Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope this doesnt mean we will see the Good Brothers back in AEW

Was thinking the exact same thing. Hope they never show back up in AEW. Don't think there is anyone in wrestling that has more "go away heat" with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Could see Jay White and the Good Brothers, TUE and The Elite in a sort of Bullet Club Civil War story.

Tension over a Trios title if it were to be introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sacrifice on Saturday and Jonah vs. PCO is one I'm looking forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot that's on this Saturday. WWE MSG is Saturday as well, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah, thought it was going to be on the Network. So the only reason they're promoting it on TV is for ticket sales?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It seems so, I checked the Network schedule and it's not appearing on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Spoilers for last night:

Josh returns! Going to face Moose finally at Rebellion

Some title changes too, Tasha won the women's belt which I didn't see coming, Influence beat the Inspiration, and best of all VBD beat the Good Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I watched this last night. Good show. I see Cassie and Jessie/Peyton and Billie haven't improved much in the ring since leaving WWE however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's an interesting one. Good presentation but in ring I've always found iffy.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan tbh, much better womens wrestlers at Impact but I guess they wanted someone new. It's also so pretty interesting to note how like Josh, she's doing much better than her former tag partner since they left Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor Chelsea broke her wrist again.

Wonder if she came back too soon. I'm sure there was a feud planned with Mickie in the next few weeks.

As happy as I am that the Good Brothers lost the titles, they'll likely still be on TV a lot with GOD and BC.

Josh signed a multi year deal going by what he said. Curious if it was the best he could get.

Macklin is just being a loner and not joining Honor No More? Going by the fact he attacked Eddie first.

I'm looking forward to seeing Zicky Dice going to "Swinger's Dungeon" next week :D

And there's the expected heel turn.

Impact having an event next Friday called Multiverse of Matches.

(copied from wrestlinginc)

Ultimate X for the Impact X Division Title

Vincent vs. Chris Bey vs. Rich Swann vs. Willie Mack vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Trey Miguel (c)

Champ Champ Challenge

Deonna Purrazzo defends her ROH Women’s World Title or her AAA Reina de Reinas Title

The Bullet Club vs. Impact

Jay White vs. Chris Sabin

NJPW vs. Pro Wrestling NOAH

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Eddie Edwards

ROH vs. Impact (Non-Title)

ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. The Good Brothers

Impact World Champion Moose and PCO vs. Josh Alexander and Jonah

Alex Shelley vs. Mike Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Moose speared Alexander's Wife at a Destiny Wrestling show....show me a better heel right now! Awesome build up to Rebellion.

At least the Briscoes lost through interference.

And we have Taya back. I didn't know Deonna's opponent but I don't watch AAA.

Looked like something went wrong during that Ultimate X match going by the way everyone was acting at the end.

Once again the poor production is clear. Whether it was entrance music or talking on the microphone. And when they cut to the back thru would miss the first few seconds of audio.

Surprised Sabin won.

Rebellion card for tomorrow

Preshow - Trey Miguel (c) vs. Ace Austin vs. Mike Bailey Three-way match for the Impact X Division Championship

Preshow - The Influence (Madison Rayne and Tenille Dashwood) (c) vs. The IInspiration (Cassie Lee and Jessie McKay) Tag team match for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship

Moose (c) vs. Josh Alexander Singles match for the Impact World Championship

Jonathan Gresham vs. Eddie Edwards Singles match

Jonah vs. Tomohiro Ishii Singles match

Tasha Steelz (c) vs. Rosemary Singles match for the Impact Knockouts World Championship

Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie Singles match for the AAA Reina de Reinas Championship

Chris Sabin vs. Jay White vs. Steve Maclin Three-way match

Violent By Design (Eric Young, Deaner, and/or Joe Doering) (c) vs. Seven teams TBA Eight-Team Elimination Challenge for the Impact World Tag Team Championship

X-Division title match shouldn't be on a pre-show, especially not just to get more 'outsiders' on the show, or a 8 team tag match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Agreed! Mike Bailey has to take this, he's so so good and has been a highlight of many shows lately. His BOLA performances in particular were a sight to behold.

I thought the Edwards/Gresham match was for the title but looks like that's not the case.

This is one of their big PPVs that has been advertised for a while, though they had those other events. Yet the only match that been really built for more than a couple weeks is the Moose/Alexander match. And that got more promotion and video packages than Roman/Brock.

Gresham was "not medically cleared" so Chris Bey replaced him. Some speculation that Tony Khan pulled him. The Influence v The IInspiration was as clunky as their matches always are but then they're not really relying on their in ring ability.

Was reading he possibly suffered a concussion at AEW tapings.

Resulted in the X Division title match being moved to the main show where it should've been.

Apart from the X Division title match which I wasn't sure about, I don't think there were any real surprises with the winners.

It was a good show. I don't follow TNA all that closely week to week but I often end up watching the PPVs when they're on Saturdays. The X division match was great.

Impact had another Special Live Event or whatever they're called last night. Under Siege.

Few things of note (will spoiler in case this is the first people heard of the event and want to check it out.

Mia Yim returned. So guess that rules out AEW for now.

Briscoes are new Impact tag champions.

Sami Callihan returned.

On a side note, I don't like Tasha's finisher, especially on someone like Havok.

There's a little bit too much forbidden door going on on Impact for my taste, at the moment, but otherwise I'm really enjoying the show at the moment. It seems more consistent in terms of both stories and wrestling than the other shows nowadays

I think they use it well though. Like they've a small roster yet somehow they don't seem to have the same matches over and over again. They do lose people but then they also bring in people either part time or full time to change things up. And if I was to look at their matches I'm sure I would see a lot of repeats but it just doesn't always feel that way for some reason.

Slammiversary this Sunday

Preshow

Rich Swann (c) vs. Brian Myers Singles match for the Impact Digital Media Championship

Participants TBA Reverse Battle Royal

Main show

Josh Alexander (c) vs. Eric Young Singles match for the Impact World Championship

Ace Austin (c) vs. Kenny King vs. Mike Bailey vs. Trey Miguel vs. Jack Evans vs. Alex Zayne Ultimate X match for the Impact X Division Championship

Tasha Steelz (c) vs. Chelsea Green vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Mia Yim Queen of the Mountain match for the Impact Knockouts World Championship (Mickie James is serving as the special guest enforcer)

The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) (c) vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson) Tag team match for the Impact World Tag Team Championship

Impact Originals (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian, Nick Aldis, and TBA) vs. Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, PCO, and Vincent) 10-man tag team match

Sami Callihan vs. Moose Monster's Ball match

The Influence (Madison Rayne and Tenille Dashwood) (c) vs. Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie Tag team match for the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship

• Advertisement

That's a very nice card, looking forward to this.

I wonder who the final impact original will be? I hope it's going to be someone we haven't seen for a long time and not like Chris Harris or Storm

Advertisement