Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sorry this is probably a silly question but I saw there's discussion about a return to pre- Haddington Road agreement hours. If there is a reduction in hours, does it apply to all employees (i.e. new entrants) or just staff before the hours changed in 2013?

Forsa et al are on it, there's apparently going to be a partial roll back. Reckon it will apply to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Has anyone who scored less than 625 in the E-Tray been called to interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Has anyone who scored less than 625 in the E-Tray been called to interview yet?

No, 600’s and still waiting. Hopefully now that people have got results from interview we’ll be called soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

JDWW wrote: »
    No, 600’s and still waiting. Hopefully now that people have got results from interview we’ll be called soon.

I wonder will they do etray for some counties next? 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

jules86 wrote: »
    I wonder will they do etray for some counties next? 🤞

I emailed PAS yesterday & was told they'll be inviting a limited number of candidates from other counties in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

blondie007 wrote: »
    I emailed PAS yesterday & was told they'll be inviting a limited number of candidates from other counties in February.

Brilliant thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Would it be realistic for 150 to 200 to be called for Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Allycats36

hi i haven't been called for e tray yet . just wondering if there are any practice tests i can do while waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Allycats36 wrote: »
    hi i haven't been called for e tray yet . just wondering if there are any practice tests i can do while waiting?

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/e-tray-exercise.htm

I did this one, I didnt find many other free ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Allycats36

facade wrote: »

I did this one, I didnt find many other free ones

thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

redmgar wrote: »
    You wont fail the interview, its just a matter of doing your best to be placed high enough.

Why do you say that Redmgar? Don't they score you on each competency individually? You could theoretically score 100% on 5 of the competencies but then fail the 6th one and therefore fail the interview, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Why do you say that Redmgar? Don't they score you on each competency individually? You could theoretically score 100% on 5 of the competencies but then fail the 6th one and therefore fail the interview, no?

Yes you are correct, if you don’t get the minimum score for each competency you will fail the interview. The higher you get the higher placing you will get. It’s not just a matter of doing the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

connectq wrote: »
    Yes you are correct, if you don’t get the minimum score for each competency you will fail the interview. The higher you get the higher placing you will get. It’s not just a matter of doing the interview.

It’s possible to prepar for the competencies though. Be familiar with them. Have an example of how you have demonstrated each one. Prepare STAR answers. Look at behavioural interview questions. If you can get someone to do a mock interview with you so that you’ve really thought things through. Then if something unexpected comes up it will only be one or two questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Seesee wrote: »
    It’s possible to prepar for the competencies though. Be familiar with them. Have an example of how you have demonstrated each one. Prepare STAR answers. Look at behavioural interview questions. If you can get someone to do a mock interview with you so that you’ve really thought things through. Then if something unexpected comes up it will only be one or two questions.

That’s exactly how you should prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I mean, that I had the worst interview ever and I passed.
    So if you do any form of prep you will pass.

Technically you can fail, but very unlikely.

Did you interview for EO or CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I know someone who failed a competency and therefore failed overall. Usually a fairly level headed person, very personable, has experience, would be professional in demeanor and definitely make a decent CO, but got flustered had a few bad answers and fell a point or two short of the passing mark. It does happen, some prep is a good idea.

Did you interview for EO or CO?

EO

EO

Thanks Redmgar.

• Advertisement

Thanks Redmgar.

Just try and get placed as high as possible to avoid a long wait.

Are the competencies for the interview the same as those depicted in this wheel graph?

Yes although there’s a better line item description of each one in this document:
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/Executive_Officer_Competencies.pdf

Are the competencies for the interview the same as those depicted in this wheel graph?

Yes although there’s a better line item description of each one in this document:
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/Executive_Officer_Competencies.pdf

Thanks Seesee!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Haven’t been called to e-tray yet either. Inside 500 in Dublin and inside 50 in Louth. Anyone get any word on potential movement? I’m having a hard time believing they won’t call more from Dublin because last time they ran this campaign they got over 3,000 from what I’ve been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Haven’t been called to e-tray yet either. Inside 500 in Dublin and inside 50 in Louth. Anyone get any word on potential movement? I’m having a hard time believing they won’t call more from Dublin because last time they ran this campaign they got over 3,000 from what I’ve been told.

Theyre still doing interviews from the first batch of people that they called through so maybe a couple of weeks before they call more people forward. I only had mine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

JDWW wrote: »

Interviews for first group that got over that score are still being done so be patient

Can anyone tell me what the next stage is if you’re on the panel and get called? Do you have a medical? Do you have to provide proof of your educational attainment? In the email they talk about a clearance process so I suppose I’m just wondering what that involves. When I checked my application form for example I don’t seem to have had to list referees. TIA

Can anyone tell me what the next stage is if you’re on the panel and get called? Do you have a medical? Do you have to provide proof of your educational attainment? In the email they talk about a clearance process so I suppose I’m just wondering what that involves. When I checked my application form for example I don’t seem to have had to list referees. TIA

No Medical, you need Garda clearance. If you are placed in AGS this can take a long time.

You need to provide a copy of your level 7 or above.
    And referee checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sooo

Thank you for the info. I lived in Asia until earlier this year, would I need clearance from that country also? Or is that just for HSE employees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

I just got a date for my interview there, so I’m guessing they’re on to calling the next batch.

Advertisement