Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Storm could be very likely with the number of returns he's had.

Was wondering why Morrissey isn't on the card but just looking and seems he's finished with Impact and his last match was the tag a couple weeks ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's a pity he didnt stay with Impact, it surely would have been better for him than getting jobbed out in AEW like that

Loads of appearances from former TNA guys with the Impact originals match being the main one for appearances.

The fifth man was Davey Richards, so as was pointed out, they had representatives from Impact, AEW, NWA and MLW. Then Christy Hemme announcing, Traci Brooks (Mrs. Kaz) in the front row along with Earl Jenner. Brian was reffing. I thought they were going to have Dixie as the 5th member so when her music hit I thought I was right, but she just introduced Davey.

Storm did make an appearance, but after the tag match along with Chris Harris. Unfortunately the Good Brothers are champs again.

Videos from Sting, Angle and AJ. Was surprised to see AJ do one but he thanked WWE for letting him do it. When he said that, I was reminded of videos from kidnap victims in films/TV. "They're treating me well. They said I can go home soon". Maybe I should rewatch it and see if he was tapping out morse code asking for help.

Not sure who will face Josh now. Probably Sami or Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is great to that WWE allowed AJ Styles be apart of Slammiversary in some capacity.

He was Mr. TNA during the glory days of TNA. The moment he left is when a lot of people tuned out of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd say TNA is less of a nuisance or any kind of threat to WWE since AEW came along so they probably don't mind a bit of cooperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't have considered Davey Richards a Impact original.

I was expecting The Fallen Angel since Frankie was already on the team.

One of the commentators said it could be anyone from the 20 year history, clearly to cover themselves. Magnus wasn't an original either. Though he did have a longer run than Davey.

Raven returns to Impact Wrestling on Friday for The Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match at Against All Odds.

Joe Doering going for surgery on brain cancer :/

They wrote him out this week. Just said about how he has to travel his own path before he walked off.

Tommy Dreamer appeared in a backstage brawl breakup and was wondering is this his first tv appearance since the Dark Side of the Ring controversy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Well Bobby didn't go running straight back to HHH he has stopped off at Impact

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be fair he’s so old he prob got lost on the way there.

With how he shaved the facial hair, I was trying to think who he reminded me of and I could just think of the Chuckle Brothers.

Allie Katch to fight Masha on Impact in a Monster's Ball match next week.

So last time Juice was on Impact, I think he was feuding with Good Brothers. Now they're gone and he's a Bullet Club member.

Can't really blame Macklin for the table not breaking. I've said before they don't have a lot of room to work with outside the ring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nope. Even for the 5 seconds he wasn't injured, he was the least popular member of UE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not even in the slightest. WWE needs to stay away from auld lads like him.

Bound For Glory card:

• Pre-show: Brian Myers Open Challenge for Digital Media Championship
    • Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Eddie Edwards
    • Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace defends against Masha Slamovich
    • Knockouts Tag Team Champions VXT defend against Taya Valkyrie & Jessicka
    • Tag Team Champions The OGK defend against Motor City Machine Guns
    • X-Division Champion Mike Bailey defends against Frankie Kazarian
    • Mickie James vs. Mia Yim
    • Call Your Shot gauntlet

Also Raven is the latest induction to the Impact Hall of Fame.

I'd be happy with pretty much any results except Eddie Edwards winning.

• Advertisement

Also this could be Mickie's final match if she loses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The OGK are reportedly finished now with Impact.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah, they retained. Unless they lose them at the next tapings.

Wasn't impressed with the Call Your Shot winner. That's going back down the road that caused them trouble before. Only thing that could make that result worse is if he teamed with Good Brothers, who win back the tag titles.

No offence to the Knockouts but it did seem like they were only there to take part in spots, though I guess that's the same for a lot of Rumble participants. Can't even remember Gisele doing anything.

CM Punk chants started when Bobby came out.

Dango challenged Brian Myers. He reminds me so much of The Deep from The Boys.

I'll be happy to see the back of the roh stuff, pco was the only decent one so glad to see he's staying

Im pleased with the winner of the Gauntlet, I think Josh needs someone like that for his next feud, and it's nice to have more uncertainty as to the outcome

Another Throwback Throwdown planned for this year, hope it's as good as last year's

This is the only time I will ever say it but I wish the Good Brothers were in Impact right now

Not sure if it's just his look, his time with Dark Order or his appearances on BTE/Sammy's Vlog, but Alan Angels does not fit into The Design, as I think they're called now. And then the smile doesn't look anyway menacing, if that's what he's going for.

And they just throw a random unannounced ~60 min match on to the weekly show between Mike Bailey and Josh Alexander.

The full amazing 60 minutes uncut between Josh & Speedball

Hmm, this week's episode had the Impact flashback to Hogan coming out and talking. Not sure why they chose that clip. Usually when they have a clip with someone no longer with the company, it's facing a current guy, usually with the current guy winning. Hope they're not bringing Hogan back. Maybe just a one off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bully Ray beat down of his ex father in law incoming.

Advertisement