Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,341 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Heading over to Turning Point in Newcastle next week looking forward for some Impact madness.

Ace Steel is Bound for Glory tonight in Chicago I wonder will his best mate also turn up.

They have made an offer according to Fightful.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Great news imo, I could never get used to calling it Impact, which was a name I just accepted as a necessary evil at the time when TNA was really struggling.

And it did pay off to help the company survive, but now it's time to move back and reclaim the good parts of the TNA legacy.

• Advertisement

Ospreay does it agin what a pro wrestler that match with Speedball is nailed on to be his 6th 5 star match of the year he is the pro wrestler of the year if not the decade.

To put into perspective Roman Regins has only had 6 singles matches in 2023 so far but will win the kayfabe PWI wrestler of the year and will top the PWI 500.

Ospreay has had 5 star matchs in NJPW, AEW, RevPro & Impact this year.

How does the PWI ranking rating work?

I like Roman but I wouldn't put him no. 1

PWI Top 22 of 2023

• 1) Seth Rollins
    • 2) Roman Reigns
    • 3) Jon Moxley
    • 4) Gunther
    • 5) El Hijo del Vikingo
    • 6) MJF
    • 7) Kazuchika Okada
    • 8) Orange Cassidy
    • 9) Josh Alexander
    • 10) Cody Rhodes
    • 11) SANADA
    • 12) Claudio Castagnoli
    • 13) Carmelo Hayes
    • 14) Samoa Joe
    • 15) Masha Slamovich
    • 16) Bryan Danielson
    • 17) Will Ospreay
    • 18) Alexander Hammerstone
    • 19) Bobby Lashley
    • 20) Trey Miguel
    • 21) Kevin Owens
    • 22) Sami Zayn

(WILL AT 17 NOT EVEN TOP 10 OR TOP 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I feel like we've had this argument before (and constantly when the PWI is mentioned).

The list is kayfabe. Match quality or talent isn't taken into account and that's before we talk about Meltzer's star system mattering or not.

Reigns hasn't had many matches but they would look at the title he holds, the size of the promotion, his reign and statistics of wins, defenses, etc.

That's not to take away from Will. Match quality wise and regarding consistency he's probably the best there is right now.

Looking to PWI it should not reflect that and Meltzer when all is said and done is one man with an opinion (which I often agree with) but it shouldn't be the yardstick either.

Probably a very stupid question but who exactly is "PWI" and is Meltzer part of it?

Sorry I don't want to derail the thread

I wonder would WWE allow AJ Styles to go into TNA Impact Hall of Fame as he should be there already

• Advertisement

PWI is a wrestling magazine, stands for Pro Wrestling Illustrated. They've been around decades. Their PWI list is the biggest thing they do really. It's just made up of writers.

Meltzer is not involved with them.

As for whether WWE would allow Styles. Can't imagine they would unless there was some benefit for them. At one stage they allowed Christian to appear on TNA if they allowed Ric Flair to appear while he was under contract with TNA. Not sure there's much modern TNA can offer WWE but you never know. At the same time they might feel that it gives legitimacy to the TNA Hall of Fame when the WWE have their own Hall of Fame already so it might not be to their best interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Didn't A.J do a video last year for Impact/TNA? and Mickie James wrestled at the rumble and was called the Impact woman champion

They seem to have a good relationship, as in WWE knows there is no threat.

Never say never as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say if it came up, they might allow it. He has such strong ties to them and helped build the promotion that it would be petty and probably damaging to any relationship with TNA and Styles if they didn't allow it.

What was with that reaction to Sonny in the Royal... Call Your Shot? Did he get the loudest reaction?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thread title changed to reflect recent news.

The Rock did a video message for Ken Shamrock also

You would think Styles would be one of the first gone in to that HOF, Sting and Angle are in I think

The ones who could be going in in coming years would be Styles, Joe, Daniels, MCMG, EY, Scott D'Amore, AMW, Mickie James, ODB, Beautiful People, Madison Rayne and even Dixie Carter.

Basically all the names that would be mostly associated with TNA and Mickie who could go into both TNA and WWE.

That's true, I'd forgotten about AJ doing a video message, now whether they'd feel the same if it meant him appearing in person who knows.

I always assumed the Mickie James appearance was more of a make-good after the whole bin bag fiasco.

As for the Rock/Ken Shamrock, I remembered it but The Rock is untouchable let's be honest.

I don't think it's impossible but I think an in-person appearance will only happen if it benefits WWE. At the same time maybe they'll just wait it out till AJ retires, can't have many more years left in him.

Punks dirt sheet guy saying Punk was behind the scenes for the impact taping talking with the major players.

In Newcastle now and heading for Turning Point.

The card looks solid and hoping for some TNA/Impact craziness.

• Advertisement

That was a really fun show.

Is it airing as a special?

This week's Impact was just a recap of Bound for Glory and had a very passionate Scott D'amore at the end

Ospreay does it again the best in the world what a pro wrestler.

PWInsider reporting the TNA offered Ospreay the largest contract that any wrestler has been offered since Anthem took full ownership of the company.

It was a 7 figure a year contract.

So TNA were ready to offer him a minimum of $1m a year.

So I'm guessing they had the money for Punk then after Ospreay went to AEW instead.

It's a pity they couldn't get one of them for a limited TV run

IPWF was last night, pretty fun as usual, Josh Alexander's 'Canadian' promo was pretty good

Would like to see AEW and/or WWE do something similar.

I know WWE did a couple of videos before, but it's just a way for wrestlers to have a bit of fun and give us something different. Like how last night, no one was stuck in their usual gimmicks and movesets.

Though Mike Bailey was still barefoot.

Okada is going to be at the Snake Eye event on Jan 14th.

Watching this week's show I have to ask is the camera work for Lucha shows always that bad? What's with the low angles. The cameramen just leave the cameras on the ring and tilt them up instead of having them on their shoulders.

The TNA+ app that launches in a few weeks has a few tiers.

$9.99 a month or $95.99 a year both of which includes TNA/Impact video library.

Or

$219.99 for a year which has the above plus TNA'a 4 PPV's.

The last PPV under the Impact name tonight doesn't look the greatest

• Advertisement

Decent enough final PPV for the Impact name

Two matches announced during it for Snake Eyes the first PPV under the return of TNA.

The Motor City Machine Guns & Okada vs. Moose, Eddie Edwards & Brian Myers

Ospreay vs. Josg Alexander also on that card.

Advertisement