icon_swaps_3/

(Tried posting a direct link to the image but it won’t work, so here’s the relevant Reddit thread).

I'm torn between PIM Rio and the 84+. I would open the 84+ now to help craft Cantona and get Rio when the next bunch come out.

Or Pime Best and the 84+ 83+ & 81+ packs to go towards crafting Cantona.

• Advertisement
Advertisement