Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Hey everyone, has there been any movement on panels outside of Dublin yet? Thank you

Over on the 2019 thread people are still getting offers from that, so it would seem not.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Seesee wrote: »
    Quick post. Had my interview today. Very pleasant and professional but quite challenging. It’s been a while since I did an interview. Be well prepared. Have examples for each of the competencies and behavioural interview questions too. There were a few I had to answer on the fly so I was glad I had thought about the majority. I found Zoom fine and it was a relief not have to go out in the snow. Good luck!
    Thank you very much! I'd say you were well prepared. Let us know when you hear back from them, hopefully with good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Does anyone know a rough time frame for results from interviews? I'm hoping it wont take as long as the etray results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cwk

Just prepping for my interview at the end of this month but I don't recall ever giving them my work history as part of my application. I've looked over what's been submitted & it's just my educational history as part of my personal details. Am I missing out on something or will they not have access to this before the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

cwk wrote: »
    Just prepping for my interview at the end of this month but I don't recall ever giving them my work history as part of my application. I've looked over what's been submitted & it's just my educational history as part of my personal details. Am I missing out on something or will they not have access to this before the interviews?
    It was part of the application form which you should still be able to access on your public jobs profile I think?

• Advertisement

Hi all

I got my stage 1 results back in October for the external competition - got 32 in OOM in Cork which I was happy with but I Haven’t heard anything since then - has anyone got called for the next stage? I left it go for a while but now am a bit paranoid I’ve been somehow skipped over or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cwk

Seesee wrote: »
    It was part of the application form which you should still be able to access on your public jobs profile I think?
    Ah thanks, mine is blank every time I download it so I'll email them just to make sure they have the filled in one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ah thanks, mine is blank every time I download it so I'll email them just to make sure they have the filled in one!

Make sure you are following the instructions on downloading it to the letter - the software that they suggest and everything otherwise it appears blank. I have no idea how the Irish Civil Service has managed to make viewing PDFs difficult but there we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi all

I got my stage 1 results back in October for the external competition - got 32 in OOM in Cork which I was happy with but I Haven’t heard anything since then - has anyone got called for the next stage? I left it go for a while but now am a bit paranoid I’ve been somehow skipped over or something!

Just Dublin at the moment. Regional will be called later

Similar happened to me but could view in Adobe pdf reader I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Having looked back at my application form - and further to the comment above re employment history - I've now realised I left a couple of gaps where I was unemployed rather than specifically addressing the reasons why. I don't usually do this as I know from experience it's not what prospective employers generally want to see.
    I guess it is not possible to change the form so nothing at this stage can be done about it?

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Having looked back at my application form - and further to the comment above re employment history - I've now realised I left a couple of gaps where I was unemployed rather than specifically addressing the reasons why. I don't usually do this as I know from experience it's not what prospective employers generally want to see.
    I guess it is not possible to change the form so nothing at this stage can be done about it?

My EO app form was a disaster, spelling mistakes the whole thing. They aren't really interested in it, just the competencies. Just be ready to explain any gaps if specifically asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Hi all

I'm in the top 5 for Cork so don't worry. They called Dublin first as the bulk of the positions are there. I'm hoping we'll hear about the etray stage before the end of this month. Anxious to get thing moving as well. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

Hi, I'm early 900s OOM (interdepartmental stream) I chose Dublin.

Does anyone know what number they have called for interview so far?

I won't be called for a while as my OOM seems quite high?

Thanks
    Annie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BM14murph

Hi, I'm early 900s OOM (interdepartmental stream) I chose Dublin.

Does anyone know what number they have called for interview so far?

I won't be called for a while as my OOM seems quite high?

Thanks
    Annie

You'll definitely be called for stage 2 but it may take a few months. Stage 2 is etray and stage 3 is interviews.

I have a friend who scored in the 600s and he's yet to be called for stage 2. They've just interviewed the the top batch of people who completed stage 2. Next they'll interview the second batch of stage 2 who passed.

After that they'll start calling greater numbers for stage 2/ maybe at same time as next interviews.

I know someone who was in the 3000s in previous years and was called so don't fear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

BM14murph wrote: »
    You'll definitely be called for stage 2 but it may take a few months. Stage 2 is etray and stage 3 is interviews.

I have a friend who scored in the 600s and he's yet to be called for stage 2. They've just interviewed the the top batch of people who completed stage 2. Next they'll interview the second batch of stage 2 who passed.

After that they'll start calling greater numbers for stage 2/ maybe at same time as next interviews.

I know someone who was in the 3000s in previous years and was called so don't fear :)

Cheers for that ðŸ™႒

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Does anyone know what happens after batch 1 interviews conclude?

Will successful candidates be given an OOM or will they have to wait until other batches are interviewed?

facade wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens after batch 1 interviews conclude?

Will successful candidates be given an OOM or will they have to wait until other batches are interviewed?

They'll be given a OOM in the initial batches and start being called; subsequent calls will be given a batch number lower down the pecking order.

Anyone have an interview this week? How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

16 years to get to 50k wow!!

30,278 – 32,036 – 33,028 – 34,965 – 36,702 – 38,380 – 40,053 – 41,691 – 43,346 – 44,954 – 46,614 – 47,712 – LSI 1 49,274 – LSI 2 50,834

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Laura2021 wrote: »
    16 years to get to 50k wow!!

30,278 – 32,036 – 33,028 – 34,965 – 36,702 – 38,380 – 40,053 – 41,691 – 43,346 – 44,954 – 46,614 – 47,712 – LSI 1 49,274 – LSI 2 50,834

That's only if you stay at EO level. And if you're happy enough to then fire away...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

That's only if you stay at EO level. And if you're happy enough to then fire away...

I wouldn't say you will have a choice my auntie use to work in the custom house must of been close to 30 years in the job and she was on around 800 a week dont expect to be moving up quickly. Only good thing is pension not sure its any good now compared to starting in the 90s though.

Laura2021 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you will have a choice my auntie use to work in the custom house must of been close to 30 years in the job and she was on around 800 a week dont expect to be moving up quickly. Only good thing is pension not sure its any good now compared to starting in the 90s though.

What?

Is this advice?

If I was an EO for 30 years you have permission to shoot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

What?

Is this advice?

If I was an EO for 30 years you have permission to shoot me.

In regional places you have one HEO to perhaps 20/30 staff. Unless your in Dublin it wouldn't be unusual to be at a EO grade at retirement. With Seniority gone young HEO/APs leave those down the ladder with now where to go.. Plenty of talented COs at the grade 20 plus years unfortunately. You're not going to be given a HEO role and for many the extra 100 take home isn't worth the workload/responsibility. The recent recruitment drives are exceptional in terms of position available due to the age profile of civil service and unlikely to be repeated in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

Nowadays EO is just a glorified CO so the pay reflects that. It’s not like years ago when there were grades in between CO and EO. Unfortunately the decent money doesn’t start until HEO and higher. EO is just more grief but low pay.

doc22 wrote: »
    In regional places you have one HEO to perhaps 20/30 staff. Unless your in Dublin it wouldn't be unusual to be at a EO grade at retirement. With Seniority gone young HEO/APs leave those down the ladder with now where to go.. Plenty of talented COs at the grade 20 plus years unfortunately. You're not going to be given a HEO role and for many the extra 100 take home isn't worth the workload/responsibility. The recent recruitment drives are exceptional in terms of position available due to the age profile of civil service and unlikely to be repeated in the future.

This is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi all

You might be waiting a while to be called. Cork never went beyond oom 52 in the 2019 EO competition. Utter joke

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Some people are happy at the grade they're at and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe they have caring responsibilities at home, or maybe they just don't fancy any more responsibility on their plate in work. If you want to move up the opportunities are there. I moved from EO to HEO to AO and recently got AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Not a huge difference but this is the most recent payscale

Executive officer (PPC)
    30,884 – 32,677 – 33,689 – 35,664 – 37,436 – 39,148 – 40,854 – 42,525 – 44,213 – 45,853 – 47,546 – 48,666 – LSI 1 50,259 – LSI 2 51,851

And you also skip points 4 and 8 afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

MrsBean wrote: »
    Some people are happy at the grade they're at and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe they have caring responsibilities at home, or maybe they just don't fancy any more responsibility on their plate in work. If you want to move up the opportunities are there. I moved from EO to HEO to AO and recently got AP.

That's fantastic, congrats on all your promotions. Was that all in one department or did you have to move ?

Advertisement