Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ugh, reported now that Don West has sadly passed away. The man was an absolute legend and gave me and my buddy free shirts at the Impact Zone way back when he heard we were from Ireland. RIP.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Him and Tenay are one of my favourite commentator pairings, sad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kazarian announced on Hard to Kill that he has left AEW and signed with Impact, with a load of comments about not recognising the people there anymore.

Santino Marella as new Director of authority. Didn't think he was allowed to use that name.

Looked like there was a slightly different plan for the ending of the main event but they just covered.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No loss for AEW with kaz tbh. Decent wrestler but not much charisma, his elite hunter gimmick never got over.

Josh Alexander out with a triceps tear, has to vacate the title :(

Going to be Maclin vs Kushida to crown a new champ.

That really sucks for Josh, I just hope they can pick it up a few months from now and we finally get the match vs Maclin

• Advertisement

Ah, crap for him.

335 days. I was just wondering who would take the title from him.

Was hoping they wouldn't bring in a WWE guy looking to do it, then realised they haven't really done that kind of thing lately. I don't mean guys like Maclin who barely made an impact (no pun intended) in WWE. I guess those guys who would've done that are going to AEW now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,272 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Mickie James retiring over injuries?

Not too sure if she was retiring or just not cleared. Seemed like retirement. But I'm sure she'll be back.

Must be the first time in a promotion where both men's and women's titles were vacant and up for grabs, outside of a title being vacated due to the holder leaving the company.

Nick Aldis looks to be going for the title now.

With Aldis showing up now you'd have to imagine she'll be back. Purazzo/Maclin against James/Aldis would be a pretty unique storyline

On that note I'm not a huge Aldis fan but I'm glad he's showed up as Macklin will need someone credible to go up against and there's a real lack of top heavyweights now since Josh cleared the place out, plus Macklin was waiting so long he's already beaten most possible challengers

I expected Aldis sooner, with how Bully Ray kept going after Mickie.

• Advertisement

Punk at Impact Chicago taping, supporting Naomi Trinity perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Go on The Motor City Machine Guns.

Well deserved for both men.

Moose has resigned on a longterm deal.

I hope this means another push for him, now that Josh isn't around at the moment

Zachary Wentz making his return this week to reform the Rascalz with Trey Miguel. Though a hell team this time. No Treehouse.

Slammiversary is on tomorrow night.

Hope the X-Division, women's and men's world titles don;t change hands as think Shelley should have a longer run and the just don't want Rush and Trinity winning.

Eric Young is still with WWE, right? Seemed to be teasing his return to team with Scott as Scott was apparently talking to a Team Canada member about whoever he was talking to returning from the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He resigned and was never seen, it's possible he signed a trainer contract which seems easier to walk away from.

I want both machine guns to win, then have Sabin cash in option C and they main event bound for glory, they've earned it.

So Eric Young returned from the dead.

5 title changes.

I said I wouldn't want Deonna, Sabin or Shelley to lose and only 1 kept the title. Lio's win was more convincing than Trinity's. That was a very messy ending. I thought we were done with the days of giving the WWE person the title in their first title match.

Is it a new rule in the Ultimate X that they don't win until both feet are touching the mat with the prize? The fact they emphasised it, I expected shenanigans.

Impact are touring the UK in October.

Glasgow, Newcastle & Coventry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nothing OTT have done in the last 5 years made me want to go to a show, but they have one TBC in October and if they get the machine guns over.........

• Advertisement

Bully Ray reckons he or Tommy Dreamer could draw a million viewers if they were in AEW for the Jack Perry storyline.

They are doing such a great job at drawing huge numbers in Impact being former ECW guys.... oh wait now they aren't.

Well they went all out and spared no expense with the Eric Young "death"

Multiverse United 2 card is coming along nicely now looking forward to watching it next weekend.

Card looking really good for Multiverse United 2..

IMPACT World Championship – Alex Shelley (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

NJPW STRONG Women’s Championship  Giulia (c) vs. Gisele Shaw vs. Momo Kohgo vs. Deonna Purrazzo

IMPACT Digital Media Championship Kenny King (c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Scramble Match  Chris Sabin vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Rich Swann vs. El Desperado vs. MAO vs. BUSHI vs. Kevin Knight vs. YOH

Lio Rush & Trey Miguel vs. Mike Bailey & Hiromu Takahashi

TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. & Shane Haste) vs. Moose & Eddie Edwards

DOUKI vs. Sami Callihan

TJP & Francesco Akira vs. Robbie Eagles & Kosei Fujita

Joe Hendry, Yuya Uemura & Heath vs. Master Wato, Rocky Romero, & Ryusuke Taguchi

Bullet Club (David Finlay, KENTA, Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, Ace Austin, and Chris Bey) vs. The World (PCO, Josh Alexander, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, El Phantasmo, and The DKC)

Fun over all show.

I always feel for the Impact talent that they don't get to perform in front of larger crowds for the shows they put on deserve bigger.

Great to see Giuila make her debut in America the woman is such a star.

Will Ospreay will return to IMPACT Wrestling for Bound For Glory on October 21st

Mike Tenay and Don West to be inducted into the Impact Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory.

They should have done it last year while Don was still with us

Traci Brooks also to be inducted.

• Advertisement

Strange decision with the Feast or Fired considering they just started.

Also seems the rules for that kind of match have changed. They not only have to get the case, they have to get out of the ring with it. Just like seems with Ultimate X they now have to get down to the mat.

Advertisement