Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

@JimBurnley 👆 that was uncalled for! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone who owns Days Gone is a richer person. Not economically, but emotionally

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking with later versions of the Wii they removed Wii Sports, so was thinking would they do the same with Astro on the new PS5 model. I doubt they would since would be a foolish move.

Id say absolutely no chance. Its a dualsense haptics showcase extravaganza. The best next gen feeling for me since going from PS2 to booting up PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Indeed, the only game I've seen that comes close to it wrt use of the haptics is Returnal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Anyone know how to get the PS5 earth collection cover plates in Ireland? I have the controller and love the finish looks great.

Can't get them on Playstation direct UK or US even with Address Pal. No luck on Amazon, Ebay is extortionate. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Have you tried Amazon DE? That is where I got the official black plates about a year ago. Had to pay a little over the odds but nothing crazy like on eBay.

Yeah no joy, I got the Starlight blue controller and cover from Amazon.DE a while back, same deal paid more than the RRP.

I ended up getting it on Ebay. Paid €110, but I'm selling the Starlight blue items so will make up the cost.

Cobalt blue is the best looking finish by far, can't wait to see the Console with it.

Mine is in a unit behind me so I wouldn't really be that bothered with colour, but everything else in that cabinet is black so I had to get the black plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New PS Stars campaign, grab 50 points when you start any of the new PS Plus games.

I checked that for the first time the other week and turns out I had enough points for a 10 euro voucher. Gonna use it on Alan Wake 2.

If you have access to an Xbox Series console you can switch the website to Iceland and grab it for less than €40 for the standard or €52 for the deluxe and use those vouchers on something else.

This can be done on your Irish account without an Icelandic billing address as you can buy from any regional store in the EEA on an EU based account.

I actually sold my Series X when I finished Starfield. Between that game being a colossal disappointment, them shutting down the cheap gamepass upgrade path and the fact that there is nothing I want to play on it, I just won't use it anymore. I also have decent PC these days which makes having an xbox almost completely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I do like the Cobalt Blue Dualsense.

Fair enough. I know this is the PS5 board but I know most people would take the cheapest option for games if possible, they're expensive enough as it is between the cost going up and living expenses significantly increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The best way to save money is to wait a few years on games and wait for the dust to settle patch, upgrade, remaster wise. Then get it for 1/4 the price or less. Not applicable for Nintendo first party stuff. Or if you want to play a game NOW. I can wait a few years for Spiderman 2 for example.

I am also one of these people who bought a Series X and PS5 during covid having never owned Xbox or PS before. Can't decide which to get rid of. Have quite a few games I need to at least try on Xbox, so I might sell the PS for now, and complete the XBox stuff, then sell that and switch to PS for either the slim or pro model in a few years time. And get those current games a lot cheaper.

First world problems. 😒

Yeah see I have mine wall mounted. Thanks anyway

PS5 has been gathering dust at mine also. Not really fussed on SM2. Loved the novelty and visuals of MM at launch as Id never played a Spiderman game before but have to admit it got a bit samey toward the end.

Someone mentioned Returnal, Rift Apart and Demon's Souls in the Gaming Discussion thread a couple days ago as being PS5 must plays. I see they're all in the catalogue. Hopefully will get stuck into them over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

And if you don't want to wait a few years, games are up to €20 off in as little as 2-3 months, bigger titles in as little as 6 months. Plus reasonable discounts to be had at Black Friday. Lower prices with CeX or Amazon Warehouse options too.

Speaking about physical games at least. If a game isn't a day 1 buy for me I buy it a few months later when I have time for a new game and it's often a lot cheaper.

If cost of living is a concern for someone then day 1 game purchases likely aren't a priority anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can still get great deals on trading in physical to CEX. I got AC Mirage for €50, didn't like it so traded it in against Spiderman 2, got €37 cash I think, so SM2 cost me €38, and I traded that in lately for €47 cash, so I made money! And it doesn't sting as much when brand new releases are basically half price due to trading. It's why I'll never go digital day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Brought home my first ps5 yesterday, updated and downloaded HFW. Got an hours play out of it this evening all great, then just turned off and now its a brick :(

Tried the troubleshooting tips about, unplugging, trying a disk, plug in controller etc, no joy. Will let it overnight now and try again tomorrow, but I don't have high expectations.

Its obviously under warranty, should I go back to shop or through sony? any experience?

Try putting it into recovery mode and resetting it. You will need a usb with the full PS5 firmware on it, which is available on the PlayStation website.

If that fails bring it back to the store with your receipt and they should exchange it for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

I tried everything at this point, there is no sign of life, I tried different power lead, didn't work and tested the original with another appliance, no issue with lead. I'm getting the impression the power supply is gone.

I will try again in the morning, and box it up and take it back if same.

What about account info on the device itself, is a password reset enough to cover that?

Thanks

Wow, Sony quietly removed the ability to get psn credit through the stars campaign annnnnnddd i will no longer be doing those campaigns or posting them here. FFS Sony "For the Players" my hole!

Nice. Goes well with their PS Plus Black Friday "deals" for everyone except current sub holders. Sony are some craic these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Weird. The 5euro credit still an option for me, so I quickly redeemed my points... not sure if it cos I earned them before this sneaky change?

I saw it on Reddit so if anyone sees the credit and has the points, I would redeem asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Both the 5 and 20 euro options were still there for me. Claimed 2 €5 vouchers with the points I had left just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Option was there for the 5 and 20 euro rewards

Topped up with two x 5s just in case.

Advertisement