Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

Still there aswell I just redeemed the fiver as it's all I'd enough for. Is this change for good or is it some bug? I really liked the idea of this.

Sony have been so tight lately and don't get me started on the bizarre portal device. Just give me a vita 2 which is actually supported please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Is it meant to be you can only claim the money reward once maybe, had anyone tried to do it more than once?

Still there for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

That's not it, I've claimed the fiver 4 or 5 times now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Ah ok cheers, I'll claim mine straight away in case they do get taken down, thanks for the heads up folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just a note I've often had trouble claiming more than one voucher at a time through the PS app. Fully closing the app and re-opening tends to work and allows you to claim the next voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thanks. Was trying to redeem 2 5 euro vouchers and second one wouldn't go through. Worked after reloading app

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Smyths flogging the Portal for 230 for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

I'd say I'll wait for the second version or when they allow Cloud streaming on it. Seems braindead for that not to be there at launch.

It seems cool but not sure how much I'd actually use it.Maybe when watching sports.

Anybody getting it? Interest to see how speeds/lag are with Irish internet🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

People don't use remote play due to lag/latency issues as most people are using wireless connections. If you aren't using an ethernet connection, forget about it.

Get a controller mount and use a phone or tablet. The Portal doesn't support WiFi 6, Bluetooth headphones or have an OLED screen.

People should try their phones a good but first before investing in a device with pretty limited capability. See how you get on with it at home during different times of the day and make sure the networking works.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Sales seem to be starting in Smyths for Black Friday.

FFXVI 35e

Forspoken down to 10e

Can't resist at that price when can sell to cex for 7e or 10e voucher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Spot on. No OLED and no Bluetooth = no thanks. I'd also be worried if you had problems with the thumbsticks how easy would they be to replace. At least with something like the Steam Deck you'd have more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

No bluetooth seems daft, it is so cheap. But then again it does hog battery and Sony don't tend to do Bluetooth. Even the PS5 needs a dongle to use the official PS5 headset!

A cheap 3.5mm dongle will do the job here too if the USB C port doesn't transfer audio.

Even stranger, the new €200 PlayStation earbuds (that do work with the Portal via PlayStation link), do support Bluetooth!

OLED would be nice but that would drive up the costs too. And Sony stuff is already at a premium. This at a little over 200 is tempting, this at 300+ is a different proposition.

As was posted in the portal thread Sony has said there is no reason why cloud gaming wouldn't work as the tech is the same. They just wanted to take their time and make sure it was a good experience. So fully expect that to come in a software update in the next 6 months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH I think it’s way too expensive given the specs, but if it did have a premium screen like an OLED or more robust feature set then it might justify a higher price tag. Kind of feels like it’s in an underwhelming, far too expensive middle ground at the moment.

That said, I’m also not sure a streaming device - which will inevitably be showing a compressed image - is the thing to make full use of the high dynamic range and contrast of a premium screen either. Hence why a dedicated portable is a much more attractive option for me.

Yeah I forgot the PS5 headset uses wireless - probably because I have it's dongle plugged into the back of the console. The Portal looks lovely imo but it's not for me. You'll have your hands full anyway with this and the OLED Steam Deck on the way. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'll see tomorrow when it lands but from all reports the screen is nice and the thing is comfortable to use. I use the Deck remote play, and even my phone a lot. I used to play a lot of Stadia on the phone. Played most of RE8 on the phone. So I'm not averse to playing this way. But they all have concessions you have to make to play games in bed. The portal is very much an unnecessary luxury. But I think it is the best way to play the PS5 remotely. But that's all it is.

Not that I have time to play any of this stuff 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

PS5 plus FC24 for 399 with clubcard in tesco this morning. Solid enough deal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Now there is €100 off the PS5 disk console in Smyths, after I buying one last week 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,026 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ugh, time to unsubscribe from this thread!! 😫

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you bought it online and it's unopened, return it within 14 days.

Then re-buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sony are currently offering 6 months free of Apple Music.

To avail, just download Apple Music from All Apps in the media home area and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up or log in.

Needs to be redeemed by 15 November 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭a2deden

I dont think ive ever paid for anything apple outside the phone lol, i got 3 months apple tv for just signing into my samsung tv

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's the second Apple offer since the PS5 launced. And it'll be the second time to ignore it. I dislike Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

Can that offer be stacked on top of the current offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Logged into the app just to see if I had a PS plus sub discount. I don't.

But what I did get was a 10 part captcha games to match the correct picture by clicking through multiple possibilities. So was enter username, enter password, complete 10 puzzles before the password is confirmed, enter 2FA code confirm console is linked, set data preferences and finally get to the store.

Do they not want people to use their app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It also loads to slowly and nearly everytime you want to do something with your account you have to sign in again anyway.

It's only real use for me is to see if friends are online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

Info taken from the Amazon thead. PS5 controllers are now sealing for around 45 euro

Advertisement