Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

jock 1 wrote: »
    At least for anyone who is called you won’t have to wait to find out if you are successful as I believe they will tell you on the day if you are going to get a post .

Great it people get it obviously but at least even if you don't you don't have false hopes. Tough way to get bad news though

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Wednesday would be very late to let people know in terms of trying to make it up for the Interviews on Saturday. Surely would need to be today. Might give them a call to try find out

So what did they say when you called them Davis3265?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    So what did they say when you called them Davis3265?

They said that we will hear at the latest by Wednesday but couldn't say when, not much help

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Results are out . Weird time to release them

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Anyone else get an email? I got one saying my application was successful, but I wouldn't be interviewed this Saturday. It does say that they have a number of posts to fill however and should be in touch in June? Dissapointed, but not too disappointed as hopefully there will be a spot for me soon! Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Em2157 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email? I got one saying my application was successful, but I wouldn't be interviewed this Saturday. It does say that they have a number of posts to fill however and should be in touch in June? Dissapointed, but not too disappointed as hopefully there will be a spot for me soon! Good luck all

My daughter got the same message . I think it just means your not in the top 250.

Haven't got anything yet. Did you get an email? Or just log in to find a message in your message board?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Haven't got anything yet. Did you get an email? Or just log in to find a message in your message board?

I got an email and then logged on

My daughter got the same message . I think it just means your not in the top 250.

Maybe? Though the way they worded it is that they have a number of positions to fill, so I'm hoping those of us who got that email will be called for interviews in next few months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Got the email, interview on Saturday. Anyone know if it’s all 250 on Saturday? Couldn’t imagine they have the time to facilitate all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Got the same message , hopefully we will be called in June , fingers crossed , maybe they do the interviews in batches 250 is a lot to interview in one day at 20 mins an interview and they will probably call more than 250 for these interviews as not all will pass interviews maybe!

Got the same message , hopefully we will be called in June , fingers crossed , maybe they do the interviews in batches 250 is a lot to interview in one day at 20 mins an interview and they will probably call more than 250 for these interviews as not all will pass interviews maybe!
    Was thinking same. Who knows? Strange there is no inbetween tests or anything? Good luck

Just got email there, called to interview this Saturday. Did anyone else not get their actual ranking in the email? Presume you just take it that you're within the 1st 250 batch in that case but not given specific rank.

Some general info from message, for anyone interested. Hope it's ok to share:

''We hope to fill over 300 jobs on the day, some of which are based in the National Shared Services Offices (NSSO) in Clonskeagh, Dublin 14. These NSSO offices primarily provide HR and pension shared services to 39 Government Departments and offices. The location of these offices may suit individuals living in the vicinity and should you wish to be considered for one of these roles, please also advise us in your confirmation email as above. ''

'You will be notified of the outcome of your interview on the day and there will also be an opportunity to meet some employers.'

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Just read the end of the email there states;
    “We hope to fill over 300 jobs on the day, some of which are based in the National Shared Services Offices (NSSO) in Clonskeagh, Dublin 14.”
    Seems to be a very targeted recruitment campaign.

Kevin17W wrote: »
    “We hope to fill over 300 jobs on the day, some of which are based in the National Shared Services Offices (NSSO) in Clonskeagh, Dublin 14.”

Presumably with different CO, EO etc competitions they have had to expand number of staff needed in NSSO.

Guess they would be recruiting for other roles too on the day. Wording seems to be that you have to opt in to be considered for these roles but would have thought you would be eligible to be selected for there regardless. Or maybe trying to suit people who live near there as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I’d say lots of COs just abandon ship when told they are going there as the cost to travel there could be quite high - they are probably looking at filling those roles first and with people who want to work there and that’s why they are looking for expressions of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

Anyone know the starting salary for this position? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marthahen

Sinus pain wrote: »
    I’d say lots of COs just abandon ship when told they are going there as the cost to travel there could be quite high - they are probably looking at filling those roles first and with people who want to work there and that’s why they are looking for expressions of interest.

I'm worried about NOT expressing interest but I just don't think a commute to Clonskeagh is worth the hassle for me based on where I'm currently living. My housing situation is unlikely to change so I need to be thinking long-term.

marthahen wrote: »
    I'm worried about NOT expressing interest but I just don't think a commute to Clonskeagh is worth the hassle for me based on where I'm currently living. My housing situation is unlikely to change so I need to be thinking long-term.

I don't think there would be an issue if you don't. I'm not sure if they're hoping to fill numbers based on expressions of interest instead of choosing people who might then turn it down. Only issue I guess is if anyone was offered it and turned it down. Presume wouldn't be offered another one?

Well best of luck to all those called for interview Saturday, let us know how it goes and fingers crossed the rest of us get a call in June .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

If they are calling just the top 250 then how are they to fill 300 positions? Is there still people from an older panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Em2157 wrote: »

Got that email too! Sounds positive that they are interviewing again in June :)

Kevin17W wrote: »

Maybe they are being sensible and inviting people to interview based on their location first in the hope they will accept the position offered? Or is that too sensible a thing to do ! After all Dublin even though it’s not a big place public transport and getting from one side to the other can be difficult and time consuming.I know clonskeagh would be a nightmare to get to for me , it wouldn’t be worth it the amount of time I’d spend travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Folks

The info says only some of the posts are for CSSO and are based across 39 offices in Dublin which implies that all the roles are not all based in Clonskegh, D14.

How I read it is that If you wish to be based in Clonskeagh, you should express this in your return email.

Also, it seems to me that as there were more that 250 successful applicants, that they may be building a CO Panel for other CO Roles.

Lets keep it positive folks!🀗ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Maybe they are being sensible and inviting people to interview based on their location first in the hope they will accept the position offered? Or is that too sensible a thing to do ! After all Dublin even though it’s not a big place public transport and getting from one side to the other can be difficult and time consuming.I know clonskeagh would be a nightmare to get to for me , it wouldn’t be worth it the amount of time I’d spend travelling.

I have the interview on Saturday but do not live near Clonskeagh. I think they just have a lot of vacancies to fill there and want to give people a heads up first as most people would assume they would be assigned to a government building in town. It saves the awkward conversation of "thanks for the offer but I don't want to/can't travel to Clonskeagh", and then it just makes sense for people who live that side of the city to get somewhere near to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    Anyone know the starting salary for this position? TIA

I believe the starting salary (point 1 on the scale) is €23,572.

Folks

The info says only some of the posts are for CSSO and are based across 39 offices in Dublin which implies that all the roles are not all based in Clonskegh, D14.

How I read it is that If you wish to be based in Clonskeagh, you should express this in your return email.

Also, it seems to me that as there were more that 250 successful applicants, that they may be building a CO Panel for other CO Roles.

Lets keep it positive folks!🀗ðŸ˜

Afaik the reference to 39 gov departments was the number of departments NSSO are responsible for. Not sure if there is another NSSO office outside of Clonskeagh

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Eod100 wrote: »
    Afaik the reference to 39 gov departments was the number of departments NSSO are responsible for. Not sure if there is another NSSO office outside of Clonskeagh

Grand so - thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

Just out of curiosity. Did anyone not pass the questionnaire ?

• Advertisement

Anyone else find it strange that we got no oom or no result for the questionnaire like we usually do ? At least for those of us who were told we were successful but not called for interview this weekend, we’d have some idea if there was any possibility of being called ? I wonder what their logic is in doing it as they are .

Advertisement