Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

only open until Tuesday?? a bit of rush isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Crazy that it's only open for 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thebond

only 200 jobs aswell, no 2nd test, just online, and then interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Wow, so no supervised tests??That seems bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sartre

Wasn't this expected to open a while ago? And now it's only for 250 jobs? Maybe there's a recruitment slowdown because of Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

Could it be a competition providing a way for current Dublin TCO’s to be made permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I can't imagine that people could afford to move to Dublin on the starting wage. Dublin is so expensive to rent accommodation..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

I was a TCO and would love to have stayed/ made permanent, I don't see why they can't keep you on if all parties agree.
    I applied for the permanent role last year but froze in the supervised test. It's mad when as a TCO you are ok for the job without doing the supervised test bit not for a permanent one...
    Where's the logic to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sartre

lass1 wrote: »
    I was a TCO and would love to have stayed/ made permanent, I don't see why they can't keep you on if all parties agree.
    I applied for the permanent role last year but froze in the supervised test. It's mad when as a TCO you are ok for the job without doing the supervised test bit not for a permanent one...
    Where's the logic to it?

Perhaps the competency-based approach to this year's TCO interviews means they are changing it so that TCOs can be made permanent. There was a bit in the 2019 TCO booklet that seemed to suggest as much. Something about holding confined selection processes in certain instances. Might also explain why they are taking on less permanent COs now.

I had the TCO interview yesterday and found it quite tough considering it's for a temp role with (traditionally) no opportunity to be made permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Augme

Where's the logic to it?

It would get too complicated. There isn't spsce for every temp CO to become permenant. The nature of the temp roles is to cover for certain shortfalls in work. Summer times, sickness, maternity leave etc.

While some temps could be accomdated for full time work the problem then becomes which temp would get it? That just becomes a can of worms for the local department to sort out.

There are two streams for a reason, one is to cover for one area of business needs, and the other another one.

For the 2019 competition there are no supervised tests and no verbal or numerical test either so it will be a lot easier for people who struggle in that area.

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »
    It would get too complicated. There isn't spsce for every temp CO to become permenant. The nature of the temp roles is to cover for certain shortfalls in work. Summer times, sickness, maternity leave etc.

While some temps could be accomdated for full time work the problem then becomes which temp would get it? That just becomes a can of worms for the local department to sort out.

There are two streams for a reason, one is to cover for one area of business needs, and the other another one.

For the 2019 competition there are no supervised tests and no verbal or numerical test either so it will be a lot easier for people who struggle in that area.

Fingers crossed for us all good luck ty

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

Hi, doing application,sorry to sound dumb,but do you fill in the attachments on line? Declaration form won't let me tick the boxes. Thanks to anyone who replies

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

jodibobs wrote: »
    Hi, doing application,sorry to sound dumb,but do you fill in the attachments on line? Declaration form won't let me tick the boxes. Thanks to anyone who replies

Hi, you download the application form and the statement of suitability, maybe save them to your desktop, fill them in and save them, go back to the job ad and click apply now and fill in the basic application form and when you proceed with that it will ask you to upload the two forms you’ve filled in. I hope that makes sense. I’d say just put a tick or an X beside the boxes you can’t tick. Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Samjd wrote: »
    Hi, you download the application form and the statement of suitability, maybe save them to your desktop, fill them in and save them, go back to the job ad and click apply now and fill in the basic application form and when you proceed with that it will ask you to upload the two forms you’ve filled in. I hope that makes sense. I’d say just put a tick or an X beside the boxes you can’t tick. Good Luck

Were you able to get this done? My fiancee is applying, when we try scan in the document pages you need to sign it's going over the 5MB limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Were you able to get this done? My fiancee is applying, when we try scan in the document pages you need to sign it's going over the 5MB limit...

I wouldn’t scan it, just save it as a document and type in your name, date etc, I know it says signature but if they require a signature they can get you to sign it at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Just applying for this now. it gives an option to upload an application form. But they haven't supplied any application form to fill up!?

EDIT I got sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Samjd wrote: »
    I wouldn’t scan it, just save it as a document and type in your name, date etc, I know it says signature but if they require a signature they can get you to sign it at a later stage.

Ended up using my IT skills and just copied in the scan of the signatures and ticks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

When is the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Sister has applied for this. I'm an EO now but when I did the CO entrance in 2016 there was online tests, repeat of online test in public jobs office to prove you did the online yourselves, and then interview. Have they removed the supervised portion for this competition? bit mad if they have.

I’m same as u , EO now but . Had to do the CO supervised in 2016 . Must be doing this process as supply of COs must be short

Sister has applied for this. I'm an EO now but when I did the CO entrance in 2016 there was online tests, repeat of online test in public jobs office to prove you did the online yourselves, and then interview. Have they removed the supervised portion for this competition? bit mad if they have.[/quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Cocopup wrote: »
    I’m same as u , EO now but . Had to do the CO supervised in 2016 . Must be doing this process as supply of COs must be short.

I reckon it’s due to mobilization finally taking off and there has been a mass exodus of COs transferring closer to home.

When does the online questionnaire assessment start? Uploaded the forms for the job in a hurry Monday evening for my husband (was only informed of it mon afternoon) and I can’t see it listed under his current applications on public jobs.

Looks like it didn’t go through for some reason. Feck it anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Interviews to be held May 18th..this comp is moving very quickly!

Just got an email to log on for the online test, very quick campaign,,
    Good luck to all.

Just got an email to log on for the online test, very quick campaign,,
    Good luck to all.

No sign of an email coming through here so must have messed up the upload somehow!

Ah well, best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

This is a very quick turn around...... scarely so
    Good luck every one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

Just completed test fairly straight forward. Should hear back by 13/05 . If successful interviews on 18/05 . No supervised assesments..!!!

Is this competition for temporary or permanent roles

quote="Damienthorn;110085307"]Just completed test fairly straight forward. Should hear back by 13/05 . If successful interviews on 18/05 . No supervised assesments..!!![/quote]

Cocopup wrote: »
    Is this competition for temporary or permanent roles

Permanent roles

quote="Damienthorn;110085307"]Just completed test fairly straight forward. Should hear back by 13/05 . If successful interviews on 18/05 . No supervised assesments..!!!
    [/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

what's involved in tests, is it just an assessment?

Advertisement