Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

4 for me - Grealish, Martinez, Konsa, Wilson. Absolute disaster.

Worth playing the free hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm down 3 in Martinez, Konsa and Watkins, and then also have Mitchell, Foden (who won't start after starting tonight) and Jota (who's probably a risk to not start too). I reckon I'll take a -4

Don’t worry guys with 3-4 players from Villa or Newcastle.

If the decision makers have 2-3 players also then they can change the rules mid-season to cover this.

Maybe give an extra 3FT for this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm lucky enough, just have Grealish and Martinez. Will bench Grealish and just go without a keeper. Might be a good week to take a hit to strengthen the squad. Having Brewster and Mitchell now isn't ideal.

I wonder will Nkounkou get a chance this weekend after their latest defeat.

He had replaced Digne the last time he missed a game through suspension but they lost that game 2-1 away to Newcastle. He was taken off for Tosun in that game at 2-0 down.

Not sure what to make of his absence from the squad at the weekend. The team yes but the squad seemed weird. Maybe he wasn’t available and will come in this GW ?

Over to you Shano. Or Baz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wonder will Nkounkou get a chance this weekend after their latest defeat.

He had replaced Digne the last time he missed a game through suspension but they lost that game 2-1 away to Newcastle. He was taken off for Tosun in that game at 2-0 down.

Not sure what to make of his absence from the squad at the weekend. The team yes but the squad seemed weird. Maybe he wasn’t available and will come in this GW ?

Over to you Shano. Or Baz.

From what I've been reading fans are baffled he wasn't even in the squad never mind starting. I fully expected him to start. From what I've seen of him he's quite attacking but maybe Ancellotti thinks differently

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

What are Grealish owners doing? I bought at 7.5m and he is 7.7m now so I can sell for 7.6m, so wouldn't lose much value.

Any word on when Villa will have a double game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    What are Grealish owners doing? I bought at 7.5m and he is 7.7m now so I can sell for 7.6m, so wouldn't lose much value.

I'm just going to bench him for this GW. Been one of the best players in the league this season and Villa's fixtures look great till GW 16 so not going to waste any transfers getting him out and then back in like I did with Salah when he got Covid.

I've got 3.8m ITB, so probably going to get rid of Bissouma for Mahrez who will fill in nicely for Grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Have a barebones 11 (4-5-1) with 4 players not playing, all are starters with exception of zaha, im sure he'll start but i made FT already and im not ganna take the -4 hit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Down to the bare bones now as well... Grealish, Martinez gonzo and Robertson flagged now.

No sub goalie and Mitchell, Anguissa and Taylor in reserve.

No City cover either.....half thinking of using Free Hit tbh but will hold if I can as I'm sure there'll be bigger disasters around the corner

• Advertisement

Happy enough with my team

Kilman 1st sub now with no Grealish/Konsa

Not expecting any of my players to be benched, especially as Mahrez didn't play in CL so think I'm looking better than a few this week thankfully.

Edit: Going for a really unpopular opinion and think Bruno will struggle against WH. He may get an assist but I don't think he scores big given his expected points return.

WH have been quite good this year and have a decent home record against United lately.

To counter my own argument Bruno hasn't blanked away from home all season. All blanks have been at home.

So inevitable Bruno gets a brace and KDB blanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gus Ivey wrote: »

My guess (and this is a total guess) is that they'll try to get this game in sooner rather than later considering the busy Xmas schedule coming up. So I think we could be looking at a Villa Newcastle DGW very soon, meaning you probably want to keep those assets.

None of them are too expensive to bench for just a GW - it's not the same as the Salah conundrum.

I'd be selling Grealish at 7.4 and for me he's looking like a probable season keeper, so it's an easy hold for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

So the deadline has been officially changed now to Saturday morning 11:00 Right? Great I can tinker with my team on Friday night over a few cans like normal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Morzadec wrote: »
    My guess (and this is a total guess) is that they'll try to get this game in sooner rather than later considering the busy Xmas schedule coming up. So I think we could be looking at a Villa Newcastle DGW very soon, meaning you probably want to keep those assets.

None of them are too expensive to bench for just a GW - it's not the same as the Salah conundrum.

I'd be selling Grealish at 7.4 and for me he's looking like a probable season keeper, so it's an easy hold for me.

But when? Unless they play next midweek there's no slot remaining this year with Newcastle playing Carpool Cup Christmas week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Down to the bare bones now as well... Grealish, Martinez gonzo and Robertson flagged now.

No sub goalie and Mitchell, Anguissa and Taylor in reserve.

No City cover either.....half thinking of using Free Hit tbh but will hold if I can as I'm sure there'll be bigger disasters around the corner

I'll have to free hit so if Robbo is a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Markx wrote: »
    But when? Unless they play next midweek there's no slot remaining this year with Newcastle playing Carpool Cup Christmas week.

Haven't looked at fixtures at all, but with the GWs over 4 days atm, could they not slop the game in on another Friday, with both of them playing their second game on the Monday or even mid week for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Interesting thread on Twitter on the analysis of VAR if the Dutch version of margin of error was applied.

Of the 14 close / debatable calls this year , 5 would of been ruled onside. 3 of those would of been in Liverpool’s favour. Mo Salah was involved in 2 of those & Henderson was the other.

https://twitter.com/dalejohnsonespn/status/1334111759024623616?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Grealish, Martinez, Watkins & Lascelles out with Robbo and Kane yellow flagged.

Think I'll wait till 10am Saturday to have a look again and decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know how accurate the flagging system is for injured players, like can you rely on it at all?

eg Castagne injured his hamstring and it says 75% chance of playing. But Rodgers said this last Friday "Cags, he's a bit further down the line, but we’ll see where he’s at in the next few weeks" which is obviously nowhere near 75%, got blindsided by it as a result last weekend and he didnt play.

Is there any site out there that gives accurate up to date injury info on all your players on one page?

edit- in the same vein Zaha is currently flagged as a 25% chance of playing whereas he is definitely out with Covid. Why are they doing this if the news he is not playing is certain? Pain in the arse if you cant trust the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Haven't looked at fixtures at all, but with the GWs over 4 days atm, could they not slop the game in on another Friday, with both of them playing their second game on the Monday or even mid week for instance?

I'm not sure it would be in either teams interests to squeeze it in. We think of the calendar being chocca, but that's from the point of view of teams involved in Europe. For the rest there will be lots of opportunities in the spring. I certainly don't see it in 2020 bar they get it in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know how accurate the flagging system is for injured players, like can you rely on it at all?

eg Castagne injured his hamstring and it says 75% chance of playing. But Rodgers said this last Friday "Cags, he's a bit further down the line, but we’ll see where he’s at in the next few weeks" which is obviously nowhere near 75%, got blindsided by it as a result last weekend and he didnt play.

Is there any site out there that gives accurate up to date injury info on all your players on one page?

Try this one https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Markx wrote: »
    I'm not sure it would be in either teams interests to squeeze it in. We think of the calendar being chocca, but that's from the point of view of teams involved in Europe. For the rest there will be lots of opportunities in the spring. I certainly don't see it in 2020 bar they get it in next week.

Yeah - from Newcastle's perspective it makes sense to wait till later in the year - some FA cup weekend would be be ideal for them. Having said that there might be some rules/protocols about how long you could push it out for.

Lads,

It was asked before would I be doing the OddsOnFPL articles this season and the answer was no. Well that still is the answer. But myself and Paddy are looking into a 5-10 minute weekly podcast surrounding Captains. We're looking at trialing it this week to see how we get on with feedback etc.

Will basically be a discussion surrounding the top 5 expected points and the captaincy on them. And then a differential pick. This week probably a poor week in terms of this discussion given KDB(C) is the easiest FPL pick ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lads,

It was asked before would I be doing the OddsOnFPL articles this season and the answer was no. Well that still is the answer. But myself and Paddy are looking into a 5-10 minute weekly podcast surrounding Captains. We're looking at trialing it this week to see how we get on with feedback etc.

Will basically be a discussion surrounding the top 5 expected points and the captaincy on them. And then a differential pick. This week probably a poor week in terms of this discussion given KDB(C) is the easiest FPL pick ever

Easiest for those that own him, which is only 20% of players. 80% of players/listeners would be interested in your 2nd, 3rd, 4th pick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yeah, I'd be very interested in the non-KDB pick.

I'd have to sell Ziyech to get him, and with Martinez, Mitchell, Brewster and Grealish in my team I have other fires to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Muahahaha wrote: »

When he says ‘Cags’ he is referring to Caglar Söyüncü not Castagne.

Lads,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-fotL3XtVo&feature=youtu.be

The first 8Mins is an Intro/Fixtures.
    8-19mins is the talk of 1-5
    19 onwards is our discussion of differentials.

For those that don't wish to view, as always I'll post :)

#1 KDB
    #2 Sterling
    #3 Salah
    #4 Werner
    #5 Mahrez

Appreciate any feedback, we felt we defintely went over on the time, probably discussing the fixtures we can tidy up about 4-5 mins.

Is it an actual podcast Shano ? Is so what’s it called ?

I much prefer that over YouTube.

Happy to listen and give you some feedback.

Is it an actual podcast Shano ? Is so what’s it called ?

I much prefer that over YouTube.

Happy to listen and give you some feedback.

We just set that up there over YouTube. Will look into an actual Podcast depending how it goes.

Tbh the information is fairly basic for most of us and just a bit of chatting about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

steve_r wrote: »

I signed up to that and gave it a try but it is very clunky and it didnt even recognise Zaha or Wilfred Zaha. It started sending me daily emails last night to tell me there is no new injury news so I closed it down just there, have enough spam as it is without that.

Is there anything better out there for tracking injuries of your players, ideally something that is linked to your team week to week on FPL. Would prefer not to be having to Google the Leicester Mercury or whatever local newspaper everytime a player is out.

Advertisement