Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Only skimmed through the video but I didn't see any wheelies, dangerous overtakes, near death misses!

You'll never make it on youtube at this rate!

... or rev-bombing and mirror-whacking.
    There must be a gap in the videosphere for everyday riders showing anticipation, avoidance and tolerance.

BTW:
    I saw a good tip for recording sound:
    Use a mobile phone for audio, wrapped in cloth, under the seat.
    Combine video and audio tracks on the PC.
    Help time-synch the tracks with a hand-clap before setting-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Think the weather is looking good enough to finally get a new battery for the Blackbird and get her going again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

I’ve bought a 1991 CBR1000F. Needs a bit of work but not impossible to get it going again. Same bike last seen road at Joey Dunlop’s funeral. Having seen how LIGHTNING is getting in with his NSR I don’t see it as impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I see the table lift Hourigans sell has gone up 100 quid over Brexit to €599. Anyone have it? Still feels like a solid investment if its decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,026 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

FML

and yes, I'm nearly within a week of taking a whole fúcking year to repair my fork seals....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113091209&postcount=7306

As I said above, f**k my life...

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

FML

and yes, I'm nearly within a week of taking a whole fúcking year to repair my fork seals....

Classic option paralysis:)
    Get her sorted Eoin, clocks going forward and tony hooligans gona declare an amnesty for bikers to travel anywhere on sunny days! The horses head I left in his bed was a subtle persuader!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

FML

i was meant to be driving him around Ireland last summer, my mate runs a tour bus company and needed drivers xD

Was going to get tickets for him (Vicar St I think) about 15 years ago but the other half did not approve :(

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Was going to get tickets for him (Vicar St I think) about 15 years ago but the other half did not approve :(

maybe if he reschedules Ireland!
    whole touring industry is ****ed though, between this pandemic and Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Rossi in the F1 Mercedes and Hamilton on the Yamaha on the TV there :eek:

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Rossi in the F1 Mercedes and Hamilton on the Yamaha on the TV there :eek:

Is that an ad for a show or what blade? Savage to have F1 and MotoGP back today. Joan Mir is going to lose sleep over that last corner and straight.

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Is that an ad for a show or what blade? Savage to have F1 and MotoGP back today. Joan Mir is going to lose sleep over that last corner and straight.

That was my phone recording the F1 channel off the TV before the race today.

Never had any interest in F1 but watched drive to survive on Netflix and thought it was excellent so definitely more into what's going on in the background now.

Never had any interest in F1 but watched drive to survive on Netflix and thought it was excellent so definitely more into what's going on in the background now.

I enjoy F1 but if I had to pick between the too I'd watch the season through drive to survive. Brilliantly done. I'd say it has delivered mental growth for F1 viewership.

ronanc15 wrote: »
    I enjoy F1 but if I had to pick between the too I'd watch the season through drive to survive. Brilliantly done. I'd say it has delivered mental growth for F1 viewership.

I'd say so yeah.
    Even had me watching what was going on around the paddock hours before the race today.
    I suppose now that I've got to know the drivers a bit more.
    Hopefully they'll do one for Moto GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

When Rossi was at his pomp Ferrari gave him a test in the car and he was right up with the times that Schumacher was doing, apperantly they tried to sign him over the next few years but he wouldn't go.

Edit - He was .7 seconds off Schumacher

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/valentino-rossi-ferrari-test-drives/862154/amp/

Interestingly marquez tested a red bull I believe it was a couple of years ago and was ridiculously off the pace, think he was 15 seconds slower than Max was. I thought that was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Drive to survive is excellent, the F1 is boring. Lol

Putting the Blackbird back on the road this week I think, picking up a new battery for her.

She's been sat up since November, so what checks / maintenance does she need before going for a spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Putting the Blackbird back on the road this week I think, picking up a new battery for her.

She's been sat up since November, so what checks / maintenance does she need before going for a spin?

Oil/filter change.
    Check tyres away you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Oil/filter change.
    Check tyres away you go...

Ehhh you forgot wash:)

Check brakes are all OK, no leaks and lever firm, ensure fluid is at correct level and that they're not binding.
    Check oil level, esp if carbed after a lay up.
    Typre pressures, chain tension and lube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

H_Lime wrote: »
    Check brakes are all OK, no leaks and lever firm, ensure fluid is at correct level and that they're not binding.
    Check oil level, esp if carbed after a lay up.
    Typre pressures, chain tension and lube.

You also forgot wash it.

It can't go fast if it's dirty.

listermint wrote: »
    You also forgot wash it.

Oh! And after washing it do this before riding it

listermint wrote: »

*insert Yer Ma joke*

That's not all he inserted

boom boom

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Watch a lot of bike reviews on YouTube and many (UK) mention in passing test rides in dealerships could be 30 to 60 minutes long. Seems a lot, only brand new bikes i bought were many years ago and pretty sure such long test rides weren't the norm.

Spray painted some nuts and bolts, came out ok but not too sure it'll last, anyone try this

https://youtu.be/5Sty5upsadY

It's a chemical brushed on to cause blueing, looks decent

Film about father and son team in the Baja 1000 for anyone looking for something to watch

Be watchin that later!

H_Lime wrote: »
    Be watchin that later!

Part 2 is out as well. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

One of the coils currently in it

I used electrical contact cleaner to clean it subsequently

6-FFD11-F6-4-DD6-4379-BE18-440-F6-AB8-E191.jpg

Old side stand switch

52471413-BC69-4-F36-91-F1-F3-C67-B0447-A9.jpg

• Advertisement

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    One of the coils currently in it

I used electrical contact cleaner to clean it subsequently

6-FFD11-F6-4-DD6-4379-BE18-440-F6-AB8-E191.jpg

Old side stand switch

52471413-BC69-4-F36-91-F1-F3-C67-B0447-A9.jpg

It's going to be a process of elimination.
    Any burnt wires around main fuse/starter solenoid?

Advertisement