Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah would we be talking weeks....a month maybe???
    F*ckin balls!
    Screenshot-20210409-092636.jpg
    Split my head open this morning at work.
    Only thing I was looking forward to was restrictions easing and getting some decent spins in on the bike.
    Any idea how long it takes a wound to heal so I won't open it up putting
    on and off a helmet?
    I've had 13 staples put in the corner of my forehead ffs :mad:
    zubair wrote: »
    3o0n.gif

giphy.gif

Blade, thats a nasty scratch alright, you realise you're going to have to embelish that story with tales of derring do if you want to impress the kids/chicks/blokes with how your scar came to be? :D
    (I tripped over myself and fell into a wall butters no parsnips round here!)

You can't even say you were drunk ffs :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

giphy.gif

Blade, thats a nasty scratch alright, you realise you're going to have to embelish that story with tales of derring do if you want to impress the kids/chicks/blokes with how your scar came to be? :D
    (I tripped over myself and fell into a wall butters no parsnips round here!)

You can't even say you were drunk ffs :pac::pac::pac:

Too sexy already skill so was downplaying it.
    Just between you and I it was a cleaver wielding Triad gang that I took out! :pac:

Seriously though, the older you get, the tales surrounding the battle scars get less and less heroic.
    I think I just want an easier life these days

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

Sh1t!!!!!! That’s nasty blade! Were you discharged from hospital soon afterwards? Would a flip faced helmet be of any benefit to you? Speedy recovery.

8-C124-C29-0-C75-4-CD9-A9-EF-A8196-B8-F936-E.jpg

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    Sh1t!!!!!! That’s nasty blade! Were you discharged from hospital soon afterwards? Would a flip faced helmet be of any benefit to you? Speedy recovery.
    Thanks Q.
    I don't know to be honest about flip lid.
    Yeah hospital was unreal quick. Probably 2 hours in total and an hour of that was observation after anesthetic or whatever reason.

• Advertisement

Thanks Q.
    I don't know to be honest about flip lid.
    Yeah hospital was unreal quick. Probably 2 hours in total and an hour of that was observation after anesthetic or whatever reason.

2 hours in CUH? :eek: that’s a near record for there. Out of interest were you asked for a Covid test? I know many people have reservations on those lids.

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    2 hours in CUH? :eek: that’s a near record for there. Out of interest were you asked for a Covid test? I know many people have reservations on those lids.

Nope was expecting one tbh.
    I had to do one in the Mater last year.
    Just asked me had I any covid symptoms.
    Even though everyone had masks and waiting room was sectioned off with Perspex sheets, it felt like covid wasn't the hot topic anymore.
    Actually a welcome change from having it force fed to you from all angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Split my head open this morning at work.
    Only thing I was looking forward to was restrictions easing and getting some decent spins in on the bike.
    Any idea how long it takes a wound to heal so I won't open it up putting
    on and off a helmet?
    I've had 13 staples put in the corner of my forehead ffs :mad:

I split my head when i was much younger.
    Think it took about 2 months to fully heal, they used a medical based super glue though, so don't know if that sped up or slowed down the process

goblin59 wrote: »
    I split my head when i was much younger.
    Think it took about 2 months to fully heal, they used a medical based super glue though, so don't know if that sped up or slowed down the process

Lidl probably do something similar!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Yeah would we be talking weeks....a month maybe???
    F*ckin balls!
    Screenshot-20210409-092636.jpg

Jesus h, what you bang it off!?

• Advertisement

H_Lime wrote: »
    Jesus h, what you bang it off!?

Read page before this one H.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Declare jihad on the wall!
    Bad luck but good luck it wasn't your eye or brains:eek:
    No lid for a month I'd say?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Declare jihad on the wall!
    Bad luck but good luck it wasn't your eye or brains:eek:
    No lid for a month I'd say?

What brain? :pac:

Probably no lid for a while ffs.
    Wonder can I go back driving for work soon or what.
    They probably wouldn't care if I dropped dead but might not leave me drive in case I run into someone else :o

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I don't think I look like an Islamic terrorist :rolleyes:

IMG-20210409-152122.jpg

Maybe a bit now....
    Bombs away!!! :pac:

Screenshot-20210409-220005-01.jpg
    Feck that is ugly did they not have enough bandage to cover up the whole lot
    :-) :-)
    In all seriousness though looks like a decent bang alright hope you have a lot of paracetamol Lying about

Feck that is ugly did they not have enough bandage to cover up the whole lot
    :-) :-)
    In all seriousness though looks like a decent bang alright hope you have a lot of paracetamol Lying about

I feel a lot more f*cked from it today than yesterday.
    Couldn't sleep last night.
    Any time I was nodding off I got a startle and was wide awake again.
    It catching up with me now.
    Hopefully sleep like a log tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Went for a brain scan, they found nothing. XD

zubair wrote: »
    Went for a brain scan, they found nothing. XD

Yeah?
    Me too!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Jaysis that's nasty. Heal up well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I didn't think the wall stood a chance against your headbutt, Blade.

Mind yourself though, that's a nasty bang and concussions are no joke, especially if it's not your first. The bike'll still be there waiting for ya.

I feel a lot more f*cked from it today than yesterday.
    Couldn't sleep last night.
    Any time I was nodding off I got a startle and was wide awake again.
    It catching up with me now.
    Hopefully sleep like a log tonight.

I think this will help you sleep a little better :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6omsDyFNlk
    J
    Sweet dreams

• Advertisement

Anyone use Bluetooth headset / intercoms for listening to music / sat nav directions
    Can you hear clearly with earplugs in ?
    is it a distraction listening to music / radio do you guys find

I am thinking of getting the kit for the helmet Smart HJC 10B
    https://www.motocard.com/en/electronic-gear/hjc-smart_hjc_10b_black.aspx?country=IE&currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj_ng7dr17wIVju3tCh0OPAdlEAQYAiABEgInrvD_BwE

Only reason I was thinking of this kit is that it is made for my I90 Helmet
    There is a battery recess built in to the helmet and the speakers will just snap in without any cutting or sticky tape / velcro

The sun visor slider is on the lower left and might be an issue for say the Sena 20 S which undoutably has more features

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have a sena 20s but use with Shure earbuds to get better sound and also act as plugs. Can hear road just fine but can hear music and calls perfect too.

I don't find any of it a distraction.

listermint wrote: »
    Have a sena 20s but use with Shure earbuds to get better sound and also act as plugs. Can hear road just fine but can hear music and calls perfect too.

I don't find any of it a distraction.
    Ah did not realise you could pair your 20 S with wireless earbuds instead of the speakers :-)
    I wonder does the 10 offer that feature
    Something else to consider
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ah did not realise you could pair your 20 S with wireless earbuds instead of the speakers :-)
    I wonder does the 10 offer that feature
    Something else to consider
    Cheers

No these are plugged in wires ones . There's an auxillary input on the 20s.

Mine are wired in.

Mine are wired in.

Is the sound on the native speakers not great? Need to buy a new system as the cardo I haves battery life is degrading. Only really use it to listen to music on my phone. The cardo is fine but would like to get an upgrade on the sound from the speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I find music has added greatly to my enjoyment of riding solo. I'd avoided it for ages due to a fear of it being distracting, but I haven't found it to be so.

It also makes riding two up way better, and I'd safely say it's the same with riding with a mate or a group (although I've not done that with an intercom yet).

I find music has added greatly to my enjoyment of riding solo. I'd avoided it for ages due to a fear of it being distracting, but I haven't found it to be so.

It also makes riding two up way better, and I'd safely say it's the same with riding with a mate or a group (although I've not done that with an intercom yet).

So used to riding with music that it feels sort of empty when its not on, wouldn't be without it now.

Mine are wired in.
    Cheers Lad :-)
    There is certainly no aux in on the 10B that i was thinking of getting
    So I would imagine i would be stuck with the supplied speakers and im not so sure they would be great with earplugs in
    i'm already half deaf as it is so want to keep the little hearing I have :-)
    Just thought it may be handy for calls or gps directions while on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Cheers Lad :-)
    There is certainly no aux in on the 10B that i was thinking of getting
    So I would imagine i would be stuck with the supplied speakers and im not so sure they would be great with earplugs in
    i'm already half deaf as it is so want to keep the little hearing I have :-)
    Just thought it may be handy for calls or gps directions while on the bike

Check the reviews on that model, I find most decent headsets, sena/ cardo basically, you can hear fine with ear plugs in. I wear ear plugs with mine and can hear everything even while on the motorway. The quality of music is lost a bit but you can still hear OK.

I play tunes on the motorway but have to turn it way down around town, I find it distracting then.

I think using an intercom on a group spin makes it a lot more fun....maybe not for everyone else though LOL.

• Advertisement

Which ones do you have Z?

Advertisement