Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

what's involved in tests, is it just an assessment?

Stage 1 - Online Assessment Questionnaire Live-2nd May 2019
    Stage 1 - Online Assessment Questionnaire Close-7th May 2019 at 12 noon
    Stage 2- Interview-18th May 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Just completed test fairly straight forward. Should hear back by 13/05 . If successful interviews on 18/05 . No supervised assesments..!!!

Excellent - how long did it take you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

Excellent - how long did it take you?

20 to 30 mins if you familiar with the format. But give yourself an hour in a quite room if not.

20 to 30 mins if you familiar with the format. But give yourself an hour in a quite room if not.

Thank you.
    I take it that its a mixture of numerical and reasoning.questions?
    It seems all very speedy!
    I wonder if it all has to the new office for the financial ombudsman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carlylara13

Have never done tests before, anywhere can get any tips or samples on what the tests will be like///

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Have never done tests before, anywhere can get any tips or samples on what the tests will be like///

There is a short formulation test that gives you a idea. its just a bunch of vague questions about workplace situations.

"Barry did X which might have been a breach of policy", do you
    A- talk to Barry about it,
    B- talk to Barrys manager about it without telling Barry
    C- tell Barry to talk to his manager

Or similar questions but with customer situations.

Honestly. I have dont a bunch of them in the past and been successful and unsuccessful and have no idea what the logic is. Even people I know in the civil service dont understand them as its more physiological and practical. Just pick whatever feels right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MrSphincter

There is a short formulation test that gives you a idea. its just a bunch of vague questions about workplace situations.

Honestly. I have dont a bunch of them in the past and been successful and unsuccessful and have no idea what the logic is. Even people I know in the civil service dont understand them as its more physiological and practical. Just pick whatever feels right.

The secret to success according to my HEO is that you don't say you're better than most because it means your far too confident and obviously lying according to the people that created the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

Any suggestions when results out? Friday ?

Cocopup wrote: »
    Any suggestions when results out? Friday ?

I read that we'll hear on Monday, 13.5.19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I was trying to find information but couldn't find that date but guess it would have to be a few days notice. Munster playing Leinster same afternoon so trains could be busy for anyone travelling up for it. Think Irish Rail doing maintenance work same day too, so might be timetable changes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

The secret to success according to my HEO is that you don't say you're better than most because it means your far too confident and obviously lying according to the people that created the test.
    I'm worried now I put in a few of them, if you worked ten years in one place and can do your job eyes closed, that makes you better than someone only being there 3 years. Doesn't mean you are better aa a person just more experienced?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

God damn it, just got a message saying my files didnt load properly, my application won't go any further, I feel like an idiot 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Your application form or your test files? If it’s your test files appeal it

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Unfortunately my application forms

lass1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately my application forms

Ah here - thats crap...... hopefully the next CO comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Does anyone know if many have applied for this? I was told they did this s while back also and basically told candidates to wait around after interviews and then told them there and then if that were successful. Anyone else hear anything like this ?

Are the results out Monday and then interviews in saturday. ?

I read that we'll hear on Monday, 13.5.19

Was that on the information given at the start , I don’t remember seeing it or did you read that somewhere else? Although I’ve so many applications in for different things at the moment I can’t keep track 😬, anyway fingers crossed everyone

Anyone hear anything back yet ?

No nothing yet. If it's today it probably won't be until afternoon at earliest though. I had it in my head it was Wednesday. Was anyone on to PAS to check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Wednesday would be very late to let people know in terms of trying to make it up for the Interviews on Saturday. Surely would need to be today. Might give them a call to try find out

Wednesday would be very late to let people know in terms of trying to make it up for the Interviews on Saturday. Surely would need to be today. Might give them a call to try find out

I thought I read somewhere that we would hear either way today.....

It would need to be soon so that the choosen ones can organize travel etc.

I agree. Might have got it wrong in that case as there's nothing in booklet on specific date to hear results by as far as I can see.

A quick phone call to pass might help. There usually quite helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

I took a screenshot when I finished the online assessment as it said there would be no confirmation email. The message said we should expect to hear by Wednesday 15th May.

I took a screenshot when I finished the online assessment as it said there would be no confirmation email. The message said we should expect to hear by Wednesday 15th May.

Thanks littlemissred ,

I can stop checking so :) , it’s all very last minute, I wonder if many applied ?

jock 1 wrote: »
    Thanks littlemissred ,

I can stop checking so :) , it’s all very last minute, I wonder if many applied ?

Thank you 🙂

It is very short notice if they want folks to attend on Sat!!!!

It does say "by the 15th" so I'm kind of hoping they do make contact today... just so I know where I stand!

It is short notice to be available for but the candidate booklet did say that the interviews were expected to be held on the 18th so probably best to keep your schedule free just in case :)

At least for anyone who is called you won’t have to wait to find out if you are successful as I believe they will tell you on the day if you are going to get a post .

• Advertisement

jock 1 wrote: »
    At least for anyone who is called you won’t have to wait to find out if you are successful as I believe they will tell you on the day if you are going to get a post .

I heard that too, and this was the case in March when my husband interviewed.

Advertisement