Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

486 hours over 32 games.

25% of those hours were Baldurs Gate 3.

Also got 486 trophies (4 plat), which is an extremely pleasing average of exactly 1 trophy per hour.

Top 5 games:

Baldurs Gate 3

Star Wars Jedi Survivor

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

Lies of P

Like A Dragon Ishin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

1301 hours

93 games

Rocket League in the top again

70% on PS5 games, 2% on PSVR, rest PS4

Not a big fan of the way they've done it this year. Or just the mobile version isn't as good. Will check it again on desktop. Think my hours are down. I'll blame Xbox for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

247 hours

8 games.

Immortals Fenyx Rising has the top spot at 84 hours

Followed by GoW: Ragnarok @ 46 hours, Horizon FW @ 40 hours, Gotham Knights @ 27 and Guardians of the Galaxy @ 19. GotG was also the first game I played this year.

I do have it a bit confused though. I'm currently playing Horizon with the app showing 51 hours played, the wrap up has it in my top 5 with 40 hours played, while the monthly playtimes are showing 25 hours played due to me starting last month. I haven't played since Sunday night so guess the stats are from last week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What's so good about Fenyx Rising?

Genuinely curious as its sat in my backlog for a while and it's clearly got something if you've put that much time into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I loved Fenyx Rising too. It has a great mix of puzzles and combat, a fun open world, lots of exploration, and just a lot of charm. It's Ubisoft's attempt at a Breath of the Wild, so it has a lot of the same design ideas, but because it's Ubisoft there's also a lot of needless collecting for upgrades etc.

It's just a fairly fun, relaxing times, with some decent enough puzzles and challenges mixed in.

• Advertisement

That's the main game and its DLC combined. So main story and a load of side quests for each.

Was just an enjoyable open world game. Was compared to Breath of the Wild at release as if some kind of criticism.

The game was pretty light and cheerful as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PS Stars - another 50 points up for grabs. Play any of these games from ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

1237 hours

143 games/ 1551 trophies

Used an alot of the Premium stuff like Trials so maybe that's why game count is so high.

MWII, CP2077, ME3, FFXVI and SW Jedi Survivor highest hours count.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

521 hours - Fortnite 130 hours, Final Fantasy XVI 55 hours, Hogwarts Legacy 54 hours, Dead Island 2 45 hours, Star Wars Jedi Survivor 37 hours

48 games - 98.27% of game time on 39 Ps5 games, 1.73% on 9PS4 games

324 trophies - 1 platinum, 12 gold, 56 silver, 255 bronze

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It looks like my numbers are off. 100 hours is so much lower than everyone else considering my PS5 is my main console and it's my main hobby. I played a lot of multiplayer bots in Modern Warfare Remastered and it didn't make 5th place at 7hrs. Looking at the monthly breakdown it's only showing 1-2 hours of Gran Turismo each month up until Armored Core came out. No way that's accurate. I easily put an hour or two in a single day messing around in MW and several hours in a week. Oh well!

Also just realised I replayed RDR2, which is a 40 hour story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

I think some of the counters are messed up alright.

Some games definitely seems to count when left on pause.

Started GoW Ragnarok Vahalla free DLC last night and it's way better than expected. Has way more story than I thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Mine was 533 hours, mostly on Jedi Survivor on 73 hours, when you average it out it seems a bit on the low side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

I knew my playtime was low but this is crazy as I had one last year unless they changed the data and I didn't click it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

374 hours playing 76 games. I'd say easily 50 of those games have under an hour in them.

111 hours on FF16

31 hours on Trials of Mana

16 on Fortnite

^ Those are my top 3 so def lots of smaller doses

324 trophies though with 5 platinums

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's like breath of the wild but with a good story, interesting characters, and things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I hit 660 hours across 121 games. Great year 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Another handy 50 points in the stars campaign. Download and play Rocket League.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Even though I own Trials Rising, streamed it and the campaign pinged before the streaming even fully loaded.

Thanks for the reminders 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

Hi PS5 community! A PS5 is coming into my house for the first time from Santa for 2 boys (primary school age) Up until now they have only been allowed play some Minecraft and FIFA on the iPad .

what’s the best idiots guide or advice, I know I need to subscribe to PlayStation plus and I have 2 physical game discs to get us started.

go easy on me…I last played regular games when FIFA ‘98 was new!

edit: it’s a combined disk drive/digital version and I’ve ordered 2 controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Best advice is to plug it in and get it set up for Christmas as the games and system will more than likely require updates once its turned on and that can put a dampener down on Christmas if speeds are slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You only need PlayStation plus to play online, it also give 3 games each month (no choice of game) but age rating on the games vary. You also actively have to add those games to library each month or you've missed them, once added they're there for good while subbed.

You need to set up a main account and the set up 2 child account tied to is, main account should be the ps plus account. Not sure how restricted child accounts are or can be set, old thing kids used to do was make an account withfake age. Not an expert on child accounts.

Downloading updates even on fast Internet can take hours depending on games, if you don't want to play online at first a lot games can skip this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Chances are there will be a PS5 pro out next year too.

My guess is €600 for console + game, game is out sometime in 2025.

That game will sell by the bucketload and will help shift a fair amount of PS5s and xboxes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Download fortnite for them which is free. I presume you can download 2 accounts for it. My 2 young lads love it and to be fair so do I as I play it over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Speculation at the moment considering we don't know if the Pro will definitely come out and we don't know how GTA6 will perform.

I'd imagine it would be a boost in frame rate (30fps to 60fps, smoother experience) and/or boost in resolution (slightly sharper image).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Damien360

Be wary of child accounts. They are very restrictive with regard to which games they can play. Been a while but we couldn’t play 2 player on a game I owned due to account restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only 108 million more to beat the PS2! And approximately 30 million more than the SX/S, and 31 million away from being in the top 10 selling consoles to join the other 4. Looking at the top 10, it's 4 PS's, the 360 and the rest are Nintendo. Can see why they don't need to compete with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

First party Sony games sold 36% digitally, for those getting caught up in the narrative from media saying nobody buys physical anymore...

And at the last minute Forbidden West comes in and takes Immortals' spot as longest played at 91 hours.

So think that's the last game of 2023 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Always fun to see Microsoft getting their arse kicked 😊

The downside is that it makes price drops on the PS5 much less likely. Sony can charge what they like because people will pay it.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement