Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I assume you've checked the HDMIs are plugged in correctly on both the TV and PS5?

Might be worth trying a different cable as well in case it was damaged when it fell.

If neither work I'd say his next step is to contact Sony and look for a repair through them. A wild guess but I doubt it'll be fixed for less than €200?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

Pal of mine broke the HDMI port. We had a look at the soldering needed. That was some tight looking work. Must be a special kit involved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, using a different HDMI at the moment that works on other devices, but nothing going to the screen. And same with safe mode, nothing appears on the screen at all.

Didn't realise Sony offered a repair service. Probably best to go straight to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

State of play if you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMC9Gbmvza0

I might be the only one that would prefer if the next HellDivers was the old school top down view, really liked the first one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There's a free silent hill available to play called The Short Message that was launched that SOP

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't tried it yet but getting poor reviews saying it's a mix of Life is Strange and Silent Hill which sounds right up my street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Big rumours of heaps of first party Xbox games showing up on PS5.

Starfield, Indiana Jones etc.

Wild strategy change from MS but could see from a mile off their current strategy was unsustainable. So secretive about GP numbers for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm gonna assume the reason is it doesn't paint a great picture, or at least not the one that MS are pushing. As I've said in other threads, if they put as much effort into making games as they do in making accessories, they may not need to do this. I don't know why MS have fallen from their 360 grace, but they have proven they can pump out good games, so I'm not sure what is happening the last 5+ years. They're more interested in acquisition, and all that monies could have been pumped into decent games instead. *shrug*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm all for playing gears of war on the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Handy 50 points for playing one of the new ps plus games.

Anyone getting Helldivers 2 today? I'm very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Helldivers 2 matchmaking is broken right now which means if you're not playing with a team of friends then your solo and can only do the lowest trivial difficulty.

Actually just don't play vs bugs and turn cross play off, that seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Hey Lad's anyone for a game of Helldivers 2?

Just got going but can't join on quickplay - cross play turned off & restarted game - Same issue

My PSN is Gamer7746

I played a bit yesterday and earlier but won't be on for a while.

I'll add you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How are people finding it? I'm usually a story mode driven player but reviews for this seem positive

I'm not too far into it but I loved the first game, I wasn't too sure initially when they announced the game and it was third person but the bit I have played it didn't bother me, still getting to grips with the mechanics and mission types

The match making isn't working too good at the moment finding it really hard to get into games not a fan of solo playing myself but that may not bother others

The 2 sides of the galaxy has bugs on one side and robots on the other, most players are fighting the bugs so the server are overloaded there and matchmaking isn't great.

If you try the other side and try matchmaking from a robot planet then it's more likely to get a match, the leader can then move planet if they want or continue on the robot planet.

It still fails a lot but there is a chance rather than trying matchmake on a bug planet.

There was a update today 1.13GB so hopefully something changed.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks! Yeah I managed to get into 2 matches against the robots but they are alot tougher than the bugs and I was struggling a bit cos I'm only L3 or something and have no weapon / strategem updates yet 😅

It says in the top corner what difficulty the mission is.

1 = Trivial

2= Easy

For new players even easy can be hard.

Hard is impossible is players don't have dedicated anti armor weapons.

Also no more snow planet as the players liberated that for Democracy.

You buy stratagems from the computer at the back of the ship for R (requisitions) points, and you get primary and secondary weapons off the acquisitions press squared (on PS5) thing which you buy with the skull medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

No Mans Sky free trial available until Mon 19.02.24. No PS Plus subscription required

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

edit. dualsense charging issue. will create separate thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Woohoo:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

i signed up for that forgot about it months later went in and had enough get €40 store credit I couldn't belive it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

Can you view how much credit you have on the mobile app or on the PlayStation ? I definitely got some funding from the last round of points but can’t see how much I have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On PS5:

Go to store, click 3 dots on top right, under user name will be the balance.

On app:

Go to store, 3 lines on upper right, click payment method and will show your balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nice one. Found the cancel auto renew button in there also

Advertisement